Search found 28 matches
- 19 Nov 2017, 04:43
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help Finding A Birth Record Please
- Replies: 37
- Views: 15063
Re: Help Finding A Birth Record Please
Here is our great-great grandfather, Antonio Galucci & Maria Ciampa's daughter's death certificate...again, more confirmation that 'Champ' was not her real maiden name, but something she adopted to sound more American
- 19 Nov 2017, 02:58
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help Finding A Birth Record Please
- Replies: 37
- Views: 15063
Re: Help Finding A Birth Record Please
Here is our great-great grandfather, Antonio Galucci & Maria Ciampa's daughter's death certificate...again, more confirmation that 'Champ' was not her real maiden name, but something she adopted to sound more American https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/5164/42342_2421406259_0619-00086?pid ...
- 11 Aug 2017, 04:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Champ
- Replies: 19
- Views: 10734
Re: Champ
I found the civil marriage registration as well, which provides more details about Mary Ciampa...she was definitely from Italy, and had been married once before. Hope that helps a bit more.
- 07 Aug 2017, 22:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Champ
- Replies: 19
- Views: 10734
Re: Champ
Hey, I received a report from the Pittsburgh Dioscese that has Antonio & Mary's info...here's what they found (I'm copy/pasting):
The Marriage Register of St. Vitus does include Antonio Gallucci’s second marriage on December 18, 1904 (all names are transcribed as recorded in the original Latin ...
The Marriage Register of St. Vitus does include Antonio Gallucci’s second marriage on December 18, 1904 (all names are transcribed as recorded in the original Latin ...
- 11 Jul 2017, 03:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Champ
- Replies: 19
- Views: 10734
Re: Champ
Some new detail...her last name was likely Ciampi...this was uploaded recently by one of our relatives...shows their marriage license application in New Castle.
https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/tr ... 9c699ad5bf
https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/tr ... 9c699ad5bf
- 25 Jan 2017, 20:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Great Grandmother
- Replies: 20
- Views: 8182
Re: Great Grandmother
Hmm...interesting detail. I've hit a brick wall trying to track down our respective great-great-grandfather's first wife (more here,https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/italian-genealogy/34994?p=245652#p245652 if interested), and I'd assumed she lived in the same vicinity of Caserta. Nobody in the ...
- 25 Jan 2017, 03:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Great Grandmother
- Replies: 20
- Views: 8182
Re: Great Grandmother
Just to add more confirmation...Antonio was born in Caserta, in Baia e Latina (See attached: Born on April 14, 1860 to Rafaele Gallucci and Catterina di Nocera).
So it is nearly certain that Charlotte, our great-great grandfather's (step) daughter, is also from Caserta. That said, Caserta has a ...
So it is nearly certain that Charlotte, our great-great grandfather's (step) daughter, is also from Caserta. That said, Caserta has a ...
- 15 Jun 2016, 15:58
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Am I reading this correctly?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 769
Am I reading this correctly?
Hi, I recently tracked down my great-great grandfather's birth record, but my Itailan is very poor, and I can't make out some of the document. My current guess is that it says Antonio was presented on April 14, 1860, in Latina. His father was Raffaele Gallucci son of deceased Pasquale Gallucci, and ...
- 15 Jun 2016, 01:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Anthony Gallucci...no passenger list, no naturalization?
- Replies: 39
- Views: 19608
Re: Anthony Gallucci...no passenger list, no naturalization?
Well, everyone, I found my great-great grandfather's birth registration! After a long journey on this forum and at my public library, I present to you the birth of Antonio Gallucci. People like Marty and Tessa have been a great help along the way, and deserve a lot of credit for their kind efforts ...
- 24 May 2016, 02:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Anthony Gallucci...no passenger list, no naturalization?
- Replies: 39
- Views: 19608
Re: Anthony Gallucci...no passenger list, no naturalization?
Thanks so much Marty...I will track these down asap!
- 07 May 2016, 02:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Anthony Gallucci...no passenger list, no naturalization?
- Replies: 39
- Views: 19608
Re: Anthony Gallucci...no passenger list, no naturalization?
Thanks so much Tessa! Even though it wasn't 'our' Antonio, you've added a new piece to the puzzle by finding Giambattista, my great-great-great-great grandfather's name, which we didn't know until now!
Now, If we could only locate my great grandfather, Antonio's birth or marriage record, and his ...
Now, If we could only locate my great grandfather, Antonio's birth or marriage record, and his ...
- 06 May 2016, 20:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Anthony Gallucci...no passenger list, no naturalization?
- Replies: 39
- Views: 19608
Re: Anthony Gallucci...no passenger list, no naturalization?
Adelfio, (or anyone else) I did some further (manual) searching through the Baia e Latina records, and found what I believe is Maria Maddalena Gallucci's birth record.
http://interactive.ancestry.com/1893/31752_221143-02635?backurl=http%3a%2f%2fsearch.ancestry.com%2fsearch%2fdb.aspx%3fdbid%3d1893 ...
http://interactive.ancestry.com/1893/31752_221143-02635?backurl=http%3a%2f%2fsearch.ancestry.com%2fsearch%2fdb.aspx%3fdbid%3d1893 ...
- 05 May 2016, 04:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Anthony Gallucci...no passenger list, no naturalization?
- Replies: 39
- Views: 19608
Re: Anthony Gallucci...no passenger list, no naturalization?
adelfio, thank you so much...the little italian i know seems to confirm that this is, indeed, my family!
- 03 May 2016, 05:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Anthony Gallucci...no passenger list, no naturalization?
- Replies: 39
- Views: 19608
Re: Anthony Gallucci...no passenger list, no naturalization?
Since 3 months have passed since I asked the following, I thought I'd repost since the thread took a bit of a detour...while pleasant, I'm still trying to uncover some additional clues about my ancestors...the trail has gone cold, so I need some help.
Re: Anthony Gallucci...no passenger list, no ...
Re: Anthony Gallucci...no passenger list, no ...
- 06 Feb 2016, 01:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Champ
- Replies: 19
- Views: 10734
Re: Champ
Hey brown eye girl, Anthony Gallucci was my great-great-grandfather! Look at my recent thread on where we are on tracking his family's down. My descendendts came through Anthony's first wife, Mary Baschetta (aka Bashett). Small world, eh? I included a link in that thread that goes back to our great ...