Medaglia Commemorativa Terremoto Calabro-Siculo 1908

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
lentini
Veteran
Veteran

Medaglia Commemorativa Terremoto Calabro-Siculo 1908

Post by lentini »

Ciao,

Sto cercando l'elenco delle persone e dei soldati italiani che hanno ricevuto il "Medaglia Commemorativa Terremoto Calabro-Siculo 1908" per il loro aiuto nel terremoto di Messina del 1908. Qualcuno sa dove ho potuto ottenere le informazioni che sto cercando di confermare un membro della famiglia che ha ricevuto questa medaglia.

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medaglie_p ... bro-siculo

grazie
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Medaglia Commemorativa Terremoto Calabro-Siculo 1908

Post by Tessa78 »

Saw this online...
The principle published work on the British relief effort during the Messina earthquake disaster is Angels in Blue Jackets, The Navy at Messina by J. W. Wilson and Roger Perkins. (Picton Publishing 1985, ISBN 0 948251 01 8 ). This book includes full rolls for recipients by vessel. (from which the above 'medals per vessel' numbers are extracted)
http://www.northeastmedals.co.uk/britis ... l_1908.htm

T.
lentini
Veteran
Veteran

Post by lentini »

Thanks for this. Looks like its more a list of the British soldiers. I was looking for the Italian recipients.

Thanks
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Before I left for vacation, I searched all over the internet, found many articles, mostly in Italian, but none with a list of recipients, other than the link given to you by T, which had British recipients. I suggest you contact the native town to see if it has a list of individuals from the town who were medal recipients. There may even be a monument in the town with a list of the individuals on it.

Erudita