Search found 29 matches

by luvmynonnie
01 Nov 2010, 18:34
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Carole Bienati a.k.a ELBA 1941-2010
Replies: 20
Views: 18915

Re: Carole Bienati a.k.a ELBA 1941-2010

oh, i am truly sorry to hear this sad news. have not been here in ages due to health reasons. prayers and blessings to her family.
hugs, nuccia
lib
by luvmynonnie
22 Jan 2010, 19:52
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Ship's manifest, Italy -> Canada
Replies: 6
Views: 5743

Re: Ship's manifest, Italy -> Canada

LOL, first time I tried to help someone and you guys beat me to it! You all are the absolute best!
Glad the manifest was found :D I don't know how to post what I found anyway :oops:
Lib
by luvmynonnie
16 Dec 2009, 01:26
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Please assist with translation
Replies: 6
Views: 6878

Re: Please assist with translation

Roberto, I really appreciate that you took the time to translate for me!
You were so quick to help me and that in itself calmed me down, LOL! I was and am thrilled to finally learn the names of my great grandparents!
Thanks to you and Livio, my heart is filled with happiness :)
Lib
by luvmynonnie
15 Dec 2009, 15:34
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Please assist with translation
Replies: 6
Views: 6878

Re: Please assist with translation

Thank you, Livio. Yes, she was four yrs older than my grandfather :D
I am still on cloud nine learning this new info. WOW..I know my great grandparents names! I cannot wait to share this info with my mother as she never knew her grandparents and could not remember details concerning their names ...
by luvmynonnie
15 Dec 2009, 01:14
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Please assist with translation
Replies: 6
Views: 6878

Re: Please assist with translation

I thank you more than words can convey.
Lib
by luvmynonnie
15 Dec 2009, 00:41
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Please assist with translation
Replies: 6
Views: 6878

Please assist with translation

I am so excited that I can barely type...a few weeks ago I sent for the my grandparents marriage info and my grandmother's birth certificate from Casacanditella. I used the forms from the Angelfire website.

Today I received a *typed* response. Would someone kindly translate for me?

Estratto per ...
by luvmynonnie
19 Nov 2009, 17:07
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Correct address for Casacanditella?
Replies: 4
Views: 6799

Re: Correct address for Casacanditella?

Vj, you are an angel and thank you so much.
Lib
by luvmynonnie
19 Nov 2009, 16:50
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Correct address for Casacanditella?
Replies: 4
Views: 6799

Correct address for Casacanditella?

Hello everyone :)
I am going to send for my grandmother's birth certificate. From everything I can gather, she was born in Casacanditella, province of Chieti. Is this the correct address that I would send my query:

Comune di Casacanditella
Via Marrucina 43
66010 Casacanditella CH

If this is ...
by luvmynonnie
03 Nov 2007, 02:42
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Thank you, VJ/also update
Replies: 8
Views: 8188

Re: Thank you, VJ/also update

Oh my GOSH, Valarie!
I never saw the Anie Ricca on the same census...I am *almost* speechless, LOL.
I do think she is the same Anna Governale on the manifest...I absolutely am becoming addicted to Genealogy. Don't know who the Antonio was that she traveled with.
I do know for sure that Anna Ricca ...
by luvmynonnie
03 Nov 2007, 02:02
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Thank you, VJ/also update
Replies: 8
Views: 8188

Re: Thank you, VJ/also update

Valarie,
Just now saw this, thanks to Biff :D
Wow, I will go check this out...you are one terrific lady and I thank you for taking the time to look.
Lib
by luvmynonnie
01 Nov 2007, 23:07
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Armeno, Palermo
Replies: 3
Views: 4892

Re: Armeno, Palermo

Hi :)
Not sure if this will help but *Alimena* is a comune in the province of Palermo...may be worth a try...maybe the spelling was off?
Good luck
Lib
by luvmynonnie
26 Oct 2007, 19:26
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Thank you, VJ/also update
Replies: 8
Views: 8188

Thank you, VJ/also update

Pertains to paternal side of my family and the surnames: Bosco and Ricca.

A heartfelt thank you, VJ...a while back I posted that I needed some opinions reading a name on a ship's manifest and you looked at it for me and thought it said *Ricca*

You also said that both Bosco and Ricca surnames ...
by luvmynonnie
05 Oct 2007, 15:41
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: What do Italians eat for breakfast?
Replies: 30
Views: 47407

Re: What do Italians eat for breakfast?

Hi Peggy!
This entire thread is making me hungry! I remember potatoes and peppers and as far as the peppers...the *hotter* the better :wink:
My gramma used to call it *spoongene* Not the correct spelling but that's what it sounded like to my ears.
Also frittata but my dad's side called it something ...
by luvmynonnie
13 Sep 2007, 20:50
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Falletti Family
Replies: 58
Views: 135397

Re: Falletti Family

I had tears in my eyes reading all of this...gosh, how wonderful for all of you!
Lib
by luvmynonnie
02 Sep 2007, 14:32
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Just Received A Death Certificate
Replies: 7
Views: 7080

Re: Just Received A Death Certificate

:D I am excited for you, Natalie! I was jumping for joy when I found out my great grandmother's maiden name...more pieces of the puzzle!
Happy researching :D
Lib