Search found 129 matches

by ally
05 May 2010, 15:46
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Old Photos of Italy
Replies: 10
Views: 11173

Re: Old Photos of Italy

Thanks Caesar for the link for the vintage photos. They are wonderful.
by ally
07 Sep 2009, 03:14
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Street location in Schio, Italy
Replies: 12
Views: 15103

Re: Street location in Schio, Italy

Hi Everyone, Been awhile since i have been on this site. Update, Maybe Riccardo can help me???? My cousin visited Italy in May. She went to our g-fathers hometown of Schio. She located the street in which he lived and all newer homes with different addresses are posted. But she found the street, its...
by ally
02 Jun 2009, 18:31

Hi Riccardo, I'm doing well, yourself? I checked online for the 2 sites you mentioned. I can't order a search for the one in Washington as i do not have a birth month/date for either Anna or Antonio. I just have an estimate on the year from their childrens birth records from Italy. Do you think if i...
by ally
02 Jun 2009, 13:08

Hi Everyone, Been a long time since i was on here. I have been gathering information on my family of Santacatterina/Zanella from Schio. In regards to the above manifest of Anna Zanella, it lists a visa number. She states leaving Genoa and coming here in 1931. My question is, is there a way to search...
by ally
12 May 2008, 13:08
Topic: cemeteries in Italy
Replies: 3
Views: 6224

Re: cemeteries in Italy

Hi Sylvia, I haven't been on here for a bit. Reagarding Schio, no sorry to say I havent located anyone able to help me out on finding graves there. Riccardo offered me info stating it would be most hard to locate a person unless i know a death date. My family lived on 626 Via Sessegolo, if u could l...
by ally
31 May 2007, 20:22
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICCARDO!!
Views: 14992

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICCARDO!!

Riccardo,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICCARDO!!!!!!

Hoping you had a wonderful birthday. Wishing you many more.

Ally :D
by ally
30 May 2007, 21:02

Hi everyone, As in this thread the street address was via seseeegolo Think it was vj found an arrival for my g-gram Anna Zanella arriving in US on 9/1931 on the ship Conte Biacamano. Dont know if this is her. She shows as widowed in 1931. My gramps died in 1934, her Anna/Antonio Santacatterina came ...
by ally
27 Feb 2007, 17:43
Topic: Laureno ? near Naples
Replies: 2
Views: 4755

Re: Laureno ? near Naples

Hi,

I know there is a town in Salerno called Laurino.

If you look on the community section of the main menu
click on Locations in italy.

click sounds like and the spelling, it will list towns with that sound/name

ally
by ally
15 Feb 2007, 23:18
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: need help translating portuguese
Views: 4117

Re: need help translating portuguese

Nuccia,

Thanks, for the most part I can read what he wrote, some words kinda thru me.

I got a tree from him but its all in portuguese. So I tried the translators, they were not that much help. Figured since I was on this site, havent in awhile, would post here.

Thanks

Ally
by ally
15 Feb 2007, 21:05
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: need help translating portuguese
Views: 4117

need help translating portuguese

Hi was wondering if someone can help me out with this passage from a family tree: Casou-se com Saverio Miele, n. 27 Set 1863 in Monte San Giacom, filho de Antonio Miele (n. 02 Jan 1831 em MSG, fal 24 Nov 1910 in MSG, filho de Saverio Miele e Angelarosa Tartaro n 1810 em MSG) e Annamaria Aletta ( imi...
by ally
24 Jan 2007, 15:49
Topic: PayPal message...
Replies: 6
Views: 6331

Re: PayPal message...

Maria, I know a few months ago, I was getting the same thing. My husband found out that someone was sending out emails/messages on some sites that were not affiliated with Paypal. I would not go into anything unless you went directly to their site on your own. It lasted about a week. It has since st...
by ally
10 Jan 2007, 21:05
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: How can I obtain my Great Grandfathers birth certificate.
Replies: 13
Views: 13896

Re: How can I obtain my Great Grandfathers birth certificate

You mentioned he married in the states, did you get census records for them. What state did they live in, wifes name,children etc. Also, did he travel alone coming here, if he was born in 1886 and arrived in 1904 chances are he came with an adult. Whom did he travel with. I checked for the ship and ...
by ally
13 Nov 2006, 18:26
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: ancestry.com
Replies: 4
Views: 3438

Re: ancestry.com

Nuccia & itye, Yes, Nuccia is right! Ancestry dominates all genealogy sites. There are quite a few that loop their way back to Ancestry. For making your tree private, there is a way like Nuccia said. I cannot recall how to do it at the moment. But if you read thru Ancestry site, it does mention ...
by ally
09 Nov 2006, 23:29
Topic: Ancestry Immigration Records Updated
Replies: 17
Views: 16503

Re: Ancestry Immigration Records Updated

Nuccia,

Thanks for the information. My father in law came in 1950's. Gonna look him up.

Ally :D
by ally
07 Nov 2006, 23:00
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Father's birth certificate is wrong
Views: 12650

Re: Father's birth certificate is wrong

Hi, I don't know if this will shed some light on your problem. In Jersey, my aunt as well as my dad had their birth names and dates recorded wrong. Vitals in Trenton, stated that in order to change to correct date/name you will need your baptism record from the church in which they were baptized alo...