Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
I have to admit that I am having trouble seeing those letters. Should I flip a coin?
Your help is very much appreciated.
I went with Barbato because what you may see as a "v" looks like it could be an "r" and a lowercase "b" that begins with a right to left loop at the top. I think the bottom of the "b" has some faded ink which makes it harder to see.
Giovanni Caboto, son of Giulio, was born in Gaeta, Italy, around 1451 AD. After the Aragonese defeated the Angevins in 1461, his family took refuge in Venice where the young Giovanni grew up, got married to Mattea about 1870 and had three children: Ludovico, Sebastiano, and Sancto. His dream was to ...