Pietro Vernesoni immigration

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
oilman19
Master
Master

Pietro Vernesoni immigration

Post by oilman19 »

http://search.ancestry.com/browse/view. ... esoni&st=g

Could someone help read line 22 of this manifest. I cannot read his wife's surname nor the complete name of castelletto di ??????. :?

Thank you
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Pietro Vernesoni immigration

Post by adelfio »

Wifes first name is Maddalena looks like Vernesoni Jim and the town looks like possible Castelletto Di Branduzzo

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Darn it, I think you are right, Marty. I was hoping to get her maiden name but she had already been in U.S. for 6 years and had at least 1 child here.
I found what I believe to be their original immigration on 26 Sep 1903. Aside from not knowing Maddalena's maiden surname, other mysteries abound. Family lore has it that their son Joseph (Giuseppe) born 15 Jan 1905 was born in PA. Joseph went to Italy at the age of 5 and didn't return until about 1934, married and with a pregnant Italian wife, Clementina Turcato. The only assumption I can make is that the whole family left for Italy before the 1910 census, since I have not found any of them on any census reports. I have never attempted to acquire emigration (from the U.S.)documents from another country.
I was hoping to prove (or disprove) the family lore but it seems I may have run into a dead end as far as helpful documents are concerned. Any suggestions?

Thank you
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

adelfio wrote:Wifes first name is Maddalena looks like Vernesoni Jim and the town looks like possible Castelletto Di Branduzzo

Marty
My thoughts are that it says "Castelletto di Brenzone" :-)

Castelletto is a frazione of the Comune of Brenzone in the Province of Verona, Veneto Region...

T.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Tessa you are right!
Hugs,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Thank you both. I had not seen that before. :)
Jim