Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Hello I hope someone can help me. I found one of my uncle's and my ggrandfather on the ellis island site and they say on their passenger list that they left a mother in itlay. I am haveing trouble reading what they wrote down for her name. If someone can help me I would really appreciate it. My ggrandfather's passener list is listed under Veneziano, Broccia Gppe. and his brother is listed under Veneziano, Calogero.
Thanks alot,
HVeneziano
HVeneziano wrote:Hello I hope someone can help me. I found one of my uncle's and my ggrandfather on the ellis island site and they say on their passenger list that they left a mother in itlay. I am haveing trouble reading what they wrote down for her name. If someone can help me I would really appreciate it. My ggrandfather's passener list is listed under Veneziano, Broccia Gppe. and his brother is listed under Veneziano, Calogero.
Thanks alot,
HVeneziano
Contrary to popular belief, not all Italian given names have Christian or classical roots. Many names encountered in older records are almost whimsical, and some cannot be translated into Latin or any other language. In order to avoid possible mistranscription of a given name with which the research...