Search found 77 matches

by Jean Galata
19 Jun 2020, 08:36
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Are these surnames the same name?
Replies: 4
Views: 613

Re: Are these surnames the same name?

I have heard that in some villages people with common surnames, sometimes voluntarily change the spelling slightly just to distinguish between families.
by Jean Galata
28 Apr 2020, 08:02
Topic: First Names of women
Replies: 3
Views: 536

Re: First Names of women

Wow! Thanks.
Jean Galata
by Jean Galata
26 Apr 2020, 08:19
Topic: First Names of women
Views: 536

First Names of women

Did women often change their first names to Maria? In my research I find that after finding records of the first or second child born to a couple, the next birth certificates have a different first name for the mother. It's changed to Maria, but sometimes Anna. Is this common in official records? Je...
by Jean Galata
22 Nov 2019, 09:30
Topic: BIRTH 1865
Replies: 4
Views: 638

Re: BIRTH 1865

I have found many birth records on www.antenati.sanbenicultural.it
However they are in Italian. Many births are indexed by the year of birth and many towns have the names indexed alphabetically.
by Jean Galata
22 Nov 2019, 09:25
Topic: VOLLARO - looking for help
Replies: 5
Views: 754

Re: VOLLARO - looking for help

Have you tried www.antenati.sanbenicultural.it?
Records go back to 1809, but with the information on the records you can go back even further.
Jean Galata
by Jean Galata
20 Mar 2019, 09:47
Topic: Searching for our grandfather
Replies: 13
Views: 5823

Re: Searching for our grandfather

Just read your post. have you tried DNA through 23 & Me. You might be able to find distant cousins that would prove your relationship to him.
by Jean Galata
12 Jul 2018, 05:31
Topic: Latin word
Views: 924

Re: Latin word

Thank you!
by Jean Galata
11 Jul 2018, 07:49
Topic: Latin word
Views: 924

Latin word

I'm working my way through transcribing 18th century marriage records of a few ancestors. There is a word that I can't seem to understand. It appears on most of the records. After writing that no impediment to the marriage was disclosed, the Archbishop writes, "Ego Infrastus Archip...." I'...
by Jean Galata
30 Jun 2018, 05:17
Topic: Latin Marriage Record
Replies: 12
Views: 2559

Re: Latin Marriage Record

I have just photographed the document and tried to attach it in a post again, but it did not work. I have sent an e-mail to Italian Genealogy Contact asking why I am not permitted to send attachments with a post.
by Jean Galata
30 Jun 2018, 04:57

A friend mentioned photographing it to me about an hour ago. I'm going to try that.
Thanks.
by Jean Galata
29 Jun 2018, 07:30

A distant cousin from an Italian Group originating in Collepietro, L'Aquila,Italy, but lives in Guam, often shares info on families and ancestral information with members of the group. She offered the site to me because someone had recently placed all of his family's marriage documents on line befor...
by Jean Galata
27 Jun 2018, 05:46

I thank you for your reply, but I have tried to copy and paste this document over and over again. for some reason I cannot attach it to my post.
Thank you again.
Jean Galata
by Jean Galata
26 Jun 2018, 17:34

Thank you. I'll try.
by Jean Galata
26 Jun 2018, 08:06

Latin Marriage Record

I would like assistance in transcribing a particular document, but I have tried for over an hour to attach it to a post with no success. If anyone can help me, The document can be found on the web site Liber Matrimo cum.Google Drive, The view is 029jpg. I understand it to a point., but I cannot figu...
by Jean Galata
30 Jan 2017, 05:53
Topic: Free family search!
Replies: 13
Views: 4145

Re: Free family search!

Working with Laura was enriching and productive. I found her to be professional and hard working. She provided me with information I hadn't been able to find in years of research. She also updated me on her research every step of the way. All in all my experience with Laura has been more than I expe...