Search found 389 matches

by joetucciarone
41 minutes ago
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for information on my grandfather and his side of the family
Replies: 2
Views: 55

Re: Looking for information on my grandfather and his side of the family

Hi - I "second" Tessa's request, and are you referring to the city of Pula on Sardinia, or Pula (Pola) on the northwest coast of modern-day Croatia? The latter would be my guess, since it's much nearer to Venice than the other city . . .

Joe
by joetucciarone
24 Sep 2021, 00:10
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Street Names of Campli
Replies: 10
Views: 646

Re: Street Names of Campli

You are very welcome - I enjoy solving puzzles!
by joetucciarone
23 Sep 2021, 21:15
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Street Names of Campli
Replies: 10
Views: 646

Re: Street Names of Campli

Hi Rick - I wonder if the two words on the second line are really one slightly-misspelled word, "circonvallazione," which is Italian for a bypass or a ring-road. It sounds like a modern expression, but the word "circonvallazione" appears in many Italian newspapers, like these thr...
by joetucciarone
19 Sep 2021, 23:35
Topic: Looking for Angelo Marcuccio of 1845
Replies: 7
Views: 692

Re: Looking for Angelo Marcuccio of 1845

Hi Suzanne - is this your Stefano? It's a transcription of a 1916 naturalization certificate: Name Stefano Marcuccio Naturalization Date 1916 Naturalization Place Fulton, New York, United States Birth Date 6 Apr 1875 Birthplace Carozzo, Italy Spouse's Name Filomena Marcuccio Carozzo is in the Provin...
by joetucciarone
19 Sep 2021, 22:36
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Military history and question
Views: 2714

Re: Military history and question

Hi Ellen - I looked but I didn't find anything that will help you. However, here's what I found, in case you're curious. A book titled “Statuto Penale Militare per lo regno delle due sicilie” [in English, “Military Criminal Statute for the kingdom of the two Sicilies”] was published in Naples in 181...
by joetucciarone
19 Sep 2021, 17:38
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: CAPPELLARI VICENZA
Replies: 1
Views: 440

Re: CAPPELLARI VICENZA

Hi - Have you seen this summary of a Cappellari birth on October 23, 1896 in Argentina: Name: Agustin Cappellari Gender: Male Baptism Date: 23 oct 1896 Baptism Place: Río Cuarto, Córdoba, Argentina Father: Agustin Mother: Cecilia Marinellona FHL Film Number: 772510 Reference ID: cn 236 And you proba...
by joetucciarone
18 Sep 2021, 16:24
Topic: Villa Latina unknown origin
Replies: 3
Views: 660

Re: Villa Latina unknown origin

Of the surnames you’ve mentioned, Fusco, Valente and Rinaldi are currently very common throughout Italy. But the surnames Pacitti and Notargiacomo are not common and this might help you decide where to look. Here is the current distribution of the surname Pacitti: http://www.gens.info/italia/it/turi...
by joetucciarone
18 Sep 2021, 15:19
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: 1868 Birth Record Lindoro Carota #87
Replies: 5
Views: 480

Re: 1868 Birth Record Lindoro Carota #87

Thank you, Erudita, for confirming what I thought I saw. It's hard for me to decipher the handwriting, especially when Italian isn't my native language! Hi Jerry - I don't know if this will help, but the following map shows the current distribution of the surname Carota in Italy: http://www.gens.inf...
by joetucciarone
18 Sep 2021, 12:35
Topic: 1868 Birth Record Lindoro Carota #87
Replies: 5
Views: 480

Re: 1868 Birth Record Lindoro Carota #87

Hi Jerry - Unless I'm mistaken, Lindoro was abandoned. I could be wrong, but I think I see "Ruota communal," or "municipal wheel" at the beginning of the 7th line. Also, the word "projetto" or "proietto" appears before his name in the margin.
by joetucciarone
17 Sep 2021, 11:12
Topic: Help with record
Views: 788

Re: Help with record

Hi James - after you mentioned Pontecorvo and Esperia, I went back to the map and found Monticelli and Roccaguglielma. Here, you can see Monticelli in the top-left part of the map, and Roccaguglielma is 3.7 kilometers southeast of it, at the bottom-center: https://maps.arcanum.com/en/map/europe-19ce...
by joetucciarone
16 Sep 2021, 22:41

This page from the November 18, 1861 Gazzetta dell’ Umbria mentions a fight with brigands in the mountains of Lenola and Roccaguglielmo (Roccaguglielmo is red-highlighted): https://www.internetculturale.it/jmms/iccuviewer/iccu.jsp?id=oai%3Awww.internetculturale.sbn.it%2FTeca%3A20%3ANT0000%3AN%3ATO00...
by joetucciarone
16 Sep 2021, 21:26

Hi James - It seems these processetti are in chronological order. Before your document (#63), there's one dated July 10, 1862, and before that there are three in a row dated June 14, 1862. The record following yours is dated August 14, 1862. Your document seems to have been dated the 3rd day of an i...
by joetucciarone
15 Sep 2021, 01:42
Topic: Marriage Act translation
Replies: 6
Views: 639

Re: Marriage Act translation

Hi Mark - I transcribed the first part of record, but I have to stop in mid-sentence, unfortunately. I did the best I could but some words were illegible; maybe someone can correct my errors: "L'anno Milleottocentonovantuno addi dieci di Febbraio alle ore pomeridiane sei nella casa posta nel Co...
by joetucciarone
15 Sep 2021, 00:42
Topic: Generic suggestion
Replies: 24
Views: 2900

Re: Generic suggestion

Ahh - thank you! But I'm glad of my mistake, because it is interesting to read about the other Poggioreale, the ghost town in Sicily!
by joetucciarone
15 Sep 2021, 00:30
Topic: Generic suggestion
Replies: 24
Views: 2900

Re: Generic suggestion

Hi Alessio, I just found this information about Poggioreale on Wikipedia. It is sad but interesting: "Poggioreale is a ghost town and comune in the province of Trapani, western Sicily, southern Italy, located in the Belice valley. The Economy was mostly based on agriculture and fruit cultivatio...