Search found 1076 matches

by carubia
Today, 11:06
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italian Antenati Website Problems
Replies: 9
Views: 200

Re: Italian Antenati Website Problems

Ron, I could DL all the Racalmuto files onto my computer, zip them into several files of size about 1 GB each, and UL them to a file sharing site such as MediaFire. Then you could DL the files from the account I create on that site, and unzip them on your computer. Do you have an application on your...
by carubia
Today, 05:17

It would probably take a couple of days to DL everything on Antenati for Racalmuto. The reason why it takes so long is that Antenati's website goes down frequently and the connection breaks. The problem then is that I would have all the files on my laptop and I'd need to send them to you somehow. Th...
by carubia
Today, 05:13

I have created an Excel file that will go to the website and download all the images in that folder or for that year. You can also specify an image and download all the rest in that folder. You can list up the comuni, record types, and years you want and have the program loop through the list, downl...
by carubia
Today, 03:47
Topic: Proietto or Figlio Naturale
Replies: 18
Views: 213

Re: Proietto or Figlio Naturale

TerraLavoro,

Yes, I've seen that in Sicily as well, after 1865, when civil marriage was introduced.
by carubia
Today, 03:41

Ron,

How many towns are you working in? Why don't you just download all the records for them once and be done with it?
by carubia
Yesterday, 17:01

suanj, It seems that you still don't understand my point. I wasn't disagreeing with you about the situation in Italy or in any other country, in any time period. I just wanted to make sure that the OP understood what figlio naturale meant, because the English words you used to describe it could caus...
by carubia
Yesterday, 13:35

The OP is asking now what the phrase means so we should respond using modern English so that we will be understood. Whether the term "figlio naturale" is still used is irrelevant. If someone asked, in English, what a procurator was, I wouldn't respond in Latin. Here's a definition that I think we ca...
by carubia
Yesterday, 12:50

We are responding to someone who asked a question now, in modern English. If you answer using older definitions of words that no longer apply you are likely to be misunderstood. I was clarifying, for the person who asked the question, that with "figlio naturale" it was not necessary for either paren...
by carubia
Yesterday, 12:01

In English "adultery" means a relationship in which one of the parties is married to someone else.
by carubia
Yesterday, 11:37

I just want to clarify that a "figlio naturale" does not necessarily imply an adulterous relationship. If the parents were not married to anyone, including each other, then their child would be a figlio naturale (assuming at least one of the parents acknowledged paternity or maternity), but there wo...
by carubia
21 Nov 2017, 18:14
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Seek Info on Calogero Interrante di Sciacca, Agrigento
Replies: 8
Views: 99

Re: Seek Info on Calogero Interrante di Sciacca, Agrigento

Here is that Calogero Interrante (b. 9 Oct 1897 in Sciacca) in my tree: https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/person/tree/52611790/person/300157540951/facts That part of the tree includes all his 2nd great grandparents and goes back up to 2 more generations in some cases. His birth record, his parent...
by carubia
15 Nov 2017, 09:26
Topic: research problems with parish records
Replies: 5
Views: 177

Re: research problems with parish records

Well, your French Canadian research depends on the work of people who indexed all those records and filmed them and put them online. Those are pretty "specialized" conditions. And how many French Canadians are there? How far back does their history go? How many churches records were filmed? Compare ...
by carubia
15 Nov 2017, 08:11
Topic: research problems with parish records
Replies: 5
Views: 177

Re: research problems with parish records

Often church records are grouped together in collections spanning multiple years, even decades, with an index at the front, so it can be easier for search for, say, a marriage or death record than with civil records, where you have to check each year's index. Yesterday I looked up some church marria...
by carubia
13 Nov 2017, 04:44
Topic: Using Mother's Surname
Replies: 7
Views: 226

Re: Using Mother's Surname

I've seen that many times on a civil birth record (where the mother's surname is her mother's name), but it is not as common as on marriage and death records. However, I don't recall seeing it on a baptismal record either. Then again, I haven't looked at as many baptismal records as I have birth rec...