Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Need someone to double check this for me. I have Luigia Campagnano, died October 7, 1882. She was 67? years old. I can't make out the town where she or her parents are from. The death record is from Castel Campagnano. Thanks!
leryan wrote:Need someone to double check this for me. I have Luigia Campagnano, died October 7, 1882. She was 67? years old. I can't make out the town where she or her parents are from. The death record is from Castel Campagnano. Thanks!
Luigia died on the 6th (ieri - yesterday) at 11 AM
She was 67 years old and a widow (vedova)
What you are reading for town is "questa comune" - "this town"
After her mother and father it says "in life in this town"
Giovanni Caboto, son of Giulio, was born in Gaeta, Italy, around 1451 AD. After the Aragonese defeated the Angevins in 1461, his family took refuge in Venice where the young Giovanni grew up, got married to Mattea about 1870 and had three children: Ludovico, Sebastiano, and Sancto. His dream was to ...