Search found 43 matches

by Veronesi-Guardini
30 Jun 2017, 17:52
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Exact location of Poia
Replies: 9
Views: 15647

Re: Exact location of Poia

Hi Paul You are very lucky that I saw your private message! I havent checked this site in a very long time so I am glad I havent kept you waiting too long for a reply. I tried to reply but it seems to be stuck in the Outbox. If you (or anyone else with an interest in the area) want to contact me the...
by Veronesi-Guardini
12 Sep 2010, 12:23
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Davia
Replies: 4
Views: 4024

Re: Davia

Hello! I dont know if you are still interested in this, but I might be able to help My great grandmother was Berta De Silvestro. She was the daughter of Francisco De Silvestro and Julia Obrelli. Our De Silvestro family came from Mazzin (or there abouts) Looking at some records, there are records for...
by Veronesi-Guardini
12 Sep 2010, 11:58
Topic: Carole Bienati a.k.a ELBA 1941-2010
Replies: 20
Views: 15911

Re: Carole Bienati a.k.a ELBA 1941-2010

I also am sorry to hear of Elba's passing. She had helped me and so many countless others on the site...She will be deeply missed. Prayers being lifted for her and her family. I second that very strongly! She was always willing to help me and others. This is a great shock to hear of her passing. I ...
by Veronesi-Guardini
12 Sep 2010, 00:23
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Exact location of Poia
Replies: 9
Views: 15647

Re: Exact location of Poia

With the name Bassetti, you are almost certainly looking at Poia-Godenza, Trentino http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=poia&countryCode=IT#map=46.0301,10.88161|14|4&bd=useful_information&loc=IT:46.03007:10.88154:14|poia|Poia,%20Lomaso I have strong links with this area, and I have Bassetti'...
by Veronesi-Guardini
12 Sep 2010, 00:18
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Pazi family/Tyrol
Replies: 10
Views: 7782

Re: Pazi family/Tyrol

I have a lot of family from Lundo and there abouts. The most common names are Giovanelli, Bottesi, Pedrini, Bassetti, Bonavida, Rigotti, Sansoni, Trentini (to name the major ones)

Any of these names appear?
by Veronesi-Guardini
12 Sep 2010, 00:14
Topic: Birth Records Trentino
Replies: 1
Views: 1903

Re: Birth Records Trentino

Looks like this has already been posted :-(

Still, worth all the publicity it can get I think!
by Veronesi-Guardini
12 Sep 2010, 00:06
Topic: Looking for Battel family, from Mazzin or Fontanazzo, Trento
Replies: 5
Views: 3773

Re: Looking for Battel family, from Mazzin or Fontanazzo, Tr

I have a family connection with Mazzin

The name is De Silvestro. They still live there now, and have done for at least 120 years, probably more!

Using the site above, I found the names Sommavilla and Luchet in that area

If you come across any of these names, I would love to hear about it!
by Veronesi-Guardini
11 Sep 2010, 23:59
Topic: Birth Records Trentino
Replies: 1
Views: 1903

Birth Records Trentino

Hey guys Was sent this link by a friend in Italy (who we found to be a 3rd cousin) It has a huge collection of birth records covering the churches of Trentino from 1815-1923 They estimate about 1.28million records to be on the site! http://www.natitrentino.mondotrentino.net/ This site is a must for ...
by Veronesi-Guardini
04 Jul 2010, 22:47
Topic: Genovese
Replies: 10
Views: 5923

Re: Genovese

Hi STB I have found that (Diego) died in 1912 aged 69, which puts his birth at around 1843 as you said. His wife died 3 years earlier aged 61 As for Pasquale, I have a possible record. It is of a Pasquale Gevonese marrying a Francesca Bricandi in 1822 in Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto, Sicily. It gives a...
by Veronesi-Guardini
19 Feb 2010, 17:05
Topic: Best way to keep track of family tree?
Replies: 37
Views: 22623

Re: Best way to keep track of family tree?

Im running Family Tree Maker 2008. I tried 2010, but I prefered the simple, effective, no-nonsense layout of 2008

I would definately recommend it to anyone doing a tree!
by Veronesi-Guardini
09 Nov 2009, 22:14
Topic: Family trees
Views: 4653

Re: Family trees

If you post some name, places and dates, maybe someone on here can help you!
by Veronesi-Guardini
09 Nov 2009, 00:43
Topic: Family trees
Views: 4653

Re: Family trees

Your best bet is to get out a pencil and some paper and sketch out everything you know Then, ask any family members you can about anything they might know. This is one of the best ways to make tracks into discovering names, places, dates etc. Once you have that, you can begin to search the internet ...
by Veronesi-Guardini
09 Nov 2009, 00:32
Topic: Gambardella
Replies: 17
Views: 15449

Re: Gambardella

Its funny you should mention Naples as his last place of sighting I am currently looking into a family tree for a friend of mine (surname Brandi) Her great-grandmother was a Gambardella, and her family were all from around Naples and Amalfi Perhaps there was a family connection that brought him there?
by Veronesi-Guardini
02 Oct 2009, 10:29
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Last Testament
Views: 5308

Re: Last Testament

Thank you so much - I appreciate that your other work takes priority
by Veronesi-Guardini
01 Oct 2009, 23:26
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Last Testament
Views: 5308

Last Testament

I wonder if someone would be kind enough to translate this into English for me I believe it to be the Last Testament of my Great-Great-Grandfather Luigi Veronesi-Guardini. He died in 1907 Any feedback would be much appreciated :) http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/853/luigitestament1.jpg http://img41....