by rjrdomer
14 May 2011, 03:22
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translations of Italian documents
Replies: 10
Views: 2456

Re: Translations of Italian documents

Marty,

Thanks for your help. In regard to Maria Cusenza, I believe I pulled the record off an 1882 book. Also her mother was Antonina Lamanna. Thanks for the rest though.

In regard to the prior death certificate for Maria Rotolo, can you did her age when she died? Thank you

Rob
by rjrdomer
13 May 2011, 17:34

Marty,

I was thinking 28 May 1919 too but cannot quite tell, but I was basing it off the partial record below. What do you think? It's a little clearer there.

Also, could you figure out Giuseppe's age at death? Thanks.

Rob
by rjrdomer
13 May 2011, 16:28

Thank you very much for that. I was unsure of his occupation, but to me it looks like carpenter as well. I look forward to further translations from all of you great volunteers.
by rjrdomer
13 May 2011, 13:31

Translations of Italian documents

I was able to pull these documents from the LDS from Santa Margherita, Sicily. I can make out most of it but I am unclear on certain details. Would someone be able to translate these? They are the birth certificates of my g-g grandparents and then the death certificates of who I believe to be are Bi...
by rjrdomer
09 Apr 2011, 18:00
Topic: Death certificate translation
Replies: 7
Views: 1483

Re: Death certificate translation

Thanks so much for your help! Unfortunately none of these ages match up to a relative of mine. I'm awaiting more films from the LDS family history library, so hopefully they will lead to something else. Thank you again, you are a bunch of great people.
by rjrdomer
09 Apr 2011, 16:20

Re: Death certificate translation

Ok I finally got the image sharing site to cooperate with my computer. I had to use a Mac.... Can anyone help me translate these? These may be my relatives, not quite sure. It depends on the dates/ages/family members listed on the certificates. Also if they discuss a cause of death, that would be ve...
by rjrdomer
08 Apr 2011, 21:34

Death certificate translation

Hello all. I have 4 death certificates from Santa Margherita di Belice from the 1880s-1900s that I need help translating. I can decipher most of it but I am having some uncertainties about dates, ages, and other names on the certificates. I have the 4 files saved from the LDS Family Center as PDF fi...
by rjrdomer
26 Mar 2011, 10:36
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Anagrafe
Replies: 5
Views: 1964

Re: Anagrafe

Your post was very clear. Thank you. I just wanted to see if anyone had experience with the anagrafe offices too.
by rjrdomer
25 Mar 2011, 18:35
Topic: Anagrafe
Replies: 5
Views: 1964

Anagrafe

Hello. Does anyone have any experience with an anagrafe office in Italy? What do they provide and when does it make sense to contact them versus the civil records office? I requested some documents on my g-g grandfather, Cono Russo, from his commune in italy and they responded with a few of the docu...
by rjrdomer
25 Mar 2011, 11:10
Topic: Help with email translation
Replies: 1
Views: 1076

Help with email translation

I wrote a letter to the civil records office in Teggiano, Italy looking for a few documents. Would someone be able to translate this response? I'm mostly looking to understand what the last paragraph says. From the first it appears to me that he's sending me 3 documents but I can't quite make out wh...
by rjrdomer
08 Feb 2011, 15:30
Topic: Translation of an email from civil records office
Replies: 2
Views: 1568

Re: Translation of an email from civil records office

Thank you. I mailed a letter to them in January and received an email response. I assume I can reply via email and continue that way. It is obvious that they are busy in their office with these types of requests. How do I respond and say the following,? I am, in fact, seeking much information from t...
by rjrdomer
08 Feb 2011, 12:40
Topic: Translation of an email from civil records office
Replies: 2
Views: 1568

Translation of an email from civil records office

Hello. Below is a copy of an email I recently received from the civil records office in the town of Teggiano, Italy. I wrote to obtain copies of birth certificates of two of my great-uncles to see if they were born in Italy or the US. Would someone be able to translate this for me? My uncles were na...
by rjrdomer
15 Jan 2011, 14:47
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Help with a ship manifest - origin of passenger
Replies: 34
Views: 8675

Re: Help with a ship manifest - origin of passenger

Ok so I ordered Giuseppe Morello's naturalization documents from the NARA and it's an older form unlike ones I've seen before. It's from 1906 with his declaration of intent dated in 1899. Neither one states his place of birth aside from just saying Italy. Back to square one.... I'm going to order hi...
by rjrdomer
12 Jan 2011, 21:13
Topic: 1905 NY Census
Replies: 9
Views: 3427

Re: 1905 NY Census

Thanks. Still having a hard time ifnding. I found the two addresses they could have lived at, but no names. My ancestors went back and forth between Italy and Brooklyn several times and I have records of my g-g grandfather, Cono Russo, coming in December 1904 with two of his sons, Vito and Antonio. ...
by rjrdomer
12 Jan 2011, 19:48
Topic: 1905 NY Census
Replies: 9
Views: 3427

Re: 1905 NY Census

Wow that was fast. Thanks. I will search this index and see what I can come up with. A quick search came up with nothing but I may have to play with my spelling. Thanks again.