Search found 20 matches
- 24 Nov 2023, 16:43
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Great grand mother's madden name
- Replies: 8
- Views: 1682
Re: Great grand mother's madden name
Thanks again for the help. You are correct about loose ends I do know she had a brother Gaspar who was shot in NY. in 1920 and the death record shows another brother Francesco, and I know she had a sister that was a nun Sister Anna Marie but I do not know the order she was in. She came for a visit ...
- 14 Nov 2023, 14:26
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Great grand mother's madden name
- Replies: 8
- Views: 1682
Re: Great grand mother's madden name
Again I am sorry for taking so long to say thanks you. The information you found has been a big help. She must have had a brother also named Domenico as well as her father. I would still like to know when her father came to the US and what became of him.
Thanks again for your help
Tom
Thanks again for your help
Tom
- 25 Jan 2023, 16:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Great grand mother's madden name
- Replies: 8
- Views: 1682
Great grand mother's madden name
Sorry I have not been active for a while. Still working on my tree. Not making much headway. I am trying to find out what my great grand mother's madden name was. I know she was married to Domenico Carella and that her first name could have been Concetta. Other trees on Ancestry show her last name ...
- 22 Dec 2020, 14:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Grand Mother's Sister
- Replies: 1
- Views: 458
Grand Mother's Sister
I am trying to find information on my grand mother's sister. My grand mother was Francisca
Carella she was born in Palermo about 1897.I think her sister was born about 1899.there father was Domenico Carella, not sure about there mother.
All I know about her sister is that she was a Nun and her ...
Carella she was born in Palermo about 1897.I think her sister was born about 1899.there father was Domenico Carella, not sure about there mother.
All I know about her sister is that she was a Nun and her ...
- 17 Dec 2020, 13:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Grand mother's mother
- Replies: 4
- Views: 899
Grand mother's mother
I am trying to find out who my great grandmother was. My grand mother Francesca DiMaggio (madden name was Carella), Was born in 1897 I think in Palermo. She came to the US in 1916 or early 1917. Her father was already in the US but do not know when he came. I can find nothing on him. His name I know ...
- 11 Dec 2020, 03:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Grand parents sib.
- Replies: 16
- Views: 4151
Re: Grand parents sib.
Thanks again for your help
Tom P.
Tom P.
- 07 Dec 2020, 23:36
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Grand parents sib.
- Replies: 16
- Views: 4151
G Grand mother
I am trying find information on Giuseppa Gennaro. I know very little about her. I know she was married to Patrizio Piacenza in Castelvetrano. He was born in 1835 so she should been born about the same time.
1 when was she born?
2who were her parents?
3When was she married?
4 when did she Die ...
1 when was she born?
2who were her parents?
3When was she married?
4 when did she Die ...
- 07 Dec 2020, 15:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Palazzolo Family Relatives in Italy:
- Replies: 34
- Views: 20358
Re: Palazzolo Family Relatives in Italy:
Hi Maria,
I am not sure where she was born. I always thought she was bore in Castelvetrano. My grandmother's death record shows Vito and Anna as her mother and father.
I am not sure where she was born. I always thought she was bore in Castelvetrano. My grandmother's death record shows Vito and Anna as her mother and father.
- 05 Mar 2020, 03:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Carella
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1523
Re: Carella
Sorry it has taken me so long to say thank you all for all you have done.
If I am not asking to much I will return again with more questions later. But for now I am trying to find out when and were Domenico settled in the US. Ship records indicate he was already here when my grand mother (Francesca ...
If I am not asking to much I will return again with more questions later. But for now I am trying to find out when and were Domenico settled in the US. Ship records indicate he was already here when my grand mother (Francesca ...
- 20 Feb 2020, 20:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Carella
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1523
Carella
I am trying to find out about my Grand mother. Her name was Francesca Carella. She was born in Polarmo in about 1895 Came to the U S in Dec. of 1916. She married my grand father Rosario DiMaggio in New York in 1917. I know of a Sister who was a Nun. And I think she may have had a brother.Paolino ...
- 26 Dec 2019, 17:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Grand parents sib.
- Replies: 16
- Views: 4151
Re: Grand parents sib.
PS: is there any record of who took care of him. Was he adopted or raised in an orphanage?
Tom Pia.
Tom Pia.
- 26 Dec 2019, 17:14
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Grand parents sib.
- Replies: 16
- Views: 4151
Re: Grand parents sib.
As my g grandfather was a foundling is there any way to find out who his father and mother might have been?
Tom Pia.
Tom Pia.
- 26 Dec 2019, 17:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Grand parents sib.
- Replies: 16
- Views: 4151
Re: Grand parents sib.
Thanks to all for your help. In searching for siblings of my grandfather, you have come up with 3 brothers. One of which has the same name as my grandfather (Tommaso) who was born in 1875 .
The first Tommaso was born in 1866. Bernardo was born in 1864 and Gaspare was born in 1878. There seems to be ...
The first Tommaso was born in 1866. Bernardo was born in 1864 and Gaspare was born in 1878. There seems to be ...
- 07 Oct 2019, 14:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Grand parents sib.
- Replies: 16
- Views: 4151
Re: Grand parents sib.
Thanks Tessa.(Now more questions)
- 06 Oct 2019, 18:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Grand parents sib.
- Replies: 16
- Views: 4151
Re: Grand parents sib.
if a foundling and parents unknown, how does he come by his name (Piacenza)?