Stephanie,
I am interested in the Fusco connection see my website www.capaldi-clan.com
However a quick search in Scotland's People and Ancestry.com I have found the following:-
Alfonso Macari b 1885 married to Antonia Marsella b 1879 d 29 Sep 1937 Cambusnethan.
Alfonso (Peter) d 14 May 1958 2nd ...
Search found 69 matches
- 02 Apr 2013, 14:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Macari Family - Casalattico to Scotland
- Replies: 19
- Views: 14670
- 17 Mar 2013, 13:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Marcantonio Picinisco
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2633
Re: Marcantonio Picinisco
A Pyle
I can recommend a book "Italy's Many Diasporas" by Donna R. Gabaccia.
which will give you all the details of and statistics on Italian emigration throughout the World.
It contains specific references to Picinisco on pages 71,78 & 92
I also note below some notes that I have taken from the ...
I can recommend a book "Italy's Many Diasporas" by Donna R. Gabaccia.
which will give you all the details of and statistics on Italian emigration throughout the World.
It contains specific references to Picinisco on pages 71,78 & 92
I also note below some notes that I have taken from the ...
- 24 Sep 2012, 12:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italians Working in Munich Bavaria from 1870 to 1915
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1601
Italians Working in Munich Bavaria from 1870 to 1915
My ancestors from Picinisco which includes Capaldi,Fusco,Gizzi,Valente and Boni All worked in Munich Bavaria but maintained their link with Picinisco and Villa Latina.
Does anyone have any information on the type of work in which they were employed?
They lived in the Schwabbing district of Munich ...
Does anyone have any information on the type of work in which they were employed?
They lived in the Schwabbing district of Munich ...
- 24 Jun 2012, 21:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: looking for relitives of Alfred Franscisco Valente
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2760
Re: looking for relitives of Alfred Franscisco Valente
Ian
found the following
Notes from Scotland’s People June 2012
Death Certificate
Alfred Valente age 51 died 27 September 1951 19 St Clements Gardens, Wallyford, E Lothian
Married to Catherine Fotheringham
Occupation Railway Surfacemean
Father Francis Valente Boiler Fireman (retired)
Mother ...
found the following
Notes from Scotland’s People June 2012
Death Certificate
Alfred Valente age 51 died 27 September 1951 19 St Clements Gardens, Wallyford, E Lothian
Married to Catherine Fotheringham
Occupation Railway Surfacemean
Father Francis Valente Boiler Fireman (retired)
Mother ...
- 30 Dec 2011, 15:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Photograph of Unknown Family
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1769
Re: Photograph of Unknown Family
Thanks Ursula.
The photograph was sent to me by a cousin in USA.
I have no details of date taken or location.
They may be related to my Capaldi family.
Any comments and suggestions are much appreciated no matter how obscure.
Stuart
The photograph was sent to me by a cousin in USA.
I have no details of date taken or location.
They may be related to my Capaldi family.
Any comments and suggestions are much appreciated no matter how obscure.
Stuart
- 14 Dec 2011, 14:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Photograph of Unknown Family
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1769
Photograph of Unknown Family
Does anyone recognise this family group or the individuals in the attached photograph?
Any suggestions are much appreciated.
Thanks
Any suggestions are much appreciated.
Thanks
- 28 Sep 2011, 10:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Tracing the birthplace of my Italian grandfather - Minchella
- Replies: 23
- Views: 8528
Re: Tracing the birthplace of my Italian grandfather - Minch
Susan
It is likely that he came from the Val di Comino which includes the following registration comune, San Biagio Saracinisco, Picinisco, Villa Latina and Atina.
I have both Minchella and Coia ancestors in my family tree.
However in about 1800 a group of families moved from San Giuseppe ...
It is likely that he came from the Val di Comino which includes the following registration comune, San Biagio Saracinisco, Picinisco, Villa Latina and Atina.
I have both Minchella and Coia ancestors in my family tree.
However in about 1800 a group of families moved from San Giuseppe ...
- 09 Sep 2011, 00:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Gizzi, Picinisco & Apollinio, Vastogirardi
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4890
Re: Gizzi, Picinisco & Apollinio, Vastogirardi
Lisa
I have no information on Links to Cardinal Gizzi.
I have Michele Angelo Gizzi as having a son Louis Gizzi b circa 1890 England
Then John Gizzi b circa 1915 England
Loreto Pietro Martire Gizzi had 9 children
Giovanni Pasquale Gizzi had 7 children
If you have any links or information on ...
I have no information on Links to Cardinal Gizzi.
