Search found 120 matches

by parkergambino
13 May 2021, 02:54
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Manifest Help
Replies: 24
Views: 11380

Re: Manifest Help

Simone, The manifest image provided by the Ellis Island site is not as good as the same manifest image provided by FamilySearch. Once you have a name (assuming that it is indexed correctly) and an arrival date, you can work through Family Search to get the superior image. If you are not already fami...
by parkergambino
09 Apr 2021, 03:20
Topic: Optimizing Images from Anetnati
Replies: 1
Views: 167

Optimizing Images from Anetnati

Optimizing the resolution of images from Antenati Some of the problems we encounter are due to images that are not as clear as we would wish them to be. By visualizing the best possible image, these problems can be mitigated to some degree. What follows is a trick that I stumbled across a while back...
by parkergambino
04 Apr 2021, 13:24
Topic: Finding Occupations before Civil Records
Replies: 5
Views: 349

Re: Finding Occupations before Civil Records

Sal,

I haven't seen occupations in the church records, so my best suggestion is to do what I did, find traces of your people in the subsequent civil records for birth, marriage, and death.

Parker
by parkergambino
04 Apr 2021, 13:14
Topic: Help Finding 1817 Birth record - Father's Profession
Replies: 3
Views: 238

Re: Help Finding 1817 Birth record - Father's Profession

You're welcome - payin' it forward!

Parker
by parkergambino
03 Apr 2021, 20:55
Topic: Help Finding 1817 Birth record - Father's Profession
Replies: 3
Views: 238

Re: Help Finding 1817 Birth record - Father's Profession

The parents Benedetto Monzù and Francesca Salamone had a son Vito in 1823:

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 0.jpg.html

Benedetto is "calzolajo" = shoemaker

Parker
by parkergambino
22 Mar 2021, 10:12
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Need help with Latin church records
Replies: 13
Views: 816

Re: Need help with Latin church records

All, Thank you for your attention to these documents, which seem to have complications that I hadn't imagined. It's a lot for me to digest, so it will take a while. Matt and I will be sharing notes in the coming days; it would be complex to post up all of my Caporrimo research here, as it's not read...
by parkergambino
22 Mar 2021, 09:39
Topic: Is this Vincenzo?
Replies: 12
Views: 565

Re: Is this Vincenzo?

For me, Joe's "the little cut in his right eyebrow near the nose bridge" is the feature that seals the deal.

Parker
by parkergambino
09 Mar 2021, 04:47

Thank you Paola & Cedrone, Reading the record in light of your concurrence reveals several confoundments about these records. Based on other evidence it is believed that: - Rosario is not the correct name for the father of Ignazio; the parents are [Antonio Caporrimo & Anna DiLorenzo]. Rosari...
by parkergambino
06 Mar 2021, 05:06

These translation requests are part of a larger and more complex request for assistance from several weeks ago, which has not yet gotten any replies. I've broken it down into smaller pieces to see if that will work. There are three Latin church records I need full translation help with; I put in par...
by parkergambino
06 Mar 2021, 05:02

FS links are not working, I will try to reload

Parker
by parkergambino
06 Mar 2021, 05:00

Need help with Latin church records

These translation requests are part of a larger and more complex request for assistance from several weeks ago, which has not yet gotten any replies. I've broken it down into smaller pieces to see if that will work. There are three Latin church records I need full translation help with; I put in par...
by parkergambino
03 Mar 2021, 18:09
Topic: Help with translation
Replies: 5
Views: 373

Re: Help with translation

Suggestions: mother = Maria Biunno profession = Muratore (mason, bricklayer) Helpful trick for improving legibility of Antenati records: 1. First determine the numbered tile you wish to view 2. From the index portal - showing all of the numbered tiles, RIGHT CLICK on the number you wish to view 3. W...
by parkergambino
28 Feb 2021, 10:01
Topic: Fanning out the family.
Replies: 42
Views: 23202

Re: Fanning out the family.

Biff, I'm not having success opening this link you posted: http://www.italiangen.org/databaselist.stm Mike, If you post about your Irish side here (not sure how Kosher) please put the word Irish in the topic title, that would draw my attention. Otherwise you can PM me about it when the time comes. O...
by parkergambino
20 Feb 2021, 20:22
Topic: Translation help for record
Replies: 7
Views: 463

Re: Translation help for record

Hi Mimi, welcome aboard. - When you start a new topic it is the beginning of a thread that may be brief or quite long, depending on how many comments there are. - If your reply to the topic without PM, then the information in your posts becomes available to everyone who is following the thread. The ...
by parkergambino
19 Feb 2021, 21:23
Topic: Ignazio Caporrimo - One person or two?
Replies: 0
Views: 298

Ignazio Caporrimo - One person or two?

Hello all! I'm stuck on a few little pieces of a big puzzle, and hopefully can benefit from a few more eyes looking it over. Basically I'm trying to determine if two people with the same name are the same person. There are two Latin church records I need help with. 1. Ignazio Caporrimo 1769 birth to...