It is difficult to see what is above and below the rifles on the hat insignia. US army infantry used a similar insignia with a number above to indicate the army and a letter below to indicate the company.
Thanks for the reply. I am unable to make out those as well even upon a close examination of the picture. I will see if I can look up some army infantry examples though.
fadippides wrote:Thanks for the reply. I am unable to make out those as well even upon a close examination of the picture. I will see if I can look up some army infantry examples though.
It's said Italy was a country of Saints, poets and navigators. There's no more trace of the poets and navigators but, fortunately, there are traces of the Saints. All the Italian towns are voted to a Saint and one of these is San Gennaro, well-known for his miracle. Who was San Gennaro? San Gennaro ...