Help with death record translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
User avatar
leryan
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 42
Joined: 19 Feb 2011, 21:33

Help with death record translation

Post by leryan »

Need someone to double check this for me. I have Luigia Campagnano, died October 7, 1882. She was 67? years old. I can't make out the town where she or her parents are from. The death record is from Castel Campagnano. Thanks!

Image
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Help with death record translation

Post by Tessa78 »

leryan wrote:Need someone to double check this for me. I have Luigia Campagnano, died October 7, 1882. She was 67? years old. I can't make out the town where she or her parents are from. The death record is from Castel Campagnano. Thanks!

Image
Luigia died on the 6th (ieri - yesterday) at 11 AM
She was 67 years old and a widow (vedova)
What you are reading for town is "questa comune" - "this town"
After her mother and father it says "in life in this town"

T.
User avatar
leryan
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 42
Joined: 19 Feb 2011, 21:33

Re: Help with death record translation

Post by leryan »

Thanks, I always miss the "yesterday" I thought that might be comune but had no clue on the first word. Now it looks so clear!
Surnames: Aldi, Campagnano, De Carlo, Del Santo, Marcuccio, Tebano
Location: Castel Campagnano and Siracusa
Post Reply