Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I see the abbreviation used in relation to various religious orders such as the Jesuits, the Dominicans, and the Capuchins. It may mean "Reverend Fathers," but I really don't know for sure. Here is a link to a list of ecclesiastical abbreviations:
maestra36 wrote:I see the abbreviation used in relation to various religious orders such as the Jesuits, the Dominicans, and the Capuchins. It may mean "Reverend Fathers," but I really don't know for sure. Here is a link to a list of ecclesiastical abbreviations:
The typical Italian lineage dates from circa 1600, and for most of us that's reasonably profound. But who wants to be "typical" when you might be able to trace a lineage into the 1500s or even into the Middle Ages? Because success in this field requires practice and perseverance, as well as skills m...