Search found 4315 matches

by Biff83
04 Aug 2020, 18:01
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italian Parish Records
Replies: 2
Views: 85

Italian Parish Records

Site with links to Italian records, civil and ecclesiastical. Just search by region.

https://www.italianparishrecords.org/home

Biff
by Biff83
28 Jul 2020, 17:38
Topic: Bongiovanni/Labarberia marriage
Views: 80

Re: Bongiovanni/Labarberia marriage

I could not find their marriage act either. Perhaps they married in 1819 the year before civil records started.

Biff
by Biff83
28 Jul 2020, 01:25
Topic: Birth Certificate for Francesco Muoio + Giacomina Santoro
Replies: 7
Views: 162

Re: Birth Certificate for Francesco Muoio + Giacomina Santoro

Biff, How were the links you gave me going to help to give me the information I need for Francesco Muoio? I was hoping to get his and two other men because I need to know if they are brothers or cousins because that makes a big difference in how I am related to the rest of the family I found. Thank...
by Biff83
27 Jul 2020, 18:54

Margaret,

You cannot find Francesco's information from your home computer because records for Mendicino are restricted. You must visit a Family History Center or Affiliate Library which has access to these restricted records.

I likewise do not have access to these records from home.

Biff
by Biff83
27 Jul 2020, 12:46

Giacomina Santoto's 1878 birth act; On 25 Feb 1878 in the town hall of Petina appeared Giuseppe Santoro, 49, a miller, residing in Petina, who stated that at 510 pm on the 23rd of February in a house at Via Montolivito?, #26, from his wife Filomena Pagano was born a female child he named Giacomina. ...
by Biff83
22 Jul 2020, 00:07
Topic: Important Message
Replies: 1
Views: 123

Important Message

I have it on the best authority that Familysearch may REMOVE restricted Italian records for access online at Family History Centers and Affiliate Libraries. The problem stems from some Affiliate libraries giving at home access to patrons and from people seeking access through LDS members who have sh...
by Biff83
15 Jul 2020, 03:18
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation of birth record for Antonio Natale
Replies: 1
Views: 66

Re: Translation of birth record for Antonio Natale

On 29 March 1832 in the town hall appeared Camillo Natale, 53, a farmer, who presented male child born from his wife Francesca Paola Natale, 30, on the 28th whom he named Antonio. Baptism on the 29th in the Church of San Donato. Note that the next record has another Natale birth and baptism for Anto...
by Biff83
04 Jul 2020, 01:42
Topic: Palermo records
Replies: 3
Views: 142

Palermo records

I am not sure if this has been posted before. Records compiled by Hugh Tornabene. Palermo births https://sites.google.com/site/palermobirthshub/home?fbclid=IwAR0CqN2OAz-NK_-mRnCCzqfHVQeFrPfnrxItUzfVyaQpsMoSsBSOdqBKbG4 Palermo marriages https://sites.google.com/site/palermomarriages2/home?fbclid=IwAR...
by Biff83
28 Jun 2020, 23:13
Topic: Italian Orphans/Adoptions
Views: 125

Re: Italian Orphans/Adoptions

Thanks, suanj. Much appreciated.

Biff
by Biff83
28 Jun 2020, 21:45
Topic: Italian Orphans/Adoptions
Views: 125

Italian Orphans/Adoptions

I've been helping someone referred by the local library and she raised a question for which I do not have an answer.
In the 1800s if a child became an orphan as an infant and was taken in by another family, would there have been any civil documents kept at the Stato Civile indicating this?

Biff
by Biff83
26 Jun 2020, 15:30
Topic: Birth act amendment help
Views: 94

Re: Birth act amendment help

Thanks for the help. Most appreciated.

Biff
by Biff83
26 Jun 2020, 12:47
Topic: Last name Resili
Views: 142

Re: Last name Resili

My guess and it's only a guess is that when brought to the convent he had a pale complexion, thus the "Albino" first name; and "Resili" which is short for resiliente for strong, tough, resilient. I might be completely off base but just my take.

Biff
by Biff83
26 Jun 2020, 12:20
Topic: Birth act amendment help
Views: 94

Birth act amendment help

On this record from 1900, the previous birth of Giuseppa Callipari, born in 1884 #18, is being amendng to show the mother as Maria Napoli and not Antonia Staltari. Since Giuseppa's father Bruno is now deceased, I don't see who made this claim. Can someone clarify. Thanks in advance, Biff http://dl.a...
by Biff83
24 Jun 2020, 22:45
Topic: Help with the translation of 1869 #177 birth record for Calegero Scime
Replies: 9
Views: 264

Re: Help with the translation of 1869 #177 birth record for Calegero Scime

The person who presented the child at the town hall on the 3rd was a mid wife, Giuseppa Giraneo? The child was born earlier on the 3rd to Calogera Falco Abramo, 20, daughter of Leonardo, and to her deceased husband Calogero Scime. Margin notes state wedding in Sep 1899 to Rosaria Tamburelli for the ...
by Biff83
20 Jun 2020, 17:26
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Words Indicating Location?
Replies: 11
Views: 349

Re: Words Indicating Location?

Another one to add to the mix here.

My paternal grandparents were Calabres'; my maternal grandparents were "Foo-jon" from the province of Foggia.