Search found 49 matches

by Petrarca
10 Aug 2006, 17:32
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Losing citiznship?
Replies: 1
Views: 2643

Losing citiznship?

Is it all right to gain citizenship with another country AFTER gaining Italian citizenship? I may move to Canada, and become a citizen there, but I don't want to take the risk of losing my Italian citizenship. (I am alredy a dual citizen of the US and Italy.) Thanks, Ron PS...I've written to the Ita...
by Petrarca
23 May 2006, 17:43
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: please translate into good italian
Replies: 2
Views: 5173

please translate into good italian

Hi, could someone who writes good Italian please translate this for me? Thanks... Hello, I am an Italian citizen with an Italian passport currently residing in the United States. However, I will be moving to Sweden in July. As a citizen of Italy, I am entitled to access to the Swedish health care sy...
by Petrarca
02 Mar 2006, 02:14
Topic: Italian e-mail
Replies: 4
Views: 6009

Re: Italian e-mail

Oh, thanks, INCIPTI!!! WOuld you be so kind as to translate a reply, too??? "Thank you very much Domenico... Could you do me a favor and ask the mayor or the officio di stato civile he was able to process my paperwork for citizenship? I need it in order to get an Italian passport. I am moving t...
by Petrarca
01 Mar 2006, 21:33
Topic: Italian e-mail
Replies: 4
Views: 6009

Italian e-mail

My Italian's far from perfect, so I'd really appreciate it if someone would translate this and tell me why he wants my photo?? :-) I'm not sure what a gemellagio is??? Is it sort of a twin city??? I mean what PRECISELY is he asking? ciao mi chiamo domenico ruzzo il figlio di armando (pancall? tu non...
by Petrarca
19 Feb 2006, 05:04
Topic: Citizenship Jure Sanguinis and discrepancies in records.
Replies: 9
Views: 8737

Re: Citizenship Jure Sanguinis and discrepancies in records.

You have to get the certificates amended so that the names are exactly the same on all documents. The Office Of Vital records does this (at least in RI.)

I had to get baptismila records, etc to do this...not sure what it's like in CA>
by Petrarca
15 Feb 2006, 23:08
Topic: More translation help for letter
Replies: 14
Views: 14018

More translation help for letter

Hello again...if anyone who speaks and write GOOD Italian could translate this, I'd be most appreciative!! :-) Dear Sir, As you may already know, I am from Warwick, Rhode Island and I am in the process of obtaining Italian citizenship. I have been informed by the consulate here in America that all m...
by Petrarca
11 Feb 2006, 01:30
Topic: Italian SSN and registration?
Views: 5047

Italian SSN and registration?

Hi, I was approved by the consulate in December, but I have yet to be officially registered in Italy. THe Consular officer told me two weeks ago that I could come down and get a passport anytime I like since I am now an Italian citizen, BUT he suggested I wait untill my records were recorded in the ...
by Petrarca
11 Feb 2006, 01:22
Topic: me-mother-grandmother-great-grandfather
Replies: 22
Views: 16024

Re: me-mother-grandmother-great-grandfather

nicedream....you do qualify! As long as your great-grandfather was still an Italian when your grandmother was born. Your situation is basically the same as mine, and I was approved by the consulate in December. HOWEVER, you MUST get the proof that your great-grandfather was an Italian citizen at the...
by Petrarca
21 Dec 2005, 16:49
Topic: Please help me translate letter
Views: 5853

Please help me translate letter

Hi, could someone who speaks Italian very well please translate this for me? Thank you!!!! Dear Sir, My name is Ron Petrarca, and I am an American living in Warwick, Rhode Island. My ancestors came from the town of Fornelli. I have recently completed an application for Italian citizenship at the Ita...
by Petrarca
11 Dec 2005, 03:51
Topic: passport
Views: 3020

passport

Is it possible to apply for a passport via mail directly to the "Questura" in Italy? Has anyone doen this from America? It's literally draining my bank account making all these trips back and forth to the nearest consulate to get my citizenship. Would like to be able to do something by mai...
by Petrarca
10 Nov 2005, 20:30
Topic: Application Fee
Views: 3132

Application Fee

I went to the Boston Consulate yesterday, and the officer there told me I still needed a few more documents! (Mother's statement she never renounced citizenship, some sort of proof of address besides my license, and death certificate)And that'd I'd have to come back to fill out the application once ...
by Petrarca
05 Nov 2005, 20:24
Topic: Change of name!!!!
Views: 6428

Change of name!!!!

My grandmother changed her name from Concetta to Etta. I have obtained an official change of name document from the court, but the state doesn't provide apostilles for such documents!!!! Has anyone else had this problem? Did the consulate make an issue of it? (Please, no "get a lawyer" res...
by Petrarca
03 Nov 2005, 21:42
Topic: me-mother-grandmother-great-grandfather
Replies: 22
Views: 16024

me-mother-grandmother-great-grandfather

Hi, Trying to get it from my great-grandfather via my maternal grandmother! Me -- 1975 (America) Mother -- 1955 (America) Grandmother -- 1915 (America) Great-grandfather -- 1887 (Italy) naturalized 1931 Has anyone gone this route? Experienced any problems? I have an appointment at the consulat enext...