1818 Birth Record-Angelo Gennaro Cillo # 3

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Haztek
Master
Master

1818 Birth Record-Angelo Gennaro Cillo # 3

Post by Haztek »

Record #3
At hour 16 (4 PM) on day 11 of January 1818 before Michele Buonanni, Mayor of the Comune of Cervinara, Province of Principato Ultra, appeared Nicola Cillo, age 35, profession of laborer, living in the aforesaid Comune, Casale Fressine (?), was born to his legimate wife Maria Cioffi, age 36, at 2 AM a male child named Angelo Gennaro.
Witnesses: Fortunato Cioffi, age 37, profession of (benestante) rich person, living in (come sopra) as above, AND Batto Comeo, age 23, profession of rich person, living in (come sopra) as above.
Thanks, jerry
http://postimage.org/image/awg0hl2xz/
Researching Crispino, Simeone, Cillo, & Girardi in Rotondi & Cervinara. Malvuccio, Lo Grande, Astone, & Munforti in Raccuja.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: 1818 Birth Record-Angelo Gennaro Cillo # 3

Post by liviomoreno »

The second witness is Bartolomeo Axxxi

According to my dictionary benestante translates to well-off, which is different from rich
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

liviomoreno wrote:The second witness is Bartolomeo Axxxi

According to my dictionary benestante translates to well-off, which is different from rich
Looking at the signature, my guess is that the surname of the second witness is De Simone, but could also be Aimone :-)

T.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Tessa78 wrote:

Looking at the signature, my guess is that the surname of the second witness is De Simone, but could also be Aimone :-)

T.
We've seen this witness in other records and, in the body of this record, the surname looks like Simone but the signature is "de Simone," so I believe that is the correct surname and not Aimone.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

erudita74 wrote:
Tessa78 wrote:

T.
We've seen this witness in other records and, in the body of this record, the surname looks like Simone but the signature is "de Simone," so I believe that is the correct surname and not Aimone.
I have a very hard time to read De Simone or even Aimone here... The las two letters look like "si", first letter could be A or N...

erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/topic26746.html

Look at the above link and the witness in that record. I believe they are the same Bartolomeo. In that record he was age 22 and in this record age 23. The other record is from 1817 and this from 1818. Also I think that the ending of the surname in Angelo's record is just an e with a long tail up in the air and not actually si. I see the si as well, but am sure that is not the ending of the surname. I think you really have to look at signature at the bottom to clarify the surname, as T and I have done. I think the "de Simone" is very clear in the signature.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Ok! you've convinced me! :)
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Glad my persuasive skills still work.
Haztek
Master
Master

Post by Haztek »

Thank you Livio, Tessa, & erudita74 for all of your input....and the lively discussion! :)
It was enjoyable reading it!

Thanks again,

jerry
Researching Crispino, Simeone, Cillo, & Girardi in Rotondi & Cervinara. Malvuccio, Lo Grande, Astone, & Munforti in Raccuja.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Always good to have multiple sets of eyes for these records.