I have Michele Angelo Gizzi as having a son Louis Gizzi b circa 1890 England
Then John Gizzi b circa 1915 England
Loreto Pietro Martire Gizzi had 9 children
Giovanni Pasquale Gizzi had 7 children
If you have any links or information on ...
- 07 Sep 2011, 20:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Gizzi, Picinisco & Apollinio, Vastogirardi
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4890
Re: Gizzi, Picinisco & Apollinio, Vastogirardi
Hello Lisa
I have Michele Angelo Gizzi b 1859 as a distant relative in my family tree.
The following details all born in Picinisco
Pio Giovanni Gizzi b 1814
Andrea Gerardo Antonio Gizzi b 20 April 1784 San Giuseppe Picinisco
Loreto Pietro Martire Gizzi b 29 April 1748 San Giuseppe Married ...
I have Michele Angelo Gizzi b 1859 as a distant relative in my family tree.
The following details all born in Picinisco
Pio Giovanni Gizzi b 1814
Andrea Gerardo Antonio Gizzi b 20 April 1784 San Giuseppe Picinisco
Loreto Pietro Martire Gizzi b 29 April 1748 San Giuseppe Married ...
- 07 Sep 2011, 19:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Filomena Capaldi husband not known mystery to be solved
- Replies: 37
- Views: 29514
Re: Filomena Capaldi husband not known mystery to be solved
To all in this thread
Thanks for your assistance in my search, it has been excellent and has resulted in the niece of Filomena's 1st husband (Leandro Mendoza) contacting me.
Of course as all genealogy followers know "once we have solved a mystery it is not the end. It just means there are more ...
Thanks for your assistance in my search, it has been excellent and has resulted in the niece of Filomena's 1st husband (Leandro Mendoza) contacting me.
Of course as all genealogy followers know "once we have solved a mystery it is not the end. It just means there are more ...
- 30 Aug 2011, 11:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Filomena Capaldi husband not known mystery to be solved
- Replies: 37
- Views: 29514
Re: Filomena Capaldi husband not known mystery to be solved
Jamie
I received an e-mail from Leandro Mendoza's niece who lives in California. Her father was Leandro's brother.
I am now waiting for further details from her e.g dates birth, marriage, death etc.
However if anyone can confirm that a "Maria Morales" was also a passenger on the ship from ...
I received an e-mail from Leandro Mendoza's niece who lives in California. Her father was Leandro's brother.
I am now waiting for further details from her e.g dates birth, marriage, death etc.
However if anyone can confirm that a "Maria Morales" was also a passenger on the ship from ...
- 28 Aug 2011, 23:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Filomena Capaldi husband not known mystery to be solved
- Replies: 37
- Views: 29514
Re: Filomena Capaldi husband not known mystery to be solved
It has been a couple of years since I updated this thread. Last week I discovered that Filomena's 1st husband was Leandro Mendoza, a mexican born citizen who was studying painting and art in europe.
He contracted TB and returned to Mexico where he unfortunately died.
Still not sure if Filomena and ...
He contracted TB and returned to Mexico where he unfortunately died.
Still not sure if Filomena and ...
- 20 Feb 2011, 18:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Rossi family, Atina, Frosinone, Lazio
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5068
Re: Rossi family, Atina, Frosinone, Lazio
I have just checked my list ofnames for Atina.
The 2nd most popular name living in Atina is De Luca with 116 people
The 5th most popular name is Rossi with 78 people.
The 2nd most popular name living in Atina is De Luca with 116 people
The 5th most popular name is Rossi with 78 people.
- 20 Feb 2011, 17:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Rossi family, Atina, Frosinone, Lazio
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5068
Re: Rossi family, Atina, Frosinone, Lazio
If he was born in Atina or its villages it is recorded in the local anagrafe office.
You may also be able to view the entry in the LDS microfiche records. You will need to go to your local LDS Family History Centre. you can search for this on line.
Also I have no doubt many people on this forum ...
You may also be able to view the entry in the LDS microfiche records. You will need to go to your local LDS Family History Centre. you can search for this on line.
Also I have no doubt many people on this forum ...
- 20 Feb 2011, 17:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Rossi family, Atina, Frosinone, Lazio
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5068
Re: Rossi family, Atina, Frosinone, Lazio
Please check out my web site www.capaldi-clan.com which details my search experiences.
The area is the Val di Comino which includes the towns of Atina, Villa Latina and Picinisco etc.
The area is the Val di Comino which includes the towns of Atina, Villa Latina and Picinisco etc.