Thank you!
by Jean Galata
11 Jul 2018, 07:49
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Latin word
Replies: 3
Views: 102

Latin word

I'm working my way through transcribing 18th century marriage records of a few ancestors. There is a word that I can't seem to understand. It appears on most of the records. After writing that no impediment to the marriage was disclosed, the Archbishop writes, "Ego Infrastus Archip...." I'm sure I a...
by Jean Galata
30 Jun 2018, 05:17
Topic: Latin Marriage Record
Replies: 12
Views: 298

Re: Latin Marriage Record

I have just photographed the document and tried to attach it in a post again, but it did not work. I have sent an e-mail to Italian Genealogy Contact asking why I am not permitted to send attachments with a post.
by Jean Galata
30 Jun 2018, 04:57

A friend mentioned photographing it to me about an hour ago. I'm going to try that.
Thanks.
by Jean Galata
29 Jun 2018, 07:30

A distant cousin from an Italian Group originating in Collepietro, L'Aquila,Italy, but lives in Guam, often shares info on families and ancestral information with members of the group. She offered the site to me because someone had recently placed all of his family's marriage documents on line befor...
by Jean Galata
27 Jun 2018, 05:46

I thank you for your reply, but I have tried to copy and paste this document over and over again. for some reason I cannot attach it to my post.
Thank you again.
Jean Galata
by Jean Galata
26 Jun 2018, 17:34

Thank you. I'll try.
by Jean Galata
26 Jun 2018, 08:06

Latin Marriage Record

I would like assistance in transcribing a particular document, but I have tried for over an hour to attach it to a post with no success. If anyone can help me, The document can be found on the web site Liber Matrimo cum.Google Drive, The view is 029jpg. I understand it to a point., but I cannot figu...
by Jean Galata
30 Jan 2017, 05:53
Topic: Free family search!
Replies: 10
Views: 1217

Re: Free family search!

Working with Laura was enriching and productive. I found her to be professional and hard working. She provided me with information I hadn't been able to find in years of research. She also updated me on her research every step of the way. All in all my experience with Laura has been more than I expe...
by Jean Galata
24 Jan 2017, 18:50
Topic: Mistake in attachment in Previous Death of Ancestor Post
Replies: 0
Views: 665

Mistake in attachment in Previous Death of Ancestor Post

Please disregard the photo attachment sent in my Death of an Ancestor post. I have a great deal of trouble locating saved documents and I attached a photo of an entirely different person instead of the death document of Anna Iannarelli. I apologize to the relatives of the woman whose photo I attache...
by Jean Galata
24 Jan 2017, 18:44
Topic: Death account of an ancestor
Replies: 1
Views: 273

Death account of an ancestor

Can someone please tell me if I am correct in reading this Atti di Morti? In researching my ancestors I find that the cause of death is not usually mentioned in the Atti. In this atti there is an account written in the margin that I read as saying the death was caused as a result of a homicide. Sinc...
by Jean Galata
20 Oct 2016, 08:16
Topic: re: marital status of wetnurse in italy
Replies: 7
Views: 880

Re: re: marital status of wetnurse in italy

I understand that sometimes a married woman whose baby died might be asked to wetnurse a foundling.
by Jean Galata
01 Aug 2016, 21:28
Topic: No parents named on death record
Replies: 4
Views: 480

Re: No parents named on death record

If you can't find their marriage record, you might want to check the "Book of the Dead" record for the local church. Many times they offer more information about the deceased. Also marriage processti records for her children often include birth records of the child which sometime include he name of ...
by Jean Galata
24 Jul 2016, 08:52
Topic: Free family search!
Replies: 10
Views: 1217

Re: Free family search!

Hi Laura, This sounds like a terrific idea. Unfortunately, I have already researched my family in Abruzzo and Molise. Perhaps you can assist me in one problem. I cannot find a record of the birth and marriage of Fortunato Santoro. He was born in Collepietro, L'Aquila, Abruzzo.I have found an extract...
by Jean Galata
24 Jul 2016, 08:35
Topic: Missing Italian Birth Record
Replies: 6
Views: 848

Re: Missing Italian Birth Record

Have you tried Familysearch.org. with all the information you already have, you should be able to find something on that website.