Search found 13869 matches

by Tessa78
Today, 05:39
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searching for Rosario Mirarchi, Isca Sullo Ionio
Replies: 10
Views: 245

Re: Searching for Rosario Mirarchi, Isca Sullo Ionio

Responded at your other post regarding San Giovanni in Fiore.

T.
by Tessa78
Today, 05:37
Topic: Audia family from San Giovanni in Fiore
Replies: 1
Views: 20

Re: Audia family from San Giovanni in Fiore

Records for San Giovanni in Fiore, Cosenza (1810-1910) are available to view but only while viewing at a Family History Center or affiliated library.

https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library

T.
by Tessa78
Yesterday, 14:58
Topic: Grossi family from Ponte a Moriano
Views: 21

Re: Grossi family from Ponte a Moriano

Do you have some additional details? Approximate years of birth, death, marriage?

Ponte a Moriano is a frazione (hamlet) of the Comune of Lucca. You should be able to search in the civil registrations in Lucca.

T.
by Tessa78
Yesterday, 14:38
Topic: Help with Birth Records from Soveria Mannelli, CZ
Replies: 2
Views: 53

Re: Help with Birth Records from Soveria Mannelli, CZ

Here is a possible arrival for Rosario in 1914. He lists his place of birth as Soveria Mannelli . He is leaving his father, Michele, in Soveria Mannelli. Rosario is traveling with his brother-in-law Giuseppe Caligiuri, who is leaving his wife, Camella Caligiuri, in Soveria Mannelli. Both are traveli...
by Tessa78
21 Sep 2018, 04:33
Topic: Michele Cervellini 1836-?
Replies: 5
Views: 92

Re: Michele Cervellini 1836-?

Unfortunately, I did not find an allegati of marriage in 1886. It is possible that they were married in another town, or the record is in the missing years. Marriages usually took place in the hometown of the bride. Today the surname D`Esustacchio is found in small numbers in the town of Notaresco, ...
by Tessa78
19 Sep 2018, 21:52
Topic: Diodato
Replies: 4
Views: 93

Re: Diodato

Is this your GGF Luigi Diodato arriving 1911 from Naples?
He is listed as single, leaving father Gennaro in Naples; going to cousin Pasquale Pesce in Brooklyn (Driggs Ave.)

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1368704

T.
by Tessa78
19 Sep 2018, 20:50

I have checked the marriage allegati for a second marriage for Michele Cervellini. It is possible that Michele's first wife died in childbirth or soon after the birth of Domenico. In any case, with young children Michele would most likely have married again somewhat quickly. I have checked the alleg...
by Tessa78
19 Sep 2018, 19:01

The online records for Colonnella are limited... and you probably already have this... Here is the allegati folder for the marriage of Michele Cervellini and Maria Domenica Catocchia in 1866. In it you will find: ~Extract of the birth act of Michele Cervellini (son of Pietro Cervellini and Vittoria ...
by Tessa78
18 Sep 2018, 16:20
Topic: Pedicone
Views: 75

Re: Pedicone

If Gioacchino applied for Social Security, you can request (for a fee) his Social Security application (SS-5) which should have the names of his parents and his place of birth. Online order at this link https://secure.ssa.gov/apps9/eFOIA-FEWeb/internet/main.jsp NOTE: I located his SS# - and I sent y...
by Tessa78
18 Sep 2018, 05:21

Thanks T. That's what I've found so far as well. So you think that Pruz is Abruzzo...Great. I think it could certainly be what a clerk thinks he hears when listening to a native Italian speaker say Abruzzo. :D Here is a link to online records, but many years are missing. https://www.familysearch.or...
by Tessa78
18 Sep 2018, 01:07

If this WWII registration card is your GGF - Gioacchino Pedicone... It states that he was born in "Pruz" - my guess is that it is Abruzzo - because as you mentioned, he listed his last place of residence on his arrival as Bellante. Bellante is Comune of the Province of Teramo in the Abruzzo REgion. ...
by Tessa78
17 Sep 2018, 14:44
Topic: Gaetano Oddo
Replies: 10
Views: 162

Re: Gaetano Oddo

Biff, Not sure if you have this Piggy-backing on Marty's :D find... Here is the request to publish banns of marriage for Gaetano's parents: Mariano Oddo and Rosalia Quagliana #20 Daed 2 May 1885 in Caltavuturo Mariano Oddo, 21, laborer, residing in Caltavuturo; son of Gaetano, 63, (wallbuilder?), re...
by Tessa78
15 Sep 2018, 22:16
Topic: searching for relatives of antonio mattioli
Views: 34

Re: searching for relatives of antonio mattioli

There are 3 listings for Mattioli in the Italian Phone Book (landlines) in Montemonaco. Perhaps one or more of them is a descendant of the brother Giuseppe. You can write to these potential relatives... Help with letters in Italian. http://geocities.ws/paulanigro/italian-genealogy-online/saviello_it...
by Tessa78
15 Sep 2018, 22:07
Topic: Help reading address of Grandfather's Birth
Replies: 3
Views: 62

Re: Help reading address of Grandfather's Birth

I believe it reads "Cascina Volpano #22"
Cascina is a farmstead, so this is probably a rural address.

On google maps, this address appears:
Cascina Valpane 10, 15039 Ozzano Monferrato AL, Italy

T.
by Tessa78
15 Sep 2018, 19:51
Topic: Really tough
Replies: 32
Views: 451

Re: Really tough

Rachele http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Bari/Stato+civile+italiano/Valenzano/Nati/1883/005620554_00202.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=0 Birth on 2 September 1883, and presented on the same day. Fiore Anna donna di casa, moglie di Labellarte Michele di Giuseppe, contadino...