Search found 735 matches

by elba
25 Mar 2010, 17:38
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation for euros please
Replies: 6
Views: 5250

Re: Translation for euros please

>THIS< link should work. The stamp service is listed under 'Resources'... The Admin of the site run the stamp service and only charge for the stamps plus a really tiny contribution towards the PayPal charge which is how you would pay for the stamp(s) that you need... There certainly may be simpler ...
by elba
25 Mar 2010, 15:34
Topic: Translation for euros please
Views: 5250

Re: Translation for euros please

This is a reply I got from archives: Per averne copia dovrebbe inviare la somma di Euro 1,50 tramite vaglia postale internazionale o Bancoposta MoneyGram intestato a: Archivio di Stato, Piazza Abate Conforti,7 84121 Salerno e un francobollo di Euro 1,50 necessario per la spedizione mediante posta p...
by elba
25 Mar 2010, 10:08
Topic: HELP IDENTIFYING SIGNATURE
Replies: 4
Views: 4651

Re: HELP IDENTIFYING SIGNATURE

It could be Amey and this, though an unusual spelling, was in use in the past.

See >here<

This link also gives masculine names.....
by elba
18 Mar 2010, 09:55
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Applying for Italian citizenship?
Replies: 1
Views: 2492

Re: Applying for Italian citizenship?

It's a very long process and as good a place to start as any is here:

>Italian Consulate - Citizenship<
by elba
14 Mar 2010, 17:09
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: acquistapace geanology
Replies: 29
Views: 33063

Re: acquistapace geanology

See my post earlier on this thread. The name is typical of the Valtellina and some traces are found near Sondrio. The name is found at least back to 1700. But having said that, the Acquistapace family that I bought my house from had owned the land it was on since the early 1500's and had built a sta...
by elba
14 Mar 2010, 13:47
Topic: I think I hit a road block.......help
Replies: 4
Views: 3655

Re: I think I hit a road block.......help

The Italian Privacy Laws do not allow documentation to be released to 'non interested parties'. If you have a genealogist doing the work for you then they should present and ID document for you together with one of their own. For this reason any application for the release of certain classes of docu...
by elba
13 Mar 2010, 16:32
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for a good wine
Replies: 22
Views: 19286

Re: Looking for a good wine

A rather nice (sweet/dessert) wine is Lacryma Christi... a white (golden) wine. It is easily available in the USA (http://www.wine-searcher.com/find/lacryma+christi) but it is too sweet for many.

If you like Lambrusco you should like 'prosecco' too.
by elba
13 Mar 2010, 01:17
Topic: Jure sanguinis documents translation...
Replies: 8
Views: 7321

Re: Jure sanguinis documents translation...

I saw on their website its $40 to translate one page! Is that the going rate of all translators? Considering how many documents I would need it for, thats a hefty bill. Alicia No that is certainly not the 'going rate' for all translators. My charges are much less but I do not advertise in forums. I...
by elba
12 Mar 2010, 11:01
Topic: Can someone help me with translation from Italian?
Views: 5841

Re: Can someone help me with translation from Italian?

ha le radici in codesti loughi, precisamente in localita Molinda (palazzo rosso). "...it has its roots in these places, precisely in the place called Molinda (red palace). Could the name 'Melinda' be a 'typo' because there is no place named Molinda in Italy, and peter's sugestion that the word...
by elba
08 Mar 2010, 22:41
Topic: "sua leggittimo molie"
Replies: 11
Views: 7142

Re: "sua leggittimo molie"

Thank you Luca for explaining it 'as it was'!!!

I certainly didn't know that.
by elba
08 Mar 2010, 18:28
Topic: Italian Citizenship stops here
Replies: 20
Views: 11686

Re: Italian Citizenship stops here

Does anybody have any speculation as to why this could happen? Are we truly all at the mercy of whoever is sitting behind the desk at the consulate? It seems instead of the paperwork mattering its the person who your working with who decides if its going to happen or not. Alicia I fear that this is...
by elba
08 Mar 2010, 12:23
Topic: "sua leggittimo molie"
Replies: 11
Views: 7142

Re: "sua leggittimo molie"

For me it just depends on the individual (clerk) who is completing the registration. For some the words 'sua moglie' is sufficient because (probably) everyone in the village knew they were married... and another clerk was intent on declaring that they were 'really married' so he wrote "sua legg...
by elba
08 Mar 2010, 12:06
Topic: Italian Citizenship stops here
Replies: 20
Views: 11686

Re: Italian Citizenship stops here

This case begs the question 'Who decides who is eligible for citizenship'? In my mind the role of the consulate is being satisfied that all the relevant documentation is all in place and ready to send to Comune in Italy to make a decision to register you. This was clearly completed in this case and ...
by elba
28 Feb 2010, 15:03
Topic: Italian etiquette with surnames?
Replies: 2
Views: 3585

Re: Italian etiquette with surnames?

There's no mystery Alicia, just a different way we treat our married ladies. In the UK and North America (and other places) when a woman marries she takes her husband's family name - she is NOT obliged to - but it is custom and practice in our society. However in Italy the woman NEVER renounces her ...
by elba
24 Feb 2010, 22:39
Topic: Need help with a quick translation letter to the Consulate
Replies: 3
Views: 3643

Re: Need help with a quick translation letter to the Consula

I am going back and forth with the consulate to finish up a citizenship application. But, the content of this e-mail I need to write I feel is important enough to be in Italian. I have something but I know it's not good. Might there be someone who could help? :S Which email???? Did you forgot to po...