Search found 114 matches

by gemellua
29 Oct 2017, 02:51
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Help locating person - William Torreggiani
Replies: 26
Views: 546

Re: Help locating person - William Torreggiani

Thank you Tessa! I just found Louis and Fannie's daughter Lucy's (Elizabeth) 1928 wedding announcement, Yonkers, NY. Will request her birth record from Yonkers. Need 1902 Alfredo Berardi from Tagliacozzo, Italy.
by gemellua
29 Oct 2017, 02:27

Have confirmed the ship manifest I found above is the Louis Vassari I am looking for. Found his obit (born about 1880) and that of his wife Filomena (Fannie) Greco. Her obit states that she was also born in Trivento about 1883. Would like to see their vital records and their marriage record.Ship man...
by gemellua
29 Oct 2017, 01:08

Tried searching for the family on Ellis Island site using various spellings. Came up with a Luigi Vasari arriving in 1906 from Trivento, Italy. Ancestry has a Louis and Filomena/Fanny Vassari/Vasara in Yonkers, NY 1915 - 1930. Can't view the census since I am not a member.
by gemellua
28 Oct 2017, 23:59

Thanks Biff! This is a start. Hopefully I can find more on the Vassari family.
by gemellua
27 Oct 2017, 16:51

Once again I need your expertise. It's regarding William Torreggiani's wife Florence's family. From William's obit that you provided, they married in Yonkers, NY 1960. I was informed Florence was born in the USA. Her father was Alfredo Berardi. He was born about 1902 in Tagliacozzo, Italy. I found t...
by gemellua
23 Oct 2017, 01:40

Many thanks to you all - Tessa, Biff, & Erudita!!
by gemellua
21 Oct 2017, 03:35

Thank you so much for the speedy reply Tessa! Yes, I meant Luigi. Now to find out Luigi's wife Frances' surname. Their grandchild may need to request her death certificate.
by gemellua
21 Oct 2017, 02:22

Help locating person - William Torreggiani

I am trying to find out where William Torreggiani was born.(This information is for his granddaughter.) I was able to look at the 1940 NY Census for Yonkers, NY. William and his wife Frances state they both were born in Italy in 1904. I cannot find him arriving at Ellis Island.

Thank you
by gemellua
26 Jun 2017, 01:59
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation needed-Docmentation of Baptism
Replies: 2
Views: 222

Re: Translation needed-Docmentation of Baptism

Thank you Tessa. This isn't information regarding my grandmother - it's my cousin.
by gemellua
25 Jun 2017, 02:02
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation needed-Docmentation of Baptism
Views: 222

Translation needed-Docmentation of Baptism

While reading the 1906 birth records of my family's hometown, I came upon recordings at the end of the book mentioning my grandmother and two siblings. This was the first time the family returned to Sicily since my grandmother's birth in 1899. She (Anna Randazzo) came to the USA at age 1 month. I ca...
by gemellua
18 May 2016, 23:15
Topic: Nicknames
Replies: 4
Views: 868

Re: Nicknames

In my family Pino is the nickname for Giuseppe (Joseph) and Nina is the nickname for Antonina
by gemellua
03 Mar 2016, 19:48
Topic: Help with ship manifest
Views: 527

Re: Help with ship manifest

Thank you Biff and Marty!!
by gemellua
03 Mar 2016, 19:16
Topic: Help with ship manifest
Views: 527

Help with ship manifest

Years ago someone sent me the ship manifest below. I would like to see if there is a second page to this manifest, however, I can't even find this page on the Ellis Island website. I'm interested in line 17. I trying make out the people below and the town which # 17 is from. Looks like she is travel...
by gemellua
07 Oct 2015, 06:17
Topic: Italian Immigrants and Baptisms in America
Views: 686

Re: Italian Immigrants and Baptisms in America

In my family the children were baptized within 2 months of their birth. Most of us have continued with this practice. I have the baptismal records (1901-1920) for my relatives which were handed down to me. For the first child, the godparents chosen is based on who the parents chose as their best man...