Search found 75 matches

by ericderrico
13 Jun 2012, 09:47
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Via Maddonella Carpino Italia
Replies: 5
Views: 1246

Re: Via Maddonella Carpino Italia

Thank you trattino, I've asked to join the group and look forward to the discussion
by ericderrico
12 Jun 2012, 00:29

Re: Via Maddonella Carpino Italia

yeah that's the street, I've seen it on Google Maps. I am interested to know if there would be any record of tenancies you could look into to find out who was living on that street around the time of my GGF's birth in 1891.
by ericderrico
11 Jun 2012, 17:24

Via Maddonella Carpino Italia

After researching my GGF's birth record from Italy he was listed without a named father or mother. However his birth location was stated as Via Maddonella in Carpino Italy. My interested is in knowing whether there would be some kind of tenancy record I could look into? His birth was in 1891, so it ...
by ericderrico
11 Jun 2012, 17:13
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Pasquale Svelto Birth Registration
Replies: 4
Views: 437

Re: Pasquale Svelto Birth Registration

thanks for that Marty. My Italian isn't as bad as I thought then as that was what I was thinking it was saying but wasn't too sure.

Now I just need to find the Christening record to see if that proves any help in who his parents were!
by ericderrico
10 Jun 2012, 15:56
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Pasquale Svelto Birth Registration
Replies: 4
Views: 437

Pasquale Svelto Birth Registration

Hi all, I need help translating this document. What little Italian I know only goes so far when it comes to handwriting. http://derricogenealogy.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/scan-120610-0001.jpg?w=640 http://derricogenealogy.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/scan-120610-0003.jpg?w=640 http://derricogenealo...
by ericderrico
21 May 2012, 22:00
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Documentation Requirements for Ancestor with Name Change
Replies: 18
Views: 3756

Re: Documentation Requirements for Ancestor with Name Change

I have the manifest of Pasquale Svelto. In it he lists his nearest living relative in Italy as his aunt with the same surname as his supposed mother (D'Avolio). It may not be slam dunk evidence but I would certainly assume it acts as supporting evidence along with other items. Really, I'm interested...
by ericderrico
21 May 2012, 18:22

I have the actual naturalization certificate with a seal. It's quite old even as it was the one given to him when he was naturalized in 1944. I've thought of getting a copy to give to the consulate so they don't have my older one since it's a nice thing to have. Are you saying in addition to my natu...
by ericderrico
21 May 2012, 12:49

Thanks mler, Just to clarify, do I need a separate document other than the naturalization record that states he renounces his Italian citizenship? Also, I have records showing my Great Grandmother who was born in the USA, had to reinstate her US citizenship as a result of marrying an Italian citizen...
by ericderrico
21 May 2012, 08:41

Well this is where things seem a bit tricky. I received his birth certificate (via email) from the consulate and it does not list anyone as his parents. This form is different from the ones you find on the LDS microfilms and I'm waiting the birth records microfilm to see if they contain more informa...
by ericderrico
20 May 2012, 20:09

Thanks JJ313. While I could see them inquiring why he changed his name it seems those kinds of things may even be confidential to some people and unlikely to have much documentation in the way of reasoning. That being said, I'll make sure to have enough documents showing clearly they're the same per...
by ericderrico
20 May 2012, 19:27

I'm not certain of the exact story, but my GGF's birth was a bit taboo in the family and so his supposed parents may not have been his actual biological parents. However, he was raised by his supposed parents as a son and even went by their surname (D'Errico). So jennabet, are you saying I need to f...
by ericderrico
20 May 2012, 15:37

Documentation Requirements for Ancestor with Name Change

I'm assembling all my documentation in order to apply for the Italian Citizenship. My Great Grandfather is my link to Italy and I have his naturalization and birth certificate. Problem is, he changed his name because apparently he wasn't actually born Pasquale D'Errico but Pasquale Svelto. His birth...
by ericderrico
16 May 2012, 23:19
Topic: Birth Certificate
Replies: 6
Views: 1490

Re: Birth Certificate

Hi Eric- I want to send off for my GGF's birth certificate as well from Italy. May I ask a few questions? First, how did you find the address of where to send your request? (my GGF was born in Naples) Also, did you include any money in your request for copies? If so, did you send it in euros? Also,...
by ericderrico
16 May 2012, 15:31
Topic: Birth Certificate
Replies: 6
Views: 1490

Re: Birth Certificate

thanks JJ313 I'll do that