Search found 5564 matches

by AngelaGrace56
Yesterday, 20:03
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Potenza marriage records
Replies: 4
Views: 118

Re: Potenza marriage records

I would check the processetti documents for marriage act #17 in 1838 for the town of Ferrandina. A copy of her civil birth act should be part of the documents. These are not indexed so you need to do a bit of work to find. http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Matera/Stato+...
by AngelaGrace56
11 May 2021, 22:25
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Vincenzo Manzi
Replies: 3
Views: 70

Re: Vincenzo Manzi

Hi there

You need to post the link to the online record, if you have it.

Angela
by AngelaGrace56
10 May 2021, 06:46
Topic: Appreciate a translation, please
Replies: 3
Views: 92

Re: Appreciate a translation, please

Mother's surname is Schirripa.

Angela
by AngelaGrace56
08 May 2021, 08:24
Topic: Little help transcribing Birth Register Extract
Views: 170

Re: Little help transcribing Death Register Extract

This not a birth extract, it is a death extract certifiying that Francesco Monesi, son of Luigi (Monesi) and the deceased Antonia Quagli? died in Salara on 28 October 1865. It doesn’t make sense though because the parents of the groom were Francesco Monesi and Maria Galli (died 1860) unless Frances...
by AngelaGrace56
07 May 2021, 23:04
Topic: Little help transcribing Birth Register Extract
Views: 170

Re: Little help transcribing Death Register Extract

This not a birth extract, it is a death extract certifiying that Francesco Monesi, son of Luigi (Monesi) and the deceased Antonia Quagli? died in Salara on 28 October 1865. It doesn’t make sense though because the parents of the groom were Francesco Monesi and Maria Galli (died 1860) unless Francesc...
by AngelaGrace56
06 May 2021, 03:13
Topic: Side margin death notes
Views: 136

Re: Side margin death notes

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-9974-L8LQ?i=259&wc=SC5G-JWL%3A1338624603%2C1338624602%2C1338667884&cc=2185166 Top left, #80 birth of Carmela Cannatella. In the side margin it lists her marraige with Francesco Russo, and below it I believe it notes her date of death; what is...
by AngelaGrace56
06 May 2021, 02:07
Topic: Marriage Record Search
Replies: 7
Views: 182

Re: Marriage Record Search

Happy to help. (Don’t worry. It happens .... unfortunately people pass on misleading information to people. We see it all the time, and especially in Family Trees that are posted on line. If people can’t give a “source” for the info they are giving you, then there’s generally something wrong.) Angel...
by AngelaGrace56
06 May 2021, 01:56
Topic: Birth Registry Translation help needed. Gaetano Minniti
Replies: 2
Views: 88

Re: Birth Registry Translation help needed. Gaetano Minniti

Birth No 96: Gaetano Minniti Oppido: 12 August 1838 Appearing was Pasquale Minniti, 24 yo, bracciale (day labourer), living in Oppido, who presented a baby boy, who he reported was born yesterday (11 August 1838), at 8 pm, from himself and from his wife, Giovanna Bottaro. The baby was given the name...
by AngelaGrace56
06 May 2021, 01:37
Topic: Help with birth registry translation ? Carmina Salvatora Minniti
Views: 100

Re: Help with birth registry translation ? Carmina Salvatora Minniti

Birth No 187: Carmina Salvatora Minniti Oppido: 14 November 1878 Appearing was Gaetano Minniti, 46 yo, day labourer, living in Oppido Mamertina, who reported that at 10.04 am, on 13 November 1878, in the house in Vico Ospedale, without number, from Caterina Zinghini, his wife, a worker, living with ...
by AngelaGrace56
06 May 2021, 01:20
Topic: Marriage Record Search
Replies: 7
Views: 182

Re: Marriage Record Search

I found this record, but it is not the correct one. Antonio's parents are Agostina Farina and Maria Tedesco per his birth record. Sorry, I should have included that in my post You need to show us how you know that your Antonio Farina, son of Agostino Farina and Maria Tedesco was married to a Cateri...
by AngelaGrace56
05 May 2021, 08:58
Topic: Need help translating Birth Record
Views: 89

Re: Need help translating Birth Record

Here's the marriage record translation for you: Marriage No 25: Antonino Marguccio e Nunziata Cadili Montalbano di Elicona: 15 July 1897 Groom: Antonino Marguccio, unmarried, 32 yo, agricoltore, born in Montalbano, residing said place, son of Giuseppe (Marguccio), and of Provvidenza Sardo, both livi...
by AngelaGrace56
05 May 2021, 08:41
Topic: Need help translating Birth Record
Views: 89

Re: Need help translating Birth Record

Birth No 64: Nunziata Cadili Registered Montalbano di Elicona on 26 March 1870 Side Note: Marries with Antonino Marguccio on 17 July 1897 Appearing was Salvatore Cadili, the son of the deceased Pasquale Cadili, 38 yo, agricoltore, living in, and resident of, Montalbano di Elicona, who presented to t...
by AngelaGrace56
03 May 2021, 05:20
Topic: Map Translation
Replies: 13
Views: 423

Re: Map Translation

Following on from what mmogno has said, "C.da" is an abbreviation for the word "Contrada". Contrada was basically a district/area of Melilli. Maybe today we might call it a suburb. Anyways I'm reading "Contrada Radia di Melilli" This might help you research further. An...
by AngelaGrace56
03 May 2021, 05:15
Topic: Map Translation
Replies: 13
Views: 423

Re: Map Translation

Thanks. I know di Melilli means of Melilli (the town), and da is from. Is Radiu a surname? I don't see Radiu used as a surname in Melilli. It sounds like radius. Following on from what mmogno has said, "C.da" is an abbreviation for the word "Contrada". Contrada was basically a d...