Translating a Birth Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
demari18
Elite
Elite

Translating a Birth Record

Post by demari18 »

I have found a birth record for a possible relative named Francesco DeTora. The record was in the Atti di Matrimonio for the year 1877. It is on image 68 of 145 and it is number 230 on the lower left side of the page. Though it is in the marriage section the page heading is Atti Di Nascita. I am unable to read the parents' names. It looks like he was born on the 15th of June. Any help with the translation would be most appreciated. Thank you - demari
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Translating a Birth Record

Post by erudita74 »

demari18 wrote:I have found a birth record for a possible relative named Francesco DeTora. The record was in the Atti di Matrimonio for the year 1877. It is on image 68 of 145 and it is number 230 on the lower left side of the page. Though it is in the marriage section the page heading is Atti Di Nascita. I am unable to read the parents' names. It looks like he was born on the 15th of June. Any help with the translation would be most appreciated. Thank you - demari
copy and paste the url from the top of the screen where the record is so that we can view the record-

Erudita
demari18
Elite
Elite

Post by demari18 »

I use Ancestry at my senior center so I will get that url on Thursday when I go to class. Thank you for the help. demari
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Record #230
Dated 15 June 1877 at 11:31 AM at the town office.
Before the official in Teano, appeared Francesco Di Tora, 46, laborer residing in Casale Villa Teano, to declare that at 11:30 AM on the 14th of the current month at the place in Via Chiesa [no number], to Carmina Rotondo, his wife, laborer, residing with him, was born a male child who he presented to the official and to whom was given the name FRANCESO
Witnesses to the record: Vincenzo Di Tora, 56, laborer; and Ignazio Di Tora, 30, laborer.

NOTATION in column…
With Act 16 November 1902, #82 in Teano, Di Tora married Cristina De Simone.

Here is the image...

T.