by demari18
30 Sep 2017, 19:26
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Finding A Passenger List
Replies: 3
Views: 1131

Re: Finding A Passenger List

https://www.uscis.gov/history-and-genea ... ng-records

Hopefully this will help you. Sorry for not responding sooner but have not been on this website for a while.
by demari18
22 Jun 2017, 02:11
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Ancestor's Occupation
Replies: 5
Views: 225

Re: Ancestor's Occupation

Thank you so very much. Today I did not take a flash drive to download the documents on the microfilm. On my next visit I will be better prepared and then show you the document as well. Again thank you!
by demari18
22 Jun 2017, 01:36
Topic: Ancestor's Occupation
Views: 225

Ancestor's Occupation

Greetings, Today I visited the local Church of the Latter Day Saints to view microfilm from Mazano Appio, Italy. On the birth record for my husband's great grandmother's brother the occupation for his father was listed as "annese". The woman helping me did not know that word and I was wondering if a...
by demari18
15 Apr 2017, 01:43
Topic: Spelling of a Surname
Views: 215

Re: Spelling of a Surname

This is the help I got for the passenger list - Thank you for any help you can give me. Line 14. 2 page manifest Indexed as Attilio Folco Age 32,yob about 1875 Last residence: Jelsi, Campobasso, Molise Leaves wife Teresa Mat.....? in Jelsi Joining his brother in law Nicola Benedetto in Marlboro MA B...
by demari18
12 Apr 2017, 17:46
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Passenger List For Attilio Falco on the Canopic
Replies: 8
Views: 428

Re: Passenger List For Attilio Falco on the Canopic

Thank you ever so much! I am so pleased that there are so many records available but then when the ones that are missing are what you need it is disappointing. The wonderful thing is that the members here have helped with the grandparents and great grandparents and further back which is truly amazin...
by demari18
12 Apr 2017, 16:25
Topic: Mother's Name Unknown
Replies: 7
Views: 374

Re: Mother's Name Unknown

Thank you so much Ann and Biff, Very helpful and interesting. DeMari
by demari18
12 Apr 2017, 15:19
Topic: Spelling of a Surname
Views: 215

Spelling of a Surname

With the wonderful help of members of this site I now have the passenger list for Attilio Falco. In that list there is reference to a relative left in Italy. I can read the first name Teresa but the surname is difficult and it says she was his wife. There is reference in the records for Jelsi that A...
by demari18
12 Apr 2017, 14:20

Re: Mother's Name Unknown

Here is the info on the birth record. Thank you for asking to see it. DeMari

1908 death record for Giuseppe Falco, 3 years, son of Attilio and an uncertain mother (#17)

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 5.jpg.html
by demari18
12 Apr 2017, 04:27

Mother's Name Unknown

Members of this group recently helped me to find death records of several children of an Ancestor Attilio Falco. His name was recorded in the death records but the mother's name was recorded as unknown. Why would there be no mother's name? Seems easier to prove the mother than the father. Any help w...
by demari18
12 Apr 2017, 04:12

Re: Passenger List For Attilio Falco on the Canopic

Dear Biff and Tessa, Thank you so much! A great deal to digest and figure out how it all goes together. Wonder why the mother's name was not recorded. In genealogy I find that you answer one question but get another question. Again thank you, DeMari
by demari18
12 Apr 2017, 00:12

Passenger List For Attilio Falco on the Canopic

Biff found the passenger list for Attilio Falco for me. The date matches the date Attilio gave on his naturalization application and the passenger list indicated the Attilio was traveling to Marlboro, Massachusetts which is the correct place. My confusion now is the passenger list indicated he was l...
by demari18
10 Apr 2017, 17:40
Topic: Birth Record From Jelsi, Campobasso
Views: 386

Re: Birth Record From Jelsi, Campobasso

Oh, my goodness Erudita! This is amazing! Thank you ever so much. Are you able to tell what her full name was? Thank you again! DeMari
by demari18
10 Apr 2017, 14:28
Topic: Birth Record From Jelsi, Campobasso
Views: 386

Birth Record From Jelsi, Campobasso

Wondering if anyone could help me find a birth record for Maria D'Amico (Damico) who was born in Jelsi on 12 May 1884 and/or information about her parents. Her parents were Biase D'Amico and Filomena Santella. Maria emigrated to the United States in 1906. Thank you so very much. DeMari
by demari18
10 Apr 2017, 02:34
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Passenger on the Canopic in 1907
Views: 761

Passenger on the Canopic in 1907

I have found reference to the arrival of a relative on Canopic leaving Naples and arriving in Boston on September 30, 1907. The person's name was Attilio Falco. I have a birth year of 1881 on his naturalization application but that might not be correct it might be 1875. I would like to find the actu...
by demari18
10 Apr 2017, 02:28
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Can't Read The Name Of A Place
Views: 729

Re: Can't Read The Name Of A Place

Thank you so much Erudita. I will check it out.