Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I see the abbreviation used in relation to various religious orders such as the Jesuits, the Dominicans, and the Capuchins. It may mean "Reverend Fathers," but I really don't know for sure. Here is a link to a list of ecclesiastical abbreviations:
maestra36 wrote:I see the abbreviation used in relation to various religious orders such as the Jesuits, the Dominicans, and the Capuchins. It may mean "Reverend Fathers," but I really don't know for sure. Here is a link to a list of ecclesiastical abbreviations:
During the mass emigration from Italy during the century between 1876 to 1976, the U.S. was the largest single recipient of Italian immigrants in the world. However, their impact was not as great as countries like Argentina and Brazil. That was due to the fact that hundreds of thousands of immigrant...