Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I need some help with the 2 matrimoni annotations for Felice.
I see Concetta(sp?) Baldassarre on one but I can't figure out the date.
I'm not getting anything out of the one on top.
I can see that they are both in S.M.C.V.
Please help.
Thank you
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
The most common... couldn't tell you if it's the ONLY one...
It's the only one I've seen and sometimes has superscript "a" after it.
T.
EDIT:
I may have misunderstood you...
There are many other names that are abbreviated.
Antonio would be "Ant" with a superscript "o"
Domenico/a would be "Dom" with a superscript "co" or "ca"
Etc.
From 12th October 1946, the national anthem of Italy has been the "Canto degli Italiani" (Chant of the Italians), written in the Autumn of 1847 by a Genoese student and patriot Goffredo Mameli, and set to music in Turin by another Genoese, Michele Novaro. Born during an atmosphere of patriotic fervo...