Death Record Translations

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
mrudnik
Rookie
Rookie

Death Record Translations

Post by mrudnik »

Hello,

I have three more death records I need assistance in translating.

as always, Thank You.
Attachments
GB Ricardino Death 1867.jpg
G Ricordino Death 1875.jpg
D Caligaris Death 1901.jpg
dmt1955
Master
Master

Re: Death Record Translations

Post by dmt1955 »

death act date 6 Jan 1901

#1 death act, Domenica Caligaris died 5 Jan 1901 at 2.10am in the house at Piazzo Vittorio Emanuele 2 #7, age 71, hosuewife born and residing in Romano Canavese, daughter of Rosa Enrico, and widow of Carlo Vaio, son of Domenico.

death act #62 dated 22 Dec 1875, Giovanni Ricardino is dead 22 Dec 1875 at the hour of 4.30am in this place #11, age 59, farmer, born and residing in this town, son of deceased Michele and Lucia Bessolo, farmer, both residents of this town. married to Luigia Niguolio?

#157 death act dated 30 Jul 1867 G[iovanni]Battista Ricardino is dead 26 Jul at the hour of 10.30 am, in the place he lived, without number, ??tone di Montiglio, son of Filippo deceased and Domenica Refria, circa 60 years of age, farmer, widower of Domenica Ruggiero, of Martino, born in this town

donna
Locations of interest: Ariano Irpino, Altavilla Irpina, Montaguto, Volturrara Irpina, Paternopoli, San Mango Sul Calore
https://ArianoIrpinoGenealogy.weebly.com/
https://paternopoligenealogy.weebly.com/
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

dmt1955 wrote: #157 or 137? death act dated 30 Jul 1867 G[iovanni]Battista Ricardino is dead "26 Jul at the hour of 10.30 am", in the place he lived, without number, "Cantone" di Montiglio, son of Filippo deceased and Domenica "Resia", circa 60 years of age, farmer, widower of Domenica Ruggiero, of Martino, born in this town 
donna
The colours arn't working. I think the deceaseds mother was Domenica "Resia".

Also: While the record says that Giovanni Battista died 10.30 am on 26 July, there is a correction at the bottom of this record to say that he died on 25 July at 10.30 p.m. (There are two little crosses at the beggining of the words circled.)

I've also added the word "Cantone" which I think would be a small area of the town - Canton?

I haven't read through the other two translations.

Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

dmt1955 wrote:death act date 6 Jan 1901
#1 death act, Domenica Caligaris died "6" Jan 1901 at 2.10am in the house at Piazzo Vittorio Emanuele 2 #7, age 71, housewife born and residing in Romano Canavese, daughter of "deceased Luigi, contadino, who lived in this town when living", and "deceased" Rosa Enrico, "who also lived in this town when living", and widow of Carlo Vaio, son of deceased Domenico.
The date of death was "oggi 6".

death act #62 dated 22 Dec 1875, Giovanni Ricardino is dead 22 Dec 1875 at the hour of 4.30am in this place #11, age 59, farmer, born and residing in this town, son of deceased Michele and Lucia Bessolo, farmer, both residents of this town. married to Luigia "Niguolio"?
Luigia's surname is possibly "Vignolio (Vignolo)"

donna
Angela
mrudnik
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mrudnik »

Thank you both for the translations. It is greatly appreciated.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Happy to help.

Angela:-0
mrudnik
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mrudnik »

I have an additional question for you. Erudita had translated a birth record for me and there was a part that she did not understand.

Then there is something about the heirs of deceased Francesco Ricardino of the cantone called Montiglio, but I
don't understand what this means.

Could you look at it and see if you can figure it out?

Thank You.

Michael
Attachments
C Ricardino Birth 1866 1.jpg
C Ricardino Birth 1866 2.jpg
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

2nd page starting with the last word of line 5-referring to Maria Ravera Zio, wife of Domenico Ricardino-

Here's the Italian-

nata pure in questo luogo, e seco lui domiciliata nella sua casa di abitazione senza numero posta in questo luogo di Romano Canavese, di spettanza degli eredi fu Francesco Ricardino, Cantone denominato di Montiglio...

the literal translation-
born also in this place and living with him in her house without a number located in this place of Romano Canavese, of the settlement of the heirs of deceased Francesco Ricardino, canton called or named Montiglio

I don't know what the relationship of Francesco was to Domenico, but maybe Domenico was somehow one of Francesco's heirs and received the house in the settlement of Francesco's estate???

Erudita
mrudnik
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mrudnik »

OK. That at least gives me something else to look into. Francesco may be his father since Domenico had already passed by the time Catterina was born. Unfortunately the records I have access to right now only go back to 1866 so I can't check.

As always, thank you for your assistance.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

You're very welcome, Michael There are some unusual things in your records. BTW, I don't know if you saw the translations I did for you in the following link:
Erudita

http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/language/37353
mrudnik
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mrudnik »

I did not see those. I Did not receive the notification for some reason. Again. Thanks for all the translations you have done for me.