Death of Isabella di Ninno

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
scraig32
Elite
Elite

Death of Isabella di Ninno

Post by scraig32 »

I am so excited bc I just found this death extract and it gives the names of a set of my 8x great grandparents- this will be the earliest set of ancestors yet!!! I have it translated but am not sure of the surname of the mother. Once again, I need your expertise eyes :D
Thank you thank you!

5 May 1814 Riccia
Isabella di Ninno died at her home. 70 years old, peasant farmer. Father deceased Giambattista and mother (alive?) Carmina Spallone (?). Widow of Primiano Casario

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 1.jpg.html
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Death of Isabella di Ninno

Post by Tessa78 »

Yes... mother's surname is Spallone, a name found in Riccia.

T.
scraig32
Elite
Elite

Post by scraig32 »

Oh wow! Thanks so much. And now since the mother was alive maybe I can find her death extract and I'll have my 9x!!! Thank you again!
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Suzanne
About Carmina Spallone-
I have gone through all of the indices to 1833, and even record by record for the year 1823 since the index only goes to the letter R.

In 1823, there is a Donata Carmina Spallone, image #103, but she died at 3 days.

In 1827, there is a Maria Carmina Spallone, but she died at age 11 months. (image 76).

So either your Carmina Spallone died in another town, or she died earlier than the available records and the delli fu, despite the fact that the word fu instead of furono appears in the record, was meant to indicate that both were deceased.

Also, I'm sure you already know this, but the two declarants in the record were sons of the deceased.

Erudita
scraig32
Elite
Elite

Post by scraig32 »

Oh my Erudita! Thank you so much! That took yiu a lot of time I know. You are very sweet to look for me. I appreciate it so much. I will assume that the record is incorrect and that she died earlier.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

scraig32 wrote:Oh my Erudita! Thank you so much! That took yiu a lot of time I know. You are very sweet to look for me. I appreciate it so much. I will assume that the record is incorrect and that she died earlier.

Hi Suzanne
Well hopefully I didn't miss the record, but as far as I can tell, it's not there. You're very welcome.
Erudita