Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Need someone to double check this for me. I have Luigia Campagnano, died October 7, 1882. She was 67? years old. I can't make out the town where she or her parents are from. The death record is from Castel Campagnano. Thanks!
leryan wrote:Need someone to double check this for me. I have Luigia Campagnano, died October 7, 1882. She was 67? years old. I can't make out the town where she or her parents are from. The death record is from Castel Campagnano. Thanks!
Luigia died on the 6th (ieri - yesterday) at 11 AM
She was 67 years old and a widow (vedova)
What you are reading for town is "questa comune" - "this town"
After her mother and father it says "in life in this town"
The greatest exodus of modern history has been that of the Italians. Since 1861, more than twenty-four million departures have been recorded. In the space of just over a century a number almost equivalent to the amount of the population at the time of the unification of Italy emigrated abroad. It wa...