Marriage Record for Antonino Incognito/Pietra Veca

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Marriage Record for Antonino Incognito/Pietra Veca

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Hi Everyone:

I just found a marriage record for great uncle. I can translate from the forms, but this record is written entirely in Italian. I would appreciate if someone can translate as much of the record as possible. I thought they were married in Hoboken, NJ. Is this another marriage for them in Italy or is it the information from their marriage in Hoboken.

Here is the link:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,244563201

Again, I thank everyone for their time in helping me.

Sue Antista
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Marriage Record for Antonino Incognito/Pietra Veca

Post by erudita74 »

Sue
They were married in Hoboken, NJ in the church of Saint Francis (on July 28, 1912.). The Italian record is dated July 1, 1937 at 9:30 a.m in Patti. Appearing was Pietra Veca, age 46, the daughter of deceased Ignazio. She had been born in Patti and was a resident there. She presented a copy of the marriage act and asked that it be transcribed exactly for inclusion in the registers in Patti for the current year (1937). At her request, the town official complied. This is the info from the NJ marriage act. Church of S. Francesco (St Francis), Hoboken, NJ. Antonino Incognito, son of Rosario and Carmela Cappadona, natives of Patti, province of Messina, and Pietra Veca, daughter of Ignazio and Febbrania Cottone, natives of Patti, Messina Province, were joined in holy matrimony according to the rite of the holy Catholic Church and according to the laws of NJ, on the 28th of July 1912 by Rev Serafino Pierolta (sp?). Witnesses were Francesco Mascoveca (sp?) and Francesco Cappadona.

Erudita
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Marriage Record for Antonino Incognito/Pietra Veca

Post by Tessa78 »

:D
I see Pietra's age as 45 rather than 46, and her mother's given name as Febbronia.

Surname of the first witness to the marriage I read as Mascaria.

The two witnesses to the recording of the marriage in Patti...
Andrea Mirenda and Crifo Benedetto.

T.