Search found 4996 matches

by AngelaGrace56
Yesterday, 22:19
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Birth Cert Translation - Maritano
Replies: 9
Views: 145

Re: Birth Cert Translation - Maritano

Thank you very much Angela and Darkhorse, this has been so helpful, I truly love this forum as so many members are willing to help others and so quickly. I didn't know there was this much info contained on the cert either, it now gives me more names for my family tree and yet another level back in ...
by AngelaGrace56
Yesterday, 21:57

Hi again, would entry number 6 on this record be the death cert for the child? https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSD7-KSQ2-N?i=755&cat=1019269 Many thanks, John Yes, it is. He died as soon as he was born. There seems to be a discrepancy between the death record and the birth record a...
by AngelaGrace56
Yesterday, 08:21
Topic: Need Help on Birth Certificate Translation
Replies: 8
Views: 128

Re: Need Help on Birth Certificate Translation

I'm guessing "nel giorno successe nata", the day the birth happened. It's not very clear, but the term is consistently used. Then it gets a little clearer later in the year (not much clearer, but a little). Look at this one. http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Napoli/Stat...
by AngelaGrace56
Yesterday, 04:58

The declarant was Giuseppa Boccia, daughter of Serafino, age 32, midwife Date of birth January 4, 1861 Mother Maria Miranda Wife of Pietrantonio Boccia Age 32 Father Pietrantonio Boccia Age 32 Child’s name Giuseppe Witnesses Antonio Florio, shoemaker, and Gennaro Prisco I'm understanding the date o...
by AngelaGrace56
Yesterday, 04:47

The declarant was Giuseppa Boccia, daughter of Serafino, age 32, midwife Date of birth January 4, 1861 Mother Maria Miranda Wife of Pietrantonio Boccia Age 32 Father Pietrantonio Boccia Age 32 Child’s name Giuseppe Witnesses Antonio Florio, shoemaker, and Gennaro Prisco I'm understanding the date o...
by AngelaGrace56
01 Jul 2020, 23:05

Just wanted to add that the date of birth was 1 February 1869. The registration took place the day after, on 2 February 1869. Also, I hadn't realised that darkerhorse had posted and wondered why my post jumped back at me. Where I wrote "yes you are correct", I was referring to the poster - JohnbHoy,...
by AngelaGrace56
01 Jul 2020, 22:59

Yes, you are correct. :) Birth No 8: Gio Maritano Antonio Maritano, (son of the deceased Domenico Maritano), born in Valgioie, reported that at 10 am yesterday evening in the house of Stefano Perotto, was born a baby boy from his wife Angela Listello, (daughter of the deceased Giacomo Listello), a c...
by AngelaGrace56
01 Jul 2020, 22:16
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Marriage of Michele Faruolo and Rosa Zarli in Salvia
Views: 164

Re: Marriage of Michele Faruolo and Rosa Zarli in Salvia

This is confusing. These seems to be the same parents. Rocco Antonio Faruolo birth Febaruary 13 1815 in Salvia, father Giuseppe, 25, a farmer, mother Maria Contardi, 30, House on Strada Pritta. http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Potenza/Stato+civile+napoleonico/Salvia/Na...
by AngelaGrace56
01 Jul 2020, 22:04
Topic: Saraceni BR
Replies: 3
Views: 71

Re: Saraceni BR

Birth No 3: Ferdinando Vittorio Emmanuele Saraceni Casalbordino: 3 January 1870 Appearing was Romolo Saraceni, son of Ferdinando, 28 yo, landowner, living in Casalbordino. He presented a baby, born on 1 January 1870, to his wife Antonietta Magnarapa, daughter of Celid e o, 33 yo, landowner, living ...
by AngelaGrace56
01 Jul 2020, 08:38
Topic: Saraceni BR
Views: 71

Re: Saraceni BR

Birth No 3: Ferdinando Vittorio Emmanuele Saraceni Casalbordino: 3 January 1870 Appearing was Romolo Saraceni, son of Ferdinando, 28 yo, landowner, living in Casalbordino. He presented a baby, born on 1 January 1870, to his wife Antonietta Magnarapa, daughter of Celidio?, 33 yo, landowner, living in...
by AngelaGrace56
01 Jul 2020, 06:55
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Grandmother born in Argentina to Italian parents--need her birth certificate.
Replies: 37
Views: 879

Re: Grandmother born in Argentina to Italian parents--need her birth certificate.

This looks like Teresa here. It says that she was born in the South Sandwich Islands, South America on 28 May 1898: Her mother was Caterina Croce: https://www.ancestry.com.au/genealogy/records/teresa-massetti-24-2wtnd5?geo_a=t&geo_s=us&geo_t=au&geo_v=2.0.0&o_iid=41019&o_lid=41019&o_sch=Web+Property...
by AngelaGrace56
01 Jul 2020, 06:26
Topic: Birth Registry Translation for Amorosa Giacalone
Views: 68

Re: Birth Registry Translation for Amorosa Giacalone

Birth No 309: Amorosa Giacalone Registered in Marsala on 21 February 1904 Appearing before the official was Giuseppe Giacalone, 40 yo, villico (farmer), living in Marsala. He reported that at 2 am on 19 February 1904, in the house in Villa S. Padre delle Perriere, No 29, from Maria Licari, his wife,...
by AngelaGrace56
28 Jun 2020, 03:53
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Grandmother born in Argentina to Italian parents--need her birth certificate.
Replies: 37
Views: 879

Re: Grandmother born in Argentina to Italian parents--need her birth certificate.

1896 Marriage Pubblication: Eugenio Domenico Massetti and Catterina Croce: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QSQ-G949-3ZPV?i=18&wc=M6H6-F23%3A238830101%2C243515801%2C238932601&cc=1937992 Note: Eugenio was residing in Montaldo Scarampi at this time, as were his parents. You can look there ...