Search found 239 matches

by Amansolillo
30 Oct 2019, 19:44
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Proper formatting of location names (pre-unification of Italy)
Replies: 5
Views: 592

Re: Proper formatting of location names (pre-unification of Italy)

Grazie Pippo!

Any idea how locations once part of the Papal States may be formatted? Only one town that I research, Pontecorvo, was part of the Papal States, and is was an exclave in the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies, so I am especially confused how to properly and accurately format the name.
by Amansolillo
29 Oct 2019, 19:53
Topic: Proper formatting of location names (pre-unification of Italy)
Views: 592

Proper formatting of location names (pre-unification of Italy)

Hello, I am wondering how to correctly format location names of comuni during pre-unification periods such as the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies/Kingdom of Naples. For instance, the town of Prata Sannita would be formatted today as Prata Sannita, Caserta (province), Campania (region), Italy. Would the ...
by Amansolillo
23 Aug 2019, 07:15
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Vairano Patenora - Guglielmo Babelli (orphan)
Replies: 2
Views: 382

Re: Vairano Patenora - Guglielmo Babelli (orphan)

I have looked through the birth records of Vairano Patenora and neighboring towns from 1900-1910 and was unable to find any birth records for Guglielmo Babelli. I even tried searching for Guglielmo Esposito on the off chance that he was given the last name Babelli upon adoption. The last name Babell...
by Amansolillo
23 Jul 2019, 03:48
Topic: Vairano Patenora - Guglielmo Babelli (orphan)
Views: 382

Vairano Patenora - Guglielmo Babelli (orphan)

I am seeking information on Guglielmo Babelli. He was born about 1909 in Vairano Patenora and was discovered as an orphan. He was raised by the Di Muccio family. He married Maddalena Apici on 15 May 1930 and had three children: Filomena, Gaetano, and Anna. Guglielmo died in Vairano Patenora in 1939....
by Amansolillo
19 Jul 2019, 19:17
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Poland - Lawrence Dejon/Deion and Marianna Stanoszek
Replies: 4
Views: 726

Poland - Lawrence Dejon/Deion and Marianna Stanoszek

Hello, I am seeking information on Lawrence Deion/Dejon (1863) and his wife Maria/Marianna Stanoszek (1866). They may have come from either Sanniki or Czyzew in Masovian Voivodeship. In 1903, Lawrence immigrated to the United States with two of his children, Victoria (1888) and Henry (1889), and set...
by Amansolillo
08 Apr 2017, 04:14
Topic: Latin records of Sortino
Replies: 7
Views: 1506

Re: Latin records of Sortino

I was able to find a vast majority of ancestors on the Muzzicato and Rio lines on my own in the past few weeks, bringing me to the 1550s. I've had a major difficulty in trying to understand the last name of one of the ancestors I've found. It is the marriage record of Pasquale Virdiano in 1602. I am...
by Amansolillo
26 Mar 2017, 20:27
Topic: Latin records of Sortino
Replies: 7
Views: 1506

Latin records of Sortino

Hello, I recently have been sent information regarding ancestors from Sortino. I've also been made aware that there is a database of Latin records from Sortino available on FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/search/collection/1491141), but I don't know how to read Latin, or what even to look for...
by Amansolillo
29 Nov 2016, 22:16
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Latin marriage records of Canicattini Bagni
Replies: 1
Views: 749

Latin marriage records of Canicattini Bagni

Hello. I was recently sent images of several church marriage records from Canicattini Bagni. The records are in Latin, and some are rather sloppily written. Due to my minimal understanding of Latin, here's all that I was able to understand: Record 1 (http://imgh.us/15252703_10208367067677876_4760452...
by Amansolillo
07 Sep 2016, 18:29
Topic: Ciriaco Manzolillo in the Catasto Onciario
Replies: 0
Views: 1331

Ciriaco Manzolillo in the Catasto Onciario

I recently received photocopies of my ancestor Ciriaco Manzolillo's family in the Catasto Onciario of Panni. I was wondering if anyone could help me understand what is being said on the second page, since I'm new to looking at the Catasto Onciario. http://imgh.us/pagina_97.jpg http://imgh.us/pagina_...
by Amansolillo
27 Jul 2016, 04:49
Topic: Catasto Onciario
Replies: 17
Views: 5943

Re: Catasto Onciario

I was able to acquire a transcript of the Catasto Onciario of Itri. I'm currently trying to piece together what fits with my family. I came across a strangely worded section for a household that may have been an ancestor of mine: Il bovaro Biagio Mancino di 31 anni abita in casa propria a Centanova ...
by Amansolillo
19 Jun 2016, 04:15
Topic: Online indexes for civil/parish records
Views: 2168

Re: Online indexes for civil/parish records

I'm specifically looking for online indexes such as the one I provided the link for, with a focus on the 1700s. I know it is highly unlikely that there exist such indexes online for the cities I listed, but I just wanted some input.
by Amansolillo
17 Jun 2016, 22:29
Topic: Online indexes for civil/parish records
Views: 2168

Online indexes for civil/parish records

Hello all, Recently, I came across an index of birth and baptism records from San Potito Sannitico spanning the years 1700-1900, which was compiled by two genealogists (http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~gensoup/sanpotito/index.html). As it is very fortunate and useful that such a res...
by Amansolillo
14 Jun 2016, 21:57
Topic: Recording previous names of cities/provinces
Views: 3077

Recording previous names of cities/provinces

Hello all, I recently realized that for quite some time, I have still been using the modern names of cities and provinces in my family tree for some locations whose names have changed over time. This has been a bit problematic, as I am currently working in the 1700s, but most of my data is recorded ...
by Amansolillo
31 May 2016, 00:44

Re: Catasto Onciario

Thank you for the help! The one I am most interested in looking for is the Catasto Onciario from Panni. Does anyone know how I might be able to find it?
by Amansolillo
18 May 2016, 04:44

Catasto Onciario

Hello. I'm aware that FamilySearch is currently working on making the Catasto Onciario viewable online in the future, but does anyone know if some of it is already viewable online? I am looking for the following cities, specifically (I believe all of these cities were part of the Kingdom of Naples a...