CARIOZZI family name - Help needed!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
MarcoG

CARIOZZI family name - Help needed!

Post by MarcoG »

I was searching my Great-Great-Grandmother Restitutta Cariozzi last name on Google and I couldn't find anything on her last name. Actually, the only stuff i could find of this name is on French website's, and French people who have this name. I am wondering if anybody can help me find out more information of this family name, if it has a Coat of Arms, its origin...etc

I know its Italian it has to be, but i just think its werid that nothing about this name comes up about Italy, but instead France. Can anybody help me finding out more information about this family last name? Anything that anybody knows would be appreciated, thanks.
carubia
Master
Master

Re: CARIOZZI family name - Help needed!

Post by carubia »

The name Cariozzi, which certainly sounds Italian, is not currently found in Italy, at least according to websites that list the frequency of names in Italy. Also, the only records for that name on familysearch.org are from the US. It seems to me that most likely the name was altered from its original Italian form. Carlozzi is a strong possibility.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi
you can add more details?
It could be possible that her maiden name was Carrozza and no Cariozzi ..
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
MarcoG

Post by MarcoG »

suanj wrote:Hi
you can add more details?
It could be possible that her maiden name was Carrozza and no Cariozzi ..
suanj

Hey suanj, all that i know is that my Great-Great-Grandmother Restitutta Cariozzi married my Great-Great-Grandfather Carlo Baldassarra. My entire family on both sides comes from Southern Lazio (Frosinione) so maybe there is a website i can search names from Lazio and see if she comes up on records. Is there? Let me know, thanks. And im also going to try and see if i can get more information about her and her family name from my family.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi, Carlo and Restituta immigrated in USA? Where they lived? they was born abt on...?
you can say more..?
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

I found this record abt a Carlo Giuseppe Baldassarre coming from Frosinone:

First Name: Carlo Guiseppe
Last Name: Baldassure (Baldassarre)
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian
Last Place of Residence: Feotinone (Frosinone)
Date of Arrival: Jul 12, 1901
Age at Arrival: 27y Gender: M Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Marco Minghetti
Port of Departure: Napoli
Manifest Line Number: 0001

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0001
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
MarcoG

Post by MarcoG »

suanj wrote:Hi, Carlo and Restituta immigrated in USA? Where they lived? they was born abt on...?
you can say more..?
suanj
No Carlo and Restitutta never left Italia, and I'm from Canada. Restitutta Cariozzi married Carlo Baldassarra and gave birth to my Nonno Grande Nazareno Baldassarra (who was a World War 1 & 2 veteran for Italia) who married Filomena Luongo.

She gave birth to my Nonno Baldassarra who married a Savona who gave birth to my mother here in Canada who married my father who was also born here in Canada. My grandparents (my mothers parents) moved here to Canada when they were in there late teens-early 20's.(I don't know the exact date they moved here but can find out)

*Edit: Removed some of the more personal info on living persons to protect their privacy.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Weell a Domenico Baldassarra came in Toronto, 16 old, coming from Pescosolido (Frosinone province:
Canadian Passenger Lists, 1865-1935 about Domenico Baldassarre
Name: Domenico Baldassarre
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1897
Date of Arrival: 25 Apr 1913
Vessel: Italia

if it is the right Domenico the birth town could be Pescosolido...
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Marco,
if your Gparents are still alive, you might ask them the exact place they were from. This might be of help for us....
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
MarcoG

Post by MarcoG »

PippoM wrote:Marco,
if your Gparents are still alive, you might ask them the exact place they were from. This might be of help for us....
Ok i found out more information my Nonno Domenico was born in 1938 in Sora, Frosinone, Lazio and he moved here to Canada in the 1950's. His father (my Nonno Grande) Nazareno Baldassarra was born on 28, July, 1900 in Sora, Frosinone, Lazio and he died in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on 20, May, 2000. He lived 100 years! (his body is buried in Italia, same with his wife Filomena, he was a World War veteran, not sure his rank i have a big painting of him in my house and he is wearing one of those hats with the feathers sticking out of it, i think he was a Bersaglieri, ill maybe make another post on this website and take a picture of him) His father (my Great-Great-Grandfather) Carlo Baldassarra, i dont know when he was born and died (i still have to talk to my nonno) he married Restitutta Cariozzi.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

finally some helpful data!
if you can try in Sora civil records:
Registri dello stato civile di Sora (Frosinone), 1809-1899
Authors: Sora (Frosinone). Ufficio dello stato civile (Main Author)
Format: Manuscript/Manuscript on Film
Language: Italian
Publication: Salt Lake City, Utah : Filmati dalla Genealogical Society of Utah, 1979-1993
Physical: in 79 bobine di microfilm ; 35 mm.
Births, marriages, deaths, miscellaneous documents, marriage documents.
you will find Carlo marriage and the exact spelling of Restituta maiden name.. the ages and more infos... when by ages you have a possible birth year, you can find also the birth acts...
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
MarcoG

