Search found 104 matches

by parkergambino
05 Jan 2021, 19:13
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Missing part of naturalization
Replies: 8
Views: 285

Re: Missing part of naturalization

Here's a Hail Mary suggestion for you to try. A few years back I had visited the NYC archives at 31 Chambers St in Manhattan. Immigration records were on the 7th floor, the domain of Joe Van Nostrandt; his office phone is/was 646 386 5395. I found him to be extremely knowledgable about the holdings ...
by parkergambino
24 Dec 2020, 08:16
Topic: Need help locating info on my great-grandfather
Replies: 7
Views: 194

Re: Need help locating info on my great-grandfather

I agree with Pippo - the more information on relatives, etc. that you can provide, the easier it is to assist you. The guy in this Declaration document is the same one that Pippo found in the 1930 census: https://i.postimg.cc/1zygXd6h/Antonino-Pizzuto-Declaration-1922.png and here is his immigration...
by parkergambino
05 Dec 2020, 12:29
Topic: Obituary
Views: 256

Re: Obituary

The New York (City) Public Library has Hartford Courant 1764-1988 in its "articles & database" holdings. These are available remotely (from home), with a library card (account). It is not necessary to be a NY City resident to get a card, but it seems it's only available to NY State res...
by parkergambino
17 Oct 2020, 22:04
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Eastern European village
Replies: 15
Views: 2261

Re: Looking for Eastern European village

MKay, I have found this book helpful in understanding the geography of eastern Europe, including presentations of spelling variations. It was created specifically as an aid for Jewish family history, but geography is geography. One limitation is that if a town did not have a significant Jewish popul...
by parkergambino
17 Oct 2020, 21:34
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Photo Detective
Replies: 6
Views: 689

Re: Photo Detective

The noses of 3 and 4 are quite different.

Parker
by parkergambino
22 Aug 2020, 18:29
Topic: Brooklyn
Views: 422

Re: Brooklyn

Dear Lettie,

Your post is somewhat lost here. It is better to start a brand new thread for this topic, that way it will get more focused attention.

Parker
by parkergambino
22 Aug 2020, 18:10
Topic: Palermo birth records
Replies: 2
Views: 155

Re: Palermo birth records

Robert, I believe that uf1 is an abbreviation of Ufficio #1; ufficio = office. My knowledge of Palermo geography/genealogy is limited, but I think that there were several offices in Palermo's core; so, in a sense it is a geographic location. Perhaps if you post a specific record or search it will be...
by parkergambino
08 Jul 2020, 12:50
Topic: Graziano troubles in Palermo
Replies: 4
Views: 528

Re: Graziano troubles in Palermo

MMogno I just realized that I had left this thread hanging, so let me go for some degree of closure. I had already scoured the Palermo records for the Graziano lineages, including the 3 marriages you refer to here. I now interpret your suggestion (which is appreciated) as a nudge to go to the Proces...
by parkergambino
08 Jul 2020, 05:57
Topic: Palermo records
Replies: 3
Views: 263

Re: Palermo records

There have indeed been threads discussing and making available Tornabene's work (including notice of his 2016 death, a great loss). While his original source material (the indexes) is all available from the Antenati site, he processed and enhanced the Palermo marriage indexes into Excel files, which...
by parkergambino
06 May 2020, 14:34
Topic: read and print a document
Replies: 11
Views: 650

Re: read and print a document

Perhaps these images will help; I hope I got the linkages right, I'll check one when the post goes up. They vary in legibility, I've seen worse! Was there another doc? I'd rather avoid doing an entire allegati. Image availability to examine on a screen is not the same as for printing; I can't help m...
by parkergambino
30 Apr 2020, 23:33
Topic: Interpretation of Church record
Views: 227

Re: Interpretation of Church record

Thank you Erudita!

Parker
by parkergambino
30 Apr 2020, 22:48
Topic: Interpretation of Church record
Views: 227

Interpretation of Church record

I'm not sure which forum to submit this question to, so we'll start here in genealogy. http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Palermo/Stato+civile+della+restaurazione/Castelbuono/Nati-Matrimoni+allegati/1830/79/007806306_00235.jpg.html This document was harvested from the all...
by parkergambino
25 Apr 2020, 13:03
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Seek assistance translating English to Italian
Views: 289

Re: Seek assistance translating English to Italian

Thank you so so much!!!

Do you know at all about this guy Prof Cancila?

Parker
by parkergambino
25 Apr 2020, 03:08
Topic: Pietra Gambino - Need Tanslation to English
Views: 258

Re: Pietra Gambino - Need Tanslation to English

Let me send you a private message regarding Gambino in Torretta

Parker Gambino
by parkergambino
24 Apr 2020, 23:55
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Seek assistance translating English to Italian
Views: 289

Seek assistance translating English to Italian

Hello, I hope to send a message to the scholar Orazio Cancila, who is from my ancestors' home town of Castelbuono. This is a first contact for him. Thank you very much!! Here is my message: Professor Cancila,   Please forgive that I do not know the Italian language, and must rely on translations of ...