Search found 48 matches

by mjr0627
19 May 2020, 00:14
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation of Marriage of Pasquale Scaturro and Philippa Jacono?
Replies: 2
Views: 67

Translation of Marriage of Pasquale Scaturro and Philippa Jacono?

I finally located the marriage of Pasquale and Phillipa and need assistance greatly This marriage is posted in Chiusa Sclafani San Nicol├▓ di Bari https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT-6MZQ-HBR?from=lynx1UIV8&treeref=LKQG-JM2&i=70 Groom - Pasquale Scaturro Bride - Philippa ???? Jacono? Som...
by mjr0627
04 Apr 2020, 03:08
Topic: Baptism name help - Pasquale?
Replies: 3
Views: 126

Re: Baptism name help - Pasquale?

Thanks Erudita. I had a marriage document for her and wasn't sure. Should have posted that as well. I added it now, and in that one, they truncated it to Pasqua. I wasn't sure of the handwriting and that it was the same person.

Thanks to you. I am now. :D :D :D
by mjr0627
03 Apr 2020, 23:16
Topic: Baptism name help - Pasquale?
Replies: 3
Views: 126

Baptism name help - Pasquale?

Help with Name of Baptized Child This Baptism record is the Child of Gregorio and Brigitte Chiarello, but I cannot translate the name? https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-XC59-D2Z?i=1034&cc=2046915 Middle of the right hand page I think it is Pasquale Joseph Chiarello. This is a clue to ...
by mjr0627
17 Mar 2020, 22:13
Topic: Seeking Parents of Anna Butera
Replies: 1
Views: 73

Seeking Parents of Anna Butera

I can't sort out the parents of the bride in this marriage document. I see it as Marriage Date - 29 April 1703 Parents of Groom Leonardo Lombardo - deceased I think and Antonina (Lucia determined elsewhere) parents of Bride??? Nicolai deceased? Anna Located here, upper right https://www.familysearch...
by mjr0627
05 Nov 2019, 20:56
Topic: Marriage of Jacoby Cataldo and ?
Views: 111

Re: Marriage of Jacoby Cataldo and ?

Thanks very Much

I was stuck on this one. Both the mother and the 1st wifes last name were Rizzo and I was confused.
by mjr0627
05 Nov 2019, 05:20
Topic: Marriage of Jacoby Cataldo and ?
Views: 111

Marriage of Jacoby Cataldo and ?

According to a later marriage Jacoby Cataldo was married to Antonina? last name unknown. This Marriage document is unclear to me? The marriage appears to be 7 Sept 1733 Between Jacoby Cataldo and Nataly Cujimano Were both Jacoby and Nataly married previously Would like to know the names of the paren...
by mjr0627
28 Sep 2019, 19:02
Topic: Death Notice for Antonino Piazza Son of Ignatio Piazza and Josepha Lombardo
Replies: 1
Views: 110

Death Notice for Antonino Piazza Son of Ignatio Piazza and Josepha Lombardo

I am starting to work on the occupations of my Sicilian ancestors and trying to figure out the best way to do that. I can find birth, death, marriage records, but don't know if these have any information on occupation or do I need to find a census from Sicily? What is the best place to find their oc...
by mjr0627
28 Sep 2019, 02:09
Topic: Unusual Marriage Record for Ignazio Piazza and Pietra Marrone - Pleasee provide translation help.
Replies: 8
Views: 307

Re: Unusual Marriage Record for Ignazio Piazza and Pietra Marrone - Pleasee provide translation help.

Thanks Erudita. You are the best. Gold mine indeed.. No need to send the links for the baptisms or any more information. I can go directly to them based on the dates alone. I have a lot of experience in these records now. Your explanation makes sense. I have been working the marriage and baptism rec...
by mjr0627
27 Sep 2019, 17:39
Topic: Unusual Marriage Record for Ignazio Piazza and Pietra Marrone - Pleasee provide translation help.

Re: Unusual Marriage Record for Ignazio Piazza and Pietra Marrone - Pleasee provide translation help.

As a slightly different question, can the translators confirm the translation of the item 1 lower left side as
Antonino Son of Joseph Scalisi and Catherina Vetrano - daughter of Maria lo Jacono ex lib
18 Jan 1756

What is the meaning of ex lib
by mjr0627
26 Sep 2019, 18:53

Unusual Marriage Record for Ignazio Piazza and Pietra Marrone - Pleasee provide translation help.

Attached is a marriage document with unusual format. I am trying to understand what is different about it? It looks like there is a Genealogy included in this single document. Are there vows included? I know that the translators are very busy. This document is very long I think I know the bride and ...
by mjr0627
21 May 2019, 01:58
Topic: Translation of Unreadable Piazza Baptism
Replies: 5
Views: 293

Re: Translation of Unreadable Piazza Baptism

Thanks Erudita. So in the index of the book, and the baptism document and the margin of the baptism, The name all looks the same. I just couldn't make it out very well. Do you really see it as Poluca Josepha also? Definitely a female, but not sure what the translation would be from Latin Poluca to I...