Post by MarcoG »

suanj wrote:finally some helpful data!
if you can try in Sora civil records:
Registri dello stato civile di Sora (Frosinone), 1809-1899
Authors: Sora (Frosinone). Ufficio dello stato civile (Main Author)
Format: Manuscript/Manuscript on Film
Language: Italian
Publication: Salt Lake City, Utah : Filmati dalla Genealogical Society of Utah, 1979-1993
Physical: in 79 bobine di microfilm ; 35 mm.
Births, marriages, deaths, miscellaneous documents, marriage documents.
you will find Carlo marriage and the exact spelling of Restituta maiden name.. the ages and more infos... when by ages you have a possible birth year, you can find also the birth acts...
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library
suanj
Hey suanj, is there any other way to view this information without paying for it? Because on that website its asking you to buy something. Also, i was talking to my mother and she is certain that its spelt Cariozzi because people used to call Nazareno (my nonno grande) "cariozz" as a nickname, which is based off his mother's last name (Restitutta Cariozzi). I am also putting together my family tree on ancestry.com i would have no problem if you can take a look at it and help me with it, i am missing alot of people (mostly in my pedigree). If you can help me that would be great :) let me know. You already have been trying to help me and i appreciate it. And everybody else who commented on here trying to help i thank you too. - Marco
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Marco,
we can't look for you!
I mean, those info are only available on microfilm, and the one way to see them is requesting them and having them sent to the nearest Family History Center, where you will be able to consult them.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
MarcoItaliano
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MarcoItaliano »

Hi, this was one of my old Topics i made on my old profile...(MarcoItaliano is my new one)

im wondering if my G-G-Grandmother Restituta's surname was actually Ariozzi, because i found that its also an official surname and many people in Italy have that surname. And it sounds so similar to Cariozzi it just doesnt have the "C" at the starting.

On http://www.gens.info/ i searched CARIOZZI and nothing comes up, no people in Italy have that surname, but when i searched ARIOZZI (i took off the "C") and about 80 or so people in Italy are living and have that surname in the regions of Lombardia, Veneto, Emilia-Romagna, Marche, Abruzzo & Lazio.

Also, when i went on this website: http://www.paginebianche.it/ i searched CARIOZZI and it automatically changes my search to ARIOZZI, so basically it was correcting my spelling, so i think Restituta's surname is actually Ariozzi, just from that alone. But the surname Cariozzi exists in the world (this is why its confusing to me) i found that people living in USA, FRANCE & ARGENTINA have the surname Cariozzi, maybe all their names are spelled wrong? thats the only thing i can think. Can someone help?

One more thing, i noticed that there is an italian surname Cario and i searched on http://www.gens.info/ and many people also have that name living in Italy, what is the definition of Cario? what does it mean? I also found CARIOTTI and its also popular in Italy and sounds very much like CARIOZZI. I Also found in America & Italy there is also SCARIOZZI and SCARIOTTI. im very lost and there is so many possibility on which is the correct spelling. Can someone help?
Family Surnames In My Pedigree:
GIZZI, PALLESCHI, BALDASSARRA, SAVONA, CORSETTI, DE SANTIS, LUONGO, CASTELLUCCI, DI CRESCE, MATTACCHIONE, CARIOZZI, MATTEUCCI, DI COSMO,
3rd-generation Canadian. Family from Lazio (Frosinone province)
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Unfortunately there are no online records of Sora so your best bet is to get the films from Family History Library to start your research to verify your info and gets some ages and correct surnames
or send request to Sora by mail. You can also ask italysearcher she lives in Sora she is a researcher
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
Here are the requested for birth records

Comune di Sora -
Corso Volsci, 111
03039 - Sora (Fr)
Italy
OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita o l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita di Nazareno Baldassarra

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Sora. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita di queste persone:
Nome e cognome : Nazareno Baldassarra
Nome e cognome del padre: Carlo Baldassarra
Luogo di nascita: Sora
Data di nascita: 28 luglio 1900
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID

Comune di Sora -
Corso Volsci, 111
03039 - Sora (Fr)
Italy

OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita o l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita di Filomena Luongo

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Sora. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita di queste persone:
Nome e cognome : Filomena Luongo
Nome e cognome del padre: Agostino Luongo
Nome e cognome della madre: Angelina Matteucci
Luogo di nascita: Sora
Data di nascita: 19 dic 1896
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty