I was wondering if the cemeteries in Italy are laid out like here and if their records are online. With the research I'm doing I'm curious if/how/when relatives were buried in Geraci Siculo in the mid/late 1800s.
Thanks!
Search found 28 matches
- 02 Oct 2018, 03:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cemeteries in Italy?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1229
- 02 Oct 2018, 03:50
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation assistance for postcard
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1073
Re: Translation assistance for postcard
Thank you so much! We are trying to figure out who wrote this as it's unclear. Possibly it was my great grandmothers sister.
- 02 Oct 2018, 02:09
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation assistance for postcard
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1073
Translation assistance for postcard
Could someone please assist in translating this for me? Its a postcard that was in a group of pics. I don't know who its from but the writing could help figure it out
Thanks!
Rich
Thanks!
Rich
- 29 Sep 2018, 16:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: ISO of grandmother's birth certificate - Born in Geraci Siculo 1913
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1044
ISO of grandmother's birth certificate - Born in Geraci Siculo 1913
My grandmother was born in Geraci Siculo in 1913. It looks as if I can only do searching in FamilySearch.org up to the year 1910. Other than there, what are my options in trying to find a copy of this. I'm not familiar with using any other databases other than FamilySearch.
Thanks in advance for ...
Thanks in advance for ...
- 28 Sep 2018, 16:25
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Assistance in translating - Natale Savasta birth certificate
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1638
Re: Assistance in translating - Natale Savasta birth certificate
Thanks so much!!!
- 28 Sep 2018, 15:28
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Assistance in translating - Natale Savasta birth certificate
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1638
Re: Assistance in translating - Natale Savasta birth certificate
Thank you so much. Just one follow up...you are certain the number of the residence is 3? I tried lookig at Google Maps and only 13 Vicolo Alcione came up. Odds are that street is either long gone or changed names. With all the translation requests I've asked for, this was the only one that came ...
- 28 Sep 2018, 01:22
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Thank you
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1356
Thank you
I have requested quite a few translations this week. I just wanted to give a big thank you to those who have helped. It is greatly appreciated.
- 28 Sep 2018, 01:21
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Assistance in translating - Natale Savasta birth certificate
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1638
Assistance in translating - Natale Savasta birth certificate
Any assistance in translating my uncle Natale Savasta's birth certificate. He was known as Uncle Neal in the family. He is entry 128. Thank you!
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947613
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947613
- 28 Sep 2018, 01:18
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Assistance in translating - Stefana Savasta birth certificate
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1154
Assistance in translating - Stefana Savasta birth certificate
Any assistance in help translate my aunt's birth certificate is greatly appreciated. Her given name was Stefana but I always knew her as Aunt Stella. Thank you!
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QSQ-G9MZ-55GM?i=1065&wc=MDBD-4P8%3A245879001%2C246712301&cc=1947613
sorry if this is a ...
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QSQ-G9MZ-55GM?i=1065&wc=MDBD-4P8%3A245879001%2C246712301&cc=1947613
sorry if this is a ...
- 28 Sep 2018, 01:08
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Assistance in translating - Anna Rose Savasta birth certificate
- Replies: 1
- Views: 820
Assistance in translating - Anna Rose Savasta birth certificate
Any help in translating my aunt's birth certificate is greatly appreciated. Its #162. Thank you!
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947613
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947613
- 27 Sep 2018, 14:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: An occupation as a "driver"?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1291
Re: An occupation as a "driver"?
So could you make the comparison that an occupation like that back then could be similiar to a truck driver these days? It would be pretty cool if so because back when I was a kid all I wanted to do was be a truck driver.
- 27 Sep 2018, 04:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: An occupation as a "driver"?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1291
An occupation as a "driver"?
Thanks to some great people helping translate some documents, I have been able to find out the occupations of some of me ancestors. One in particular is that of a "driver " in the mid 1800's in Geraci Siculo. Mu questions....what and who would they be driving in a small village type town??
- 27 Sep 2018, 03:20
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Vincenzo Savasta birth certificate
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1474
Vincenzo Savasta birth certificate
One more for the evening.....my uncle Vincenzo "Jimmy" Savasta. My grandmother's brother. Uncle Jimmy was the second youngest of 5 with my grandmother being the youngest. Any hep in translating is greatly appreciated as I am sharing with other family members. My father is enjoying everything I share ...
- 27 Sep 2018, 03:14
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Savasta - Great Grandparents Marriage Cert assistance
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1329
Savasta - Great Grandparents Marriage Cert assistance
Below is the marriage certificate of my great grandparents on my grandmother's side (Savasta). Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Entry #24.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947613
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947613
- 27 Sep 2018, 02:57
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Great Great Grandparents death certs - help translating
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1103
Great Great Grandparents death certs - help translating
The link below is the death cert of my great great grandfather. Any help in translating these is greatly appreciated.
Entry #917
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947613
Entry #917
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947613