Search found 40 matches

by Sasso
16 Sep 2022, 12:30
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Writing A Letter
Replies: 3
Views: 293

Re: Writing A Letter

No instructions were provided - I think they forgot to attach them. I’ve tried a few different ways to reach the PagoPA site for the state offices, but I only receive an error message. The only other thing I can think of is to use a VPN mask, but I doubt I’ll be able to make a secure payment with it.
by Sasso
16 Sep 2022, 04:04
Topic: Writing A Letter
Replies: 3
Views: 293

Writing A Letter

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I wasn't sure where else to post. I recently received a response from Frosinone to a request I made for military documents. In the email they are asking for a small payment for the documents. However, the payment portal PagoPA isn't available abroad. So I nee...
by Sasso
23 Jun 2019, 01:26
Topic: Partial Translation
Replies: 16
Views: 3007

Re: Partial Translation

I'm working on the translation of another record and came across a couple lines that I need help with. It's the second paragraph from the top. I'm not sure what the words after "domiciliato" are or the three lines after that. I'm doing well translating the remainder...so far :roll: http://...
by Sasso
21 Jun 2019, 01:37

Okay, here's my extremely rough translation of what I can read. November 8, 1885. At the official civil office of the commune of San Martino Vella Caudina appeared Pasquale Juliani, 33, (don't know this word), of San Martino, and (Not sure of the name), 30, (don't know this word either), of the same...
by Sasso
20 Jun 2019, 23:45

Amazing finds! It’ll take me a bit to translate them as i’m quite slow at it. Can’t wait to read them!

How did you find out what San Martino they were referencing? All I saw on the original document I posted was “San Martino” and there are tons of those.
by Sasso
20 Jun 2019, 15:08

Brilliant! You’ve been extremely helpful.

Now I just have to figure out which San Martino they’re referencing 😂
by Sasso
20 Jun 2019, 12:53

Thank you both for the help!

Angela, thank you for the marriage publication as well! Do you know if the large handwritten portion at the bottom has any significant information in it? I’m afraid my Italian is not that advanced.
by Sasso
20 Jun 2019, 03:45

Partial Translation

I'm looking for some help translating the marriage certificate for Antonio Sasso. I'm struggling to read/translate the area around his parents information. http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Matera/Stato+civile+della+restaurazione/Calciano/Matrimoni/1886/379/007862233_001...
by Sasso
24 May 2018, 00:15
Topic: Requesting Records help
Replies: 1
Views: 699

Requesting Records help

I'm looking into contacting Fondi for my ancestors records. I've done this before with military records, but never civil. For my previous request (military), I was kindly provided this template: [date, in Italian, month not capitalized - day, month, year] Archivio di stato di Frosinone piazza De Mat...
by Sasso
09 Jul 2017, 21:30
Forum: Genetic genealogy
Topic: Ethnic Percentage
Replies: 2
Views: 4855

Ethnic Percentage

Does the ethic percentages ( i.e. West Asia 16%) that are found in your DNA determine the relationship to that ethnicity? For example, someones DNA says they are 70% Italian, 1% West Asian, 9% Iberian, and 20% Greek. Does the 70% mean that your closer ancestors (grandparents, great grandparents etc....
by Sasso
09 Jul 2017, 21:21
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Military Record
Replies: 14
Views: 4447

Re: Military Record

Can I use the template Anizio provided for contacting the town itself? Is there a certain amount of time between requests that should be observed? I would, obviously, like to get as many records for my ancestors as possible, but I don't want to be annoying. If I contact them multiple times for diffe...
by Sasso
28 Aug 2015, 21:10
Topic: 1821 Death Records
Replies: 4
Views: 1914

Re: 1821 Death Records

That's a good point. I was thinking it may have a fire or something of the sort. A natural disaster would probably be easier to find out, though.

The Strada Prunella is,presumably, the street they lived on. What's the best way to find an old, possibly renamed, street?
by Sasso
28 Aug 2015, 14:42

Re: 1821 Death Records

I wonder what happened to them....

Thanks so much!
by Sasso
28 Aug 2015, 00:12

1821 Death Records

I'm having trouble reading these two documents. On the left is Giuseppe D'Orio, son of Carmine and Restitute Catuogno, (What age?), died April 24, 1821. On the right is his father Carmine, son of Francesco, who died the same day. How old was he? https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-12665-485...
by Sasso
04 Jul 2015, 05:17
Topic: Birth Certificate
Replies: 6
Views: 1751

Re: Birth Certificate

Resurrecting an old post because I've just come back to it and still have the same problem. Really small handwriting and I'm not entirely sure what it says. I never saw your last post Tessa! I'm sorry, I would've answered! I've attached a screenshot and the link. https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3....