Old Military Records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
lentini
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 111
Joined: 01 Nov 2013, 19:24

Old Military Records

Post by lentini »

Hi all,

I have an ancestor who was from Cremona. He fought with Garibaldi in the unification of Italy. I was wondering where could I find any military records for him? I was told he was a Captain in the army and I was hoping to better understand what he did and his military service record.

If anyone can help with details of where I can possibly get more information.

Thank you
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Old Military Records

Post by darkerhorse »

User avatar
lentini
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 111
Joined: 01 Nov 2013, 19:24

Re: Old Military Records

Post by lentini »

darkerhorse wrote: 04 Apr 2021, 20:35 https://i1000.altervista.org/
He was not on this webpage, perhaps not part of the 1000? any other way to see military records from that period ?

Thanks
User avatar
lentini
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 111
Joined: 01 Nov 2013, 19:24

Re: Old Military Records

Post by lentini »

Hi so no places to get military records from that time period ?

Thanks
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Old Military Records

Post by mmogno »

Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
User avatar
lentini
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 111
Joined: 01 Nov 2013, 19:24

Re: Old Military Records

Post by lentini »

I now have his matricola 1483 and regiment details. Do you think its possible to get more details of the matricola from 1866 ?

Thanks
User avatar
lentini
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 111
Joined: 01 Nov 2013, 19:24

Re: Old Military Records

Post by lentini »

Unfortunately the record I found was not who I was looking for. If anyone can help me.

The name of the soldier is Eugenio Schiavi from Cremona
The information I have is he was involved in the campaigns of independence of Italy in 1860-61 and 1866

If anyone can help find any details about him or where I could find more information.

Thank you
Pit
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: 10 Apr 2021, 15:36

Re: Old Military Records

Post by Pit »

About Cremona military Eeugenio's daughter later legitimated.
Pit

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 5.jpg.html
User avatar
lentini
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 111
Joined: 01 Nov 2013, 19:24

Re: Old Military Records

Post by lentini »

Pit wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 10:29 About Cremona military Eeugenio's daughter later legitimated.
Pit

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 5.jpg.html
that is him. Thank you
Post Reply