Search found 50 matches

by MST995
17 Jan 2012, 03:19
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Received my letter...
Replies: 3
Views: 1364

Re: Received my letter...

NYC Consulate... My appointment was last April, there were no additional requests of me after the appointment, just waited and got the letter last week.
by MST995
14 Jan 2012, 01:45
Topic: Received my letter...
Views: 1364

Received my letter...

That's it... I'm finally done! Today I received a letter from the consulate saying that they forwarded my info to Italy and I can come in to get a passport. Thanks to everyone in the forum that helped along the way... especially Carmine and Mler... you guys are the best!
by MST995
06 Oct 2011, 16:02
Topic: Still waiting for nyc
Replies: 1
Views: 779

Re: Still waiting for nyc

I haven't made any follow up appointments, because as far as I know, it wasn't required for me; but I will say that I have been waiting for recognition since my appointment in April... but I'm not particularly concerned. Do you have a sense of urgency for your citizenship? e.g. visa expiring or some...
by MST995
13 May 2011, 19:07
Topic: Not sure if Ill be ready for my appt in a month!!
Replies: 17
Views: 4384

Re: Not sure if Ill be ready for my appt in a month!!

Personally I had a great experience with vital chek, my appointment was exactly 1 week away and I still needed my parents marriage certificate, so I placed the order and upgraded to express delivery and I had the certificate in my hands 4 days later, just in time to apostille and go to the consulate...
by MST995
05 May 2011, 15:31
Topic: Middle name, Sr - Jr question
Replies: 2
Views: 798

Re: Middle name, Sr - Jr question

I'm a junior and I had no problems in NYC, however, I'm using my mother's line, so my father's name is irrelevant to the Italian consulate.
by MST995
14 Apr 2011, 15:36
Topic: Will we have to pay taxes to Italy
Replies: 5
Views: 3042

Re: Will we have to pay taxes to Italy

Now if I ever move do move to Italy, I just have to make sure I make under $91,000. Don't think I have to worry too much about that!!! :lol: :lol: Just to clarify.... even if you make more than $91,000.... it really doesn't matter; you will receive a tax credit for the Italian taxes you pay on your...
by MST995
14 Apr 2011, 15:21
Topic: several naturalization documents, which do I need for NY?
Views: 1001

Re: several naturalization documents, which do I need for NY

rgaetano, I bought with me all of the documents you have, only the oath of allegience from the county clerk was able to be certified though. My advice is to just ask the county clerk to certify anything that they are legally allowed to certify and bring everything you have with you... I really don't...
by MST995
09 Apr 2011, 23:52
Topic: Appointment Recap-NYC
Replies: 11
Views: 2776

Re: Appointment Recap-NYC

If this is easier: GGF-Italian Birth Certificate (hard copy from Italy) GGM-Italian Birth Certificate (hard copy from Italy) GGF-Naturalization Paperwork- From USCIS & County Clerk American Docs: 10 total GGF-GGM-Marriage -Certified-Long Form, Apostille, Translated GGF-Death-Certified-Long Form,...
by MST995
09 Apr 2011, 23:47

No email copies will suffice for any of the documents, they need to be hard copies. The ones I received also had the seal of the Italian village on them. The naturalization docs that you get from the USCIS will not be certified... I would recommend going to the county clerk where your ancestor natur...
by MST995
08 Apr 2011, 22:11

And to answer your question about the naturalization docs, I had the letter from the USCIS along with the copy of the naturalization record and petition for naturalization that they sent me. I also requested a copy from the county clerk... the county clerk was not able to certify the petition for na...
by MST995
08 Apr 2011, 22:07

She did collect all documents, including non bloodline. I had apostilles and translations for everything. At the recommendation of people from this forum, I got the translations from Gabriella Einaga("gabriella_einaga @ att.net")... she was very attentive, thorough and accommodating. I pro...
by MST995
08 Apr 2011, 21:03

Appointment Recap-NYC

Hello again, My appointment was on Tuesday at the NY consulate (69th and Park). After reading some horror stories I went in prepared for the worst; I was prepared to have a pompous, rude individual on a power trip rip apart my application, piece by piece; however, to my delight, I was pleasantly sur...
by MST995
31 Mar 2011, 16:55
Topic: NY consulate Appointment Next week
Replies: 9
Views: 2114

Re: NY consulate Appointment Next week

@Rgaetano- I assume you could get NYS documents apostilled at either, I'm certain you can get NYS docs apostilled in NYC because I just had 9 of them done, all NYS. As far as the 6 month rule, the date on my certifications is July 27, 2010... so it has been more than 6 months and I was still able to...
by MST995
30 Mar 2011, 17:19

Hey, thanks guys! Rgaetano, yes they were married in NY outside the five boroughs... thanks for the details on the process! I'm hoping that they'll let it slide, but if not, at least all is not lost. Thanks a bunch! Also if anyone on the forum is wondering about the process for getting the Apostille...
by MST995
29 Mar 2011, 19:28

That puts me at ease a bit, yes it is exactly 1 year to the day.... and I believe that is my only discrepency, and just to be clear, no apostille or translation is necessary for the naturalization records.... correct? Thanks for the quick response and all of your help along the way, Carmine. I'll re...