It is difficult to see what is above and below the rifles on the hat insignia. US army infantry used a similar insignia with a number above to indicate the army and a letter below to indicate the company.
Thanks for the reply. I am unable to make out those as well even upon a close examination of the picture. I will see if I can look up some army infantry examples though.
fadippides wrote:Thanks for the reply. I am unable to make out those as well even upon a close examination of the picture. I will see if I can look up some army infantry examples though.
As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians. The earlies...