I was hoping some of you could be able to identify it by the police / military uniforms.
Additionally, the town is incredibly small, so it's even possible family could be in the photo.

Thanks,
J




Ok, cool - that makes sense now.Nunsiata wrote:It was definitely taken in the 1920s, as the clothing suggests. One thing to remember though: poorer or more rural areas were behind the times in clothing styles. Therefore the time period may be later than it seems.
Do you know which person in the photograph is your great-grandfather?
It is a really great picture. I especially like the priest's tattered lace! It speaks volumes!
Those 3 men in uniform are "Carabinieri", and those on the right side use to wear that kind of unifom between 1910 and 1940john_dominic wrote:I came across it recently, and it's from my mother's family's hometown, so i'd like to tell her (and see) if it is when my g-grandfather left Italy to come to America.
I was hoping some of you could be able to identify it by the police / military uniforms.
Additionally, the town is incredibly small, so it's even possible family could be in the photo.
Thanks,
J

Yes, but differently from Policemen, they are not civil, Carabinieri is an Army. In fact they are involved into various UN activities all around the world. Are a special combat corp.ricbru wrote:Nunsiata,
Carabinieri are the eldest Italian policemen corp.
It has been found around 1812-1814 during the Napoleon empire.
visit this web site
http://www.carabinieri.it/Internet/Multilingua/EN/
I hope it helps, bye Ricbru