Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I see the abbreviation used in relation to various religious orders such as the Jesuits, the Dominicans, and the Capuchins. It may mean "Reverend Fathers," but I really don't know for sure. Here is a link to a list of ecclesiastical abbreviations:
maestra36 wrote:I see the abbreviation used in relation to various religious orders such as the Jesuits, the Dominicans, and the Capuchins. It may mean "Reverend Fathers," but I really don't know for sure. Here is a link to a list of ecclesiastical abbreviations:
From 12th October 1946, the national anthem of Italy has been the "Canto degli Italiani" (Chant of the Italians), written in the Autumn of 1847 by a Genoese student and patriot Goffredo Mameli, and set to music in Turin by another Genoese, Michele Novaro. Born during an atmosphere of patriotic fervo...