Search found 63 matches

by Jean Galata
30 Jan 2017, 05:53
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Free family search!
Replies: 10
Views: 990

Re: Free family search!

Working with Laura was enriching and productive. I found her to be professional and hard working. She provided me with information I hadn't been able to find in years of research. She also updated me on her research every step of the way. All in all my experience with Laura has been more than I expe...
by Jean Galata
24 Jan 2017, 18:50
Topic: Mistake in attachment in Previous Death of Ancestor Post
Replies: 0
Views: 552

Mistake in attachment in Previous Death of Ancestor Post

Please disregard the photo attachment sent in my Death of an Ancestor post. I have a great deal of trouble locating saved documents and I attached a photo of an entirely different person instead of the death document of Anna Iannarelli. I apologize to the relatives of the woman whose photo I attache...
by Jean Galata
24 Jan 2017, 18:44
Topic: Death account of an ancestor
Replies: 1
Views: 185

Death account of an ancestor

Can someone please tell me if I am correct in reading this Atti di Morti? In researching my ancestors I find that the cause of death is not usually mentioned in the Atti. In this atti there is an account written in the margin that I read as saying the death was caused as a result of a homicide. Sinc...
by Jean Galata
20 Oct 2016, 08:16
Topic: re: marital status of wetnurse in italy
Replies: 7
Views: 689

Re: re: marital status of wetnurse in italy

I understand that sometimes a married woman whose baby died might be asked to wetnurse a foundling.
by Jean Galata
01 Aug 2016, 21:28
Topic: No parents named on death record
Replies: 4
Views: 400

Re: No parents named on death record

If you can't find their marriage record, you might want to check the "Book of the Dead" record for the local church. Many times they offer more information about the deceased. Also marriage processti records for her children often include birth records of the child which sometime include he name of ...
by Jean Galata
24 Jul 2016, 08:52
Topic: Free family search!
Replies: 10
Views: 990

Re: Free family search!

Hi Laura, This sounds like a terrific idea. Unfortunately, I have already researched my family in Abruzzo and Molise. Perhaps you can assist me in one problem. I cannot find a record of the birth and marriage of Fortunato Santoro. He was born in Collepietro, L'Aquila, Abruzzo.I have found an extract...
by Jean Galata
24 Jul 2016, 08:35
Topic: Missing Italian Birth Record
Replies: 5
Views: 696

Re: Missing Italian Birth Record

Have you tried Familysearch.org. with all the information you already have, you should be able to find something on that website.
by Jean Galata
16 Jul 2016, 04:59
Topic: Translation Help - Death Record
Views: 775

Re: Translation Help - Death Record

Sorry about that , Kevin. I am not fluent in Italian, but I think I can help you with this. I've done many for my own ancestors. From what I can read, Pasquini Paolino died in the hospital at the age of 82 years old. The name of the hospital is not mentioned. It just says hospital. He was born in wh...
by Jean Galata
15 Jul 2016, 09:16
Topic: Translation Help - Death Record
Views: 775

Re: Translation Help - Death Record

This is the birth reacord of Bianchi Bruno who died on Marach 5, 1825 at the age of 19 years old. He was born and died in what looks to be the town of Graguano. He was unmarried and the son of Adolf. His mother's name was Marcucci Agata. Both parents were alive at the time of his death.
by Jean Galata
08 Oct 2015, 01:52
Topic: Italian Immigrants and Baptisms in America
Replies: 2
Views: 695

Re: Italian Immigrants and Baptisms in America

In my Italian family we HAD to baptize a baby within a month of its birth. I notice from looking at original Italian records many of the babies were baptized the day of their birth, or one day later. You bring up the possibility of the mother being Jewish. I don't know for sure, but I do believe tha...
by Jean Galata
06 Oct 2015, 07:43
Topic: ships' manifests
Replies: 3
Views: 625

Re: ships' manifests

That's a difficult one! Perhaps you can find the name of the ship through searching your ancestors name on Castel Garden, since that was an entry point before Ellis Island.
Jean Galata
by Jean Galata
24 Sep 2015, 06:03
Topic: More information on Fortunato Santoro
Views: 1121

Re: More information on Fortunato Santoro

Thank you. I printed a copy for my records. Very interesting and informative.
Jean
by Jean Galata
22 Sep 2015, 05:15

Re: More information on Fortunato Santoro

Thank you very much. I wonder why the Extract of a grandfather's death would be included in records of a grandson's marriage?
Jean Galata
by Jean Galata
17 Sep 2015, 22:36

More information on Fortunato Santoro

I'm sorry the attachment in the previous message was not that of Pellagrino Santoro as I said. It was the original attachment I found on Fortunato Santoro. The attachment hereto is the one I am questioning. It appears in the wedding records of his son Luciano (a/k/a Giuliano) in the year 1835. I can...
by Jean Galata
17 Sep 2015, 22:00
Topic: Fortunato Santoro
Replies: 0
Views: 2190

Fortunato Santoro

In an effort again to find more information about my 3rd greatgrandfather, Fortunato Santoro, I reviewed once again his children's marriage records. In the records of his son Carmine, who married in December of 1820, I looked for Fortunato's extract of death. I found an extract for Pellegrino Santor...