Search found 5318 matches

by AngelaGrace56
57 minutes ago
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation of Birth Registry for Filomena Damiano
Replies: 2
Views: 53

Re: Translation of Birth Registry for Filomena Damiano

#182 September 21, 1855 before comune officials in Orsogna appeared Filippo Damiano, son of Gioacchino, age 26, grave digger, domiciled here on Strada dell Villa del Romano, who presented a female child and declared that the child was born to Maddalena d’Angelo, his legitimate wife, age 25, farmer,...
by AngelaGrace56
Today, 21:33
Topic: Translation of Marriage Registry for Giovanbattista De Grandis & Sabbia D'Angelo
Replies: 15
Views: 250

Re: Translation of Marriage Registry for Giovanbattista De Grandis & Sabbia D'Angelo

italianmom wrote: 22 Oct 2020, 17:45 I am eternally grateful to you, Mr. Moccaldi, and to you, Angela, for all the work you put into these translations and the dedication you show. Please know that you are appreciated very much!
Pat
:D

Angela
by AngelaGrace56
Today, 21:32
Topic: Translation of Marriage Registry for Giovanbattista De Grandis & Sabbia D'Angelo

Re: Translation of Marriage Registry for Giovanbattista De Grandis & Sabbia D'Angelo

This is what I'm understanding from the records that were submitted in order for this marriage to take place. (The information differs from what is written in the Marriage Record. It looks like the clerk has confused the dates of Giambattista's baptism and his father Fioravante's death?) Looking at...
by AngelaGrace56
Today, 21:28
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Birth Date vs Baptismal Date
Replies: 3
Views: 63

Re: Birth Date vs Baptismal Date

It is actually on the next page. This page states that the birth was presented to the mayor/sindaco Ottavio Galassi by the levatrice/midwife Angelica di Sarro, age 58. On the back it states the infant was born to Paolina Lepore, age 40, housewife, wife of Felice Nardelli, age 36, landowner. The bir...
by AngelaGrace56
22 Oct 2020, 02:37
Topic: Looking for Search Advice, Tips and Best Practices
Replies: 35
Views: 1252

Re: Looking for Search Advice, Tips and Best Practices

Ok! Thanks for the updates. I did see that you had set up a new thread for Sofia/Serafina and that you had a couple of researchers helping you with this. That's great. So pleased that you now have the correct Onofrio. I'll leave them to it, otherwise we end up covering the same ground and I'm bit st...
by AngelaGrace56
22 Oct 2020, 02:24

That site is too difficult for me too follow. If the documents are from the late 1700's I don't know how to access them. The Processetti (marriage attacments) for the marriage of Giambattista de Grandis and Sabbia d'Angelo, which Pippo is referring to, begin here: http://dl.antenati.san.benicultura...
by AngelaGrace56
20 Oct 2020, 06:49
Topic: Please Translate Birth Registry Giuseppe Donia
Views: 68

Re: Please Translate Birth Registry Giuseppe Donia

Birth No 8: Giuseppe Donia Oppido Mamertina: 15 January 1845 Giacomo Donia, 40 yo, bovaro (ox driver), living in Oppido, presented a baby boy, that he reported was born yesterday from himself and from his wife Caterina Pezzano, 31 yo, travagliatrice (worker/labourer), living in Oppido. The same baby...
by AngelaGrace56
20 Oct 2020, 06:40
Topic: Help needed with Birth Registry Translation. Domenico Donia
Views: 71

Re: Help needed with Birth Registry Translation. Domenico Donia

Birth No 7: Domenico Donia Oppido Mamertina: 15 January 1838 Giacomo Donia, 32 yo, bovaro (ox driver), living in Oppido, presented a baby boy, born last night at 11 pm, from himself and from his wife Catarina Pezzano. The baby boy was given the name Domenico and he was baptised on 15 January 1838 by...
by AngelaGrace56
20 Oct 2020, 06:28
Topic: Need Birth Registry Translation Please. Francesca Donia
Views: 60

Re: Need Birth Registry Translation Please. Francesca Donia

Birth No 88: Francesca, Carmina, Fortunata Donia Oppido Mamertina: 19 July 1835 Giacomo Donia, 32 yo, bracciale (day labourer), living in Oppido, presented a baby girl, and reported that the same was born yesterday (18 July 1835) from himself and his wife Catarina Pezzano. He gave the baby girl the ...
by AngelaGrace56
20 Oct 2020, 00:18
Topic: Translation of Birth Record for Maria Concezia Damiano
Views: 68

Re: Translation of Birth Record for Maria Concezia Damiano

Birth No 23: Maria Concezia Damiano (in this record the spelling is Dammiano) Orsogna: 31 January 1849 Filippo Dam(m)iano, 23 yo, beccaio (butcher), living in this town, Strada della Villa del Romano, presented a baby girl, born from Maddalena d'Angelo, his legitimate wife, a 21 yo, contadina, livin...
by AngelaGrace56
19 Oct 2020, 23:26
Topic: Translation of Death Registry for Rocco Nicolò Mancini
Replies: 5
Views: 126

Re: Translation of Death Registry for Rocco Nicolò Mancini

Hi Angela, You and Mr. Bivona know my family almost as well as I do! Have a wonderful day! Pat I know what your saying. It is a bit like that. I've got a really good memory, but at the moment, because I've been helping someone else, from time to time, who is researching Orsogna, I find that I have ...
by AngelaGrace56
19 Oct 2020, 23:15
Topic: marriage notation on birth act help, pls
Views: 85

Re: marriage notation on birth act help, pls

i will keep that in mind - checking ariano first... my experience with these records have been that marrying in the town of the bride's birth is not necessarily the rule. it is a good thing to remember, though. thanks again Absolutely!!! It happens in some cases for various reasons. It was a lucky ...
by AngelaGrace56
19 Oct 2020, 01:36
Topic: Looking for Search Advice, Tips and Best Practices
Replies: 35
Views: 1252

Re: Looking for Search Advice, Tips and Best Practices

Angela.... thx for your efforts and finding Onofrio birth record. I too will look for De Mayo since I see that name often in other family trees.....I think you have hit in something there. Will let u know what I find. JCM Di Maio is also another possibility? Di Maio: https://www.mappadeicognomi.it/...
by AngelaGrace56
19 Oct 2020, 01:23
Topic: Translation of Marriage Registry for Francesco Di Rico & Sabbia De Grandis
Views: 71

Re: Translation of Marriage Registry for Francesco Di Rico & Sabbia De Grandis

Marriage No 77: Francesco di Rico and Sabbia de Grandis Orsogna: 21 December 1899 Appearing before the Mayor were: Groom: Francesco di Rico, 57 yo, contadino, born in Orsogna, residing in Orsogna, the son of the deceased Giuseppe (di Rico), who had resided in this town when living, and of Annantonia...
by AngelaGrace56
19 Oct 2020, 01:17
Topic: marriage notation on birth act help, pls
Views: 85

Re: marriage notation on birth act help, pls

Thanks so much Angela. I did not even consider looking in the ariano marriage acts...certainly did not look like ariano to me. Hoping all is well with you. As always, most appreciative of your efforts. Donna It was a tricky read, wasn't it. It didn't look like Ariano to me either, it was a good gue...