Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I'm trying to figure out the birth date. The record date is May 1, 1854. The birthdate appears to be on the 18th, but that doesn't look like the expected month of Aprile (is it?). What is the word written in the space for the month?
OK that makes sense. I was wondering why it didn't say "dieciotto" But I also wonder why they used corrente for the year and not for the month.
Thanks.
One of the most fun things that I discovered in my research was finding my look alike ancestor, Prince Marino Caracciolo II. Don Marino descends from the Caracciolo Rossi family, one of the oldest families in Naples, that date back to 950 AD. He was born in Atripalda on 9-6-1587 and died in Naples o...