me-mother-grandmother-great-grandfather

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: me-mother-grandmother-great-grandfather

Post by suanj »

.....before of EU legal rights are the EU legal and ethic duties....
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
nicedream
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nicedream »

Specifically, what do you mean by this?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

nicedream wrote:Specifically, what do you mean by this?
Specifically I mean that the citizenship is no a abstract condition or only rights, but is the conscientiousness of to be a active part of Italy and of Italy history; this mean that the person must have in the conscience the complete meaning of italian citizenship that is civil rights but also civil duties .... hoping clear..
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
nicedream
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nicedream »

I understand. If or when I obtain citizenship, I fully inted to be as responsible as citizen as possible.
Petrarca
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Petrarca »

nicedream....you do qualify! As long as your great-grandfather was still an Italian when your grandmother was born.

Your situation is basically the same as mine, and I was approved by the consulate in December. HOWEVER, you MUST get the proof that your great-grandfather was an Italian citizen at the time of your grandmother's birth.
nicedream
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nicedream »

Thanks Petrarca, I was wondering if you were ever going to check back here! I was reading through all your posts, and I think you were moving to Sweden, correct? How did that go?

I have sent to Washington DC to get a record of my great-grandfather's naturalization record. I don't know when he was naturalized but according to the 1930 census he was still listed as an alien, and my grandmother was already 4 years old at the time.
rmorse

Post by rmorse »

I'm trying to get Italian citizenship via:

Mother b. 1944 (US)
Grandfather b. 1919 (US)
Great-grandfather b. 1892 (IT) Naturalized in 1935

I just received my great-grandfather's birth certificate from Italy. I need to get a few documents from the Massachusetts State Archives, but I believe my path to citizenship is all set :-)

I hope all your searches are going well, too!

Rick
mler
Master
Master

Post by mler »

Suanj,

In both situations you describe, you would DEFINITELY qualify. Your grandmother may have been born before 1948, but she was an Italian because her father was Italian. She keeps this citizenship, and finally after 1948, she is able to pass it to her children. Because your mother was born after 1948, there is no problem.