Search found 4514 matches

by AngelaGrace56
Yesterday, 07:27
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Ciano Family of Grumento Nova - Italy
Replies: 6
Views: 169

Re: Ciano Family of Grumento Nova - Italy

Your GreatGreatGrandfather's Birth Record, correct?: Birth No 116: Bernardo Ciano Saponara di Grumento: 9 October 1853 Appearing was Michele Ciano, son of Vincenzo Ciano, 30 yo, Contadino, living in Saponara, who presented a baby boy born from his wife, Rosa di Tommaso, 27 yo, living in Saponara, an...
by AngelaGrace56
Yesterday, 04:31
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Cuma Rosie?
Replies: 3
Views: 85

Re: Cuma Rosie?

skiptonr@hotmail.com wrote:
21 Sep 2019, 12:13
Hi Angela, thanks so much. My family is from two different provinces in Abruzzo, Teramo and ‎L'Aquila‎.

Have a great day! Rick
That makes sense.

Happy to help.

Angela :)
by AngelaGrace56
Yesterday, 04:24
Topic: Translation needed for Romeo/Crupi
Views: 206

Re: Translation needed for Romeo/Crupi

Marriage Act No 11: Bruno Romeo and Maria Crupi Bova: 9 August 1890 Groom: Bruno Romeo, 27 yo, bracciale (day labourer), born in Melito di Porto Salvo, residing in Melito di Porto Salvo, son of Antonino (Romeo) bracciale, and of Natalizia Catona?, both residing Melito di Porto Salvo. Bride: Maria Cr...
by AngelaGrace56
Yesterday, 04:10
Topic: Translation of Marriage needed for: Crupi/Ambrosio
Views: 104

Re: Translation of Marriage needed for: Crupi/Ambrosio

Hi there Do you realise that the Civil Records are on line for the town of Bova? You are probably better to look through those as they give more information than the church records. Also, I can't zoom in on the images that you have posted here. When I click on them I just get the next page? Here's t...
by AngelaGrace56
Yesterday, 02:58

My great-great-grandfather emigrated from Italy before 1900 he was born in nova, basilicata. Potenza. He died in 1909 in Venezuela but we never knew who his family was in Italy just a birth certificate where he says that his father was called Michele Ciano and his mother Rosa di Tommaso. Interested...
by AngelaGrace56
Yesterday, 02:17

INDEX#3 184 5 April 10th marriage record of Michele Ciano age 26 farmer son of Vincenzo Ciano and deceased Irene T oscano married Rosa di Tommaso daughter of Vincenzo di Tommaso and Gabriela Pecore PG LINKS http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Potenza/Stato+civile+della+re...
by AngelaGrace56
21 Sep 2019, 06:43
Topic: Cuma Rosie?
Views: 85

Re: Cuma Rosie?

Both your cousins are correct. The actual words are Comara and Comparo, often shortened to "Coma" and "Compa". The are generally used to address close friends of the family, like you say, and a Godmother (Comara) and a Godfather (Comparo). It's how I have always addressed my Godparents. I've also he...
by AngelaGrace56
20 Sep 2019, 02:12
Topic: Locating a death act?
Replies: 9
Views: 235

Re: Locating a death act?

He'll probably be really interested and pleased that you are undertaking this research. Good on you.

Angela :)
by AngelaGrace56
20 Sep 2019, 02:08
Topic: In need of help with Latin translation for 1703 marriage record of Margarita Nigri
Replies: 5
Views: 155

Re: In need of help with Latin translation for 1703 marriage record of Margarita Nigri

Hi, My apologies as I did not make anything clear to the viewer. I wanted assistance with corrections or additions; I believe it was on 15 Feb 1703 and banns were published on Jan 28 and 4 and 11 of Feb. I believe it says Guiseppe Antonio of quondam (? something starts with B) and then Gagne and Ma...
by AngelaGrace56
20 Sep 2019, 01:54
Topic: Help with answer to question regarding old Latin marriage records in Piverone
Replies: 2
Views: 80

Re: Help with answer to question regarding old Latin marriage records in Piverone

Yes, I agree. Great spotting, Jefferie. As you go along from 1641, you'll notice that some of the other pages are almost hanging by a few threads. Wonderful to have access to such old books.

Angela