Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Need someone to double check this for me. I have Luigia Campagnano, died October 7, 1882. She was 67? years old. I can't make out the town where she or her parents are from. The death record is from Castel Campagnano. Thanks!
leryan wrote:Need someone to double check this for me. I have Luigia Campagnano, died October 7, 1882. She was 67? years old. I can't make out the town where she or her parents are from. The death record is from Castel Campagnano. Thanks!
Luigia died on the 6th (ieri - yesterday) at 11 AM
She was 67 years old and a widow (vedova)
What you are reading for town is "questa comune" - "this town"
After her mother and father it says "in life in this town"
An Italian novel for kids called "La Freccia Azzurra" (The Blue Arrow) says that all the children in the world wait for Christmas Eve to get presents from Santa Clause, but Italian kids are the luckiest in the world because they get presents again on the 6th of January by the Befana. Who is the Befa...