Search found 25 matches

by Genquilts
16 Jun 2005, 05:31
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???
Replies: 97
Views: 89697

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Birth records would be located in the Los Angeles County records.

Temple City seem to have it's own school district. The high school there is Temple City High School: 9501 E. LEMON AVE., TEMPLE CITY CA 91780-1305 Phone number: 626-548-5113

Web site for the school district: http://www.melissadata ...
by Genquilts
25 May 2005, 20:46
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: D'URSO, DI GESI
Replies: 18
Views: 19849

Re: D'URSO, DI GESI

Thank you for posting these instructins! They will be very usefull when I feel ready to 'jump' the search to Italy! I will use them for sure!

I spent a couple of hours at the Family History Center yesterday. I was amazed at the amount of information they have here. It is very large, when compared ...
by Genquilts
25 May 2005, 20:02
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Carmella Della Castello
Replies: 23
Views: 31079

Re: Carmella Della Castello

I was unable to find Virgilio Sozio in either the 1920 or the 1930 census, so I thought I'd try Carmella. I found Carmella married to James in Bristol, PA (which I know from speaking to Peg is where the family should be in 1930)
James' occupation is Moulder in Foundry
James and Carmella were ...
by Genquilts
18 May 2005, 13:41
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: D'URSO, DI GESI
Replies: 18
Views: 19849

Re: Looking for a starting point

I am planning a trip to the Family History Library to see if I can find the information on Nicolo and Nunzia Durso. I think I am looking for the right Microfilm, but since this is the first time I have tried this, I would appreciate a little guidance!

I looked at the catalog on line, and found the ...
by Genquilts
12 Apr 2005, 08:33
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: D'URSO, DI GESI
Replies: 18
Views: 19849

Re: Looking for a starting point

This post has been copied from it's original site on the Italian Geneology Forum in order to keep everything together. Thanks again for all the help!

Essgee wrote:
How about telling us where Saverio was in the US? Did he remain here or go back to his wife in Italy? What were the names of the ...
by Genquilts
12 Apr 2005, 08:16
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: D'URSO, DI GESI
Replies: 18
Views: 19849

Re: Looking for a starting point

This family does get more and more interesting...

but please stick to this "thread"... I have been jumping from post to post...

:P mfjp[/quote]

Thank you so much for all the information you and sunj have found! I'm sorry I didn't see this post before I put another note on the Italian Geneology ...
by Genquilts
12 Apr 2005, 07:39
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Saverio D'Urso
Replies: 10
Views: 12226

Re: Looking for Saverio D'Urso

Hi Carol: an Saverio D'Urso from Toritto came in 1902, age 40... can be??? see please( the name is very mistaken, but from reading of ship's manifest really is Saverio D'Urso from Toritto):
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipmanifest.asp?MID=06831962910267055616&LNM=DIURSO&PLNM=DIURSO&RF=29&pID ...
by Genquilts
12 Apr 2005, 07:21
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Saverio D'Urso
Replies: 10
Views: 12226

Re: Looking for Saverio D'Urso

How about telling us where Saverio was in the US? Did he remain here or go back to his wife in Italy? What were the names of the children who arrived in 1909?

If we can find him in the census, we might be able to tell when he arrived. Did he go by a different name then Saverio? There are no ...
by Genquilts
12 Apr 2005, 06:59
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Saverio D'Urso
Replies: 10
Views: 12226

Re: Looking for Saverio D'Urso

DonnaPellegrin wrote:Have you ruled out the manifest for Stefano D'Urso who arrived from Toritto in 1905 at age 54 with his wife, Maria?
This is not the D'urso I am looking for. He came first, alone, two of his children came here to meet him, leaving Maria in Italy in 1909.
by Genquilts
08 Apr 2005, 07:31
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Saverio D'Urso
Replies: 10
Views: 12226

Looking for Saverio D'Urso

I am looking for information on Saverio D'Urso from Toritto, Bari. I have been unable to find his manifest in the Ellis Island Records.
I know he left his wife Maria Francesca DiGesi with at least three children in Italy.

I know he arrived before 1909 because I have found the manifest of his ...
by Genquilts
20 Mar 2005, 08:24
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Saverio, or Savier D'urso
Replies: 2
Views: 4699

Saverio, or Savier D'urso

I have been looking throught the Ellis Island records for Savier (Xavier) D'urso who imigrated to the US from Toritto, Bari sometime between 1900 and 1909. Thanks to the help of this forum I believe I have located two of his three children who left their mother Maria DiGesi in Toritto to join their ...
by Genquilts
13 Mar 2005, 22:50
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: D'URSO, DI GESI
Replies: 18
Views: 19849

Re: Looking for a starting point

My search has become more complicated!

A Nunzia D'urso (16 yr old) traveling with a Nicolo D'urso (12 yr old) has been found leaving mother Maria Di Gesi in Toritto, Italy to meet father Savier D'urso in New York in April, 1909. This sounds much more like the Nunzia I have been looking for, but I ...
by Genquilts
13 Mar 2005, 22:32
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Church in Toritto, Bari
Replies: 4
Views: 15888

Re: Church in Toritto, Bari

Thank you for your help! I found it
Carol
by Genquilts
08 Mar 2005, 07:55
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surname help please....Di Gieso
Replies: 11
Views: 9430

Re: Surname help please....Di Gieso

In speaking to my mother in law last night she informed me that her mother did have a younger sister Frances (Franscesca sp?) who died before Mom was born. She says she was named for this sister. I had thought she had died in Italy, but was told last night that in fact she died after coming to the ...
by Genquilts
08 Mar 2005, 07:46
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surname help please....Di Gieso
Replies: 11
Views: 9430

Re: Surname help please....Di Gieso

I receved this note when I posted a note to Ellis Island requesting clarification of the Nengia D'urso record. I followed the directions and I did find the 1st page of the manifest.

Good news! I may have found your ancestors. To view the manifest you go to www.jewishgen.org Scroll down to HOSTED ...