Search found 33 matches

by castle34
08 Oct 2013, 04:20
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Immigration Record for my father in law
Replies: 2
Views: 1342

Immigration Record for my father in law

I have been trying to find the emigration record for my father in law Donato Maselli. I have checked Ancestry.com and the book Italians to America but can find no record for him. His naturalization papers say he came to New York on the ship Rotterdam from Rotterdam, Holland. Although, he must have s...
by castle34
14 Aug 2012, 21:40
Topic: Amended Certificate
Replies: 2
Views: 1418

Amended Certificate

I am at my wits end and cannot get an answer from the Italian Consulate in NY nor from my representative's office. My husband is applying for dual Italian citizenship in category one. His mother's papers show five different names: Josie, Josepine, Josephine with her maiden name, Josephine with her f...
by castle34
07 Aug 2012, 21:21
Topic: Need court letter from Waterbury, CT re GGF birth date
Replies: 1
Views: 1097

Re: Need court letter from Waterbury, CT re GGF birth date

I too have a discrepancy in names and dates on some of the documents I have acquired. If I do need a court order, does anyone know what kind of court I can apply to? I was at a Probate Court on another matter for citizenship but the judge said he could not help me. Any suggestions? Thanks for a reply.
by castle34
07 Aug 2012, 21:18
Topic: Original Naturalization Certificate Not Good Enough for NYC
Replies: 25
Views: 9115

Re: Original Naturalization Certificate Not Good Enough for

I am a bit concerned about your problem with a Naturalization Paper. The Naturalization Papers I have for my father in law do have the petition and oath. However, his date of marriage is listed as July 4, 1930. The actual date is July 5. I have the marriage certificate to prove it. Do you think this...
by castle34
07 Aug 2012, 19:21
Topic: Forms for Category 1 applcation for citizeship
Replies: 0
Views: 698

Forms for Category 1 applcation for citizeship

My husband is applying for dual Italian citizenship through his father in Category 1. His father was naturalized in 1936. My husband was born in 1931, so I assume he is eligible. Since he is applying through his father, does my husband have to give information about his grandfather or great grandfat...
by castle34
03 Jun 2012, 01:40
Topic: Same Name
Replies: 9
Views: 3101

Re: Same Name

I would like to get a birth certificate, marriage certificate and death certificate for my mother n law's first husband. both deceased. The local vital statistics office tells me I cannot do it since my husband is not a relative. I know the dates of his birth and his marriage to my mother in law. Bu...
by castle34
01 Jun 2012, 14:07

I neglected to mention that we are applying in New York and that my husband's mother is now deceased.
by castle34
01 Jun 2012, 14:04

Thanks very much for your reply. My husband's mother was widowed when she married a second time. Would her first husband's death certificate be sufficient to demonstrate she is the same person? Do I also need her first husband's birth certificate?
by castle34
01 Jun 2012, 13:52
Topic: same person, different names
Replies: 0
Views: 737

same person, different names

My husband is applying for Italian citizenship at the NY Italian Consulate in 2013. Here's the problem. The Consulate insists that all documents contain the same name for a person. My husband's mother was born in the United States. Her birth certificate lists her first name as Giuseppina along with ...
by castle34
18 May 2012, 21:14

Same Name

Help!!! My husband is applying for Italian citizenship through his father and we have run into what seems like unsolvable problems. His mother's birth certificate shows the Italian version of his mother's name. All other documents show the Americanization of her name. The Italian consulate says this...
by castle34
18 May 2012, 17:06
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Maresca Family
Replies: 7
Views: 2563

Re: Maresca Family

Tesssa78 I'm sorry to be so late in responding but I have been away for the past several weeks. I'm back now and ready to tackle the genealogy thing again. You are a genius. You have garnered me more information than I have been able to uncover since 1989. The passport application is definitely my A...
by castle34
24 Apr 2012, 17:27
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Maresca Family
Replies: 7
Views: 2563

Re: Maresca Family

Tesssa 78. Thank you so much for posting the above information. This about the only data I have after many years of researching. But I'll keep plugging away.

Again, many thanks.
by castle34
24 Apr 2012, 17:22
Topic: RENUNCIATION OF iTALIAN CITIZNSHIP
Replies: 31
Views: 10947

Re: RENUNCIATION OF iTALIAN CITIZNSHIP

JJ313 Thank yoo very much for copying the instructions from the NY Italian Consulate site. I really aprecate it. I'm in the process now of collecting all the documents. I'm afraid I have another question for you. Two of our children will be applying at Boston and in New Zealand. So I am assuming tha...
by castle34
23 Apr 2012, 13:25

Now I know I am getting senile. I went t the link consnewyork.isteri.it. I clicked on Consular Servces (top middle). The next page op left had info on how to make an appointmentat the consulate. Top right had a list of services, the first Registry Office. I clicked on Citizenship (on this list). The...
by castle34
23 Apr 2012, 04:28

Thank you for the link But I must be getting senile. There is no info on the page, just the statement that "Much more information is available in English on this site." Am I missing something? The page is in